[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Feeling low because of relationship

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: tumblr_okluaqEzkn1r6xg0co1_500.gif (996KB, 499x374px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_okluaqEzkn1r6xg0co1_500.gif
996KB, 499x374px
Hi /adv/. I have never posted here before, but I need some relationship advice.

I've been in a relationship with my bf for a little over 2 years. It started out as a normal relationship but slowly became more of a D/s dynamic with me being the sub. That's all well and good, but lately he has treated me very degradingly and hasn't really done anything to care for me afterwards. Whenever I bring it up he just says "you know I love you" or "you're too sensitive." He does love me and he has never treated me badly outside the bedroom, but still being treated like that can be hard on my self esteem. I still need to be able to look in the mirror and see a worthwhile person afterwards.

We love each other and I have no desire to leave him, but something needs to change.

Should he take more time to make sure our relationship isn't hurting me, or is he right and I'm just being oversensitive? Also how can I talk to him about it in a way that he'll listen?
>>
>>18716319
Well, the way you feel is the way you feel. Calling someone overly sensitiveness is just a way to make you feel like shit for trying to live your life the way you like.

If you don't want to do something sexually with him, it doesn't matter if you've done it before. Just tell him no. If his dick is in your vagina and u dont want to be called a whore just say that and if he doesn't stop just push him off you and go about your day.

if he can't accept the way you want to be treated then just leave his sorry ass.
>>
>>18716343
It's all consensual, or at least not something I'm seriously saying no to. It's not that I don't want to do kinky stuff. I just want some aftercare after. I don't think that's too much to ask.
And yeah I agree that he has no right to tell me how I should be feeling. I know he wouldn't like it if I treated him like shit, even if he knew it was just pretend/compartmentalized like that.
>>
Ok...
I'll check back later. Any advice is appreciated.
>>
>>18716319
>he just says "you know I love you" or "you're too sensitive."
This is enough to know he does not in fact, love you. If he did, he would take your feelings seriously. So just get out now before it gets worse, because it will. Speaking from experience here.
>>
24/7 D/s is REALLY hard and requires both sides to be very in tune with each others' feelings. He's obviously not taking your feelings into account. He's letting this go to his head. In BDSM, we're all equals. If anything, the sub holds more power. Or at least should be! After care is so vital.

What he is doing is really disappointing and gives Doms a bad name. He sounds like the ridiculous kind of Dom who says bullshit like, "If you were a GOOD sub then you wouldn't have xyz limits and you would be doing abc." That is not how D/s works. D/s is about both sides enjoying themselves. Sounds like he just wants a servant.
>>
>>18716418
>>18716473
You guys are right. I don't want to leave him, but I'll tell him we need to take a break from the D/s thing for a while and just get back to the basics.
Maybe we can come back to it when he actually listens to me and cares about my feelings.
>>
>>18716524
In fact, this will be a great test. Will he be able to go back to treating you like an equal? Is he going to respect your boundaries? Is he going to challenge you, trying to get you to "get over it"?
Please be very cautious if he refuses to stop D/s. You are not giving him a request. He does not get to say, "no". You are revoking your consent. This is very important.
>>
>>18716580
Good point. I'll make that clear. I don't think he'll probably fight me too much about it to start with, but I need to know he won't just say ok and then keep treating me like a lesser person anyway.
>>
>>18716598
>but I need to know he won't just say ok and then keep treating me like a lesser person anyway.
When he does that, you need to call him out. "Hey, I don't want to do that any more." He should say, "Oh jeez, you're right. Sorry." If he blows you off and says, "Lighten up, it's not that big of a deal to me." that's a bad sign. "Your behavior makes me feel like I'm beneath you. That's okay to you?"

If he isn't on the same page, there's nothing else you can do. You need to establish boundaries, and then hold to them. If boundaries are crossed, then that means that you shouldn't have to be around that person any more.
>>
>>18716319
>fucking outside of marriage
It's all so tiresome. Anyway, just talk it over with him about what you don't like. If he cares about you, he'll give way.
A rule of thumb is that no relationship should be made or broken by sex--not only because sex should be within a marriage, but because it should never be the number one reason for being together. Ideally, it shouldn't factor in at all.
>>
He never heard of aftercare?
>>
>>18716319
I think if I were in this situation I would talk about it with him more seriously, perhaps he doesn't understand how much it affects you.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.