[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stop me from becoming an extreme cynic??? Please??

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: postmodern-002.jpg (222KB, 996x840px) Image search: [Google]
postmodern-002.jpg
222KB, 996x840px
With the realization of the value of attractiveness in dating (which I think is slightly overblown, but still present), I'm becoming more and more jaded towards people. The halo effect, people treating people better because of their genes which make them attractive, the ranges of difficulty for everyone in life, so on and so forth. Then I realized something. Being friends with anyone isn't much different. I used to be very open and very quiet about MY take on things, because I felt it was rude and I liked to hear people's perspective. As I've grown, through some rough experiences, I believe I became more opinionated and had boundaries, which has alienated a fair bit of my friends. Even then, the friends I do have, and the friends anyone has, are people that make you feel good, in general. We become friends with people we can relate with, share a sense of humor, or whatever. Human beings are constantly pleasure seeking, even in their relationships. This gave me another realization, a family unit is the highest form of relationship/frienship between humans. Unconditional love. But we aren't all a family, so most of us humans interact on a "what do I stand to gain from this person" basis.

It disgusts me. It sickens me. And I'm right there a part of it. I don't even like women anymore, because I've realized that even being slightly attractive, that's the only reason they're nice to me. It's like I feel angry for those who aren't genetically even slightly well off. Those who got the bad hand. In whatever sense.
>>
>>18716046
>a family unit is the highest form of relationship/frienship between humans. Unconditional love. But we aren't all a family
just food for though:

family units are created by former strangers who dated each other than then fucked, which means they were exactly as susceptible to the whole idea of the value of attractiveness and wanting to get something out of the other person
>>
A man I know got into a car crash when he was younger, in high school. He suffered brain damage and can no longer walk, due to amputation. He learned to speak again, and has probably lost 15 to 20 IQ points if not more. His speaking voice is much different now, one you'd expect to hear from a disabled person. All of his high school buddies? Gone. He tried to contact them but they ignore him. Disgusting right? People fucking DISGUST ME. I hate them, and my hatred grows every day.

This sounds like an edgefest, but it's true. I have no desires to be violent against them, it's just I hate them. It leaves me very conflicted. Because I love humanity too. But the days where I hate them seem more frequent.
>>
>>18716061
Family unit including child, grandparents, aunts and uncles. I guess I should have been more clear. Good point though. My cousin just married a girl I consider not that attractive but she's very nice and I respect him a lot for it. Looks aren't everything.

But yeah that is a good point. It seems that mode of thought can even extend to families. "Well you HAVE to love them, it's expected." Well yeah, but at the very least we can say that some do or try to.

Just an extreme example. The mother and father of a murderer. Some disown, and rightfully so, some say they're still our son, and we still love him. That kind of love.
>>
>>18716046
Even the parent child relationship is a conditional love if you think about it.

You can't go back once you've started thinking op
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.