[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the key to conversation with other people ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

I've become more extrovert and confident thx to advice, which now makes it easy to make first contact with strangers.
After 2-3 days however, when people are usualy done being extra-nice and probably start paiting a portrait of you, I have trouble maintaning relationships/aquaintances. I don't know how I should proceed from there. I know you, but I just don't know what to say more than hi and usual small talk. How do I go deeper ?
Is there a key to conversation ?
>>
>>18716162
That contrast between "the easily approachable guy" funny and outgoing person and the loner is mentally uncomfortable. Doesn't it bother you ?

Like one day you're a star, if not THE star, then just a pleasant memory.
>>
People are primarily concerned with themselves. Talk to them about their interests and consolidate their opinions and they'll enjoy talking to you - even if you say very little.

Also, use humour when you can, but don't force it. Don't insult the other person, or make jokes at the expense of your mutual friends/colleagues for cheap laughs. This will reflect badly on you. Speak ill of no man and no man shall speak ill of you.

Find common ground with the person and focus upon those things that draw you closer together, rather than differences that may hinder your ability to bond.

Avoid conflict and argument at all cost, always bite your tongue, always let the other person save face. Even if you think they're wrong, turn the other cheek.

Simple things over time can lead to more meaningful friendships; Call them by their first name, remember their favourite music or food and develop your own knowledge of these things. People will not only be flattered by the attention, but will reciprocate such advances and soon you'll have friends with whom you can share all your favourite experiences, hobbies and so forth.
>>
>>18716188
Finding common ground hits the spot. I just realized I seldom find something that startles me enough ro stay engaged. Is this a hinr has to havinf a forseeable furure with this person ?
Does common ground has to be "deep" as in deeper than watching game of thrones ? or should I build on watching Game Of Thrones ?
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.