[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can I be an engineer if I'm a brainlet?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

File: 1505043057004.png (56KB, 778x512px) Image search: [Google]
1505043057004.png
56KB, 778x512px
Can I be an engineer if I'm a brainlet?
>>
Probably not, desu. What engineers actually do is not that hard, but getting through the schooling is brutal. Maybe you should consider the 2 year engineering tech programs offered at vocational schools. I know of people who did those programs and are not geniuses by any means. You'll get to do engineering work but wont get the pinky ring and will need to have your work signed off by someone who went to university.
>>
>>18715384
What do they actually do
>>
>>18715384
I agree with you. The actual work is retarded compared to the things I learned how to do at university. But even trying to teach field underlings basic shit is like pulling teeth because apparently even the retarded shit is too hard for most people.
>>
>>18715370
Depends on what you mean by brainlet.
Struggled to even complete hs kind of brainlet or needed to try harder to achieve the same results, when I was in engineering there were a lot of people who tried absurdly hard to pass but in the end they passed, if not in the standard 5 years they took an extra year or two but they still finished.
>>
>>18715412
I can thoroughly grasp hs shit when I put forth an effort but I have some trouble with common sense and my IQ may or may not be low
>>
Engineering is intense dude.

You got learn calculus I (limits, derivatives, anti derivatives)

then calculus II (double and triple derivative & antiderivatives, trig functions, additional methods)

Calculus III is I & 2 but this time it's in 3 dimensions x y z

after calculus III you're doing differential equations which is calculus on crack

That's just the foundational maths you have to learn before you get to start learning any real engineering stuff , and that's before you factor in the chemistry and physics you have to learn

Shit ain't no joke
>>
>>18716226
not to mention there's fluid dynamics, Statics, dynamics , thermostat dynamics... shits ridic
>>
File: 1503257844799.jpg (107KB, 695x736px) Image search: [Google]
1503257844799.jpg
107KB, 695x736px
>>18716226
>Calculus III is I & 2 but this time it's in 3 dimensions x y z
>Engineering is intense dude
>>
File: IMG_6233.jpg (23KB, 333x169px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6233.jpg
23KB, 333x169px
>>18716234
t. someone who has never ducked with higher level calculus
>>
File: IMG_6234.jpg (68KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6234.jpg
68KB, 1280x720px
This is badic mandatory fundamental shit you have to learn to even be allowed to start being able to understand actual engineering courses and concepts

dynamics and thermo/fluid problems get retarded real fast and if you can't comfortably get through calculus you have zero chance succeeding through an engineering program
>>
>>18715370
yes but you have to study extra hard and get restless nights.
>>
File: 1503865167633.jpg (735KB, 1426x713px) Image search: [Google]
1503865167633.jpg
735KB, 1426x713px
>>18716265
I study theoretical physics you imbecile.
>>
>>18716311
That's cool. Just it's stupid to act like there isn't a big diff between Cal I,II and Cal3/diff eq
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.