[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Need advice: Hinting at a guy in my class.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 19

File: feelizabeth.png (150KB, 597x512px) Image search: [Google]
feelizabeth.png
150KB, 597x512px
What would you do if you found out a classmate you were e-stalking out of curiosity is a lot more interesting than you've imagined? I know it’s a weird question, but I’d like to get more acquainted without it coming off too weird.

Backstory
> 1st year uni
> settle in quite well everyone mingles well
> Guy in my lect/tutes, avg looking, doesn't talk much, carries himself well, a bit of a loner
> He studies with groups and stuff in tutes and labs, but to a minimal, doesn't really have a group of classmates he hangs out that I know of (this is actually problem, no mutual friends)
>don't know his name, but didn't know half the class anyway

F.Fwd to 2nd semester.

> look at a board relating to lab registrations and found his name, curious, so I look him up on fb
> Wall is actually of him climbing Mt.Everest with his group
> timeline of him flying helicopters, sailing across Tahiti, skydiving over beaches, surfing in Fiji, scuba diving in the Maldives

It’s so surreal someone like this even exists outside of some huge insta personality, let alone someone who quietly blends in with a crowd.
I've never seen him smile before and in each of his photos he's got this huge smile like he's having the time of his life. I admit I've fallen pretty hard. I'm genuinely curious about the stories and experiences he has to share.

I've been fighting the urge to tell my friends about this for almost a month, because I know it'll complicate things, considering we didn't make a good first impression.
Is there a way I can reconcile this? How would I go about approaching him? I have no mutual friends, I see with him once a fortnight and I already have a group, it’ll be just awkward to sit next to him. Has anyone been in a similar situation that can help me? pleeease?

>mfw listening to 'Friends' by Bieber on loop for the past few days since I saw him in campus lounge with the song playing, it fit the situation so well, it’s been stuck in my head since.
>>
File: 1470584663510.jpg (76KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1470584663510.jpg
76KB, 960x960px
>>
File: 1504404262422.png (125KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
1504404262422.png
125KB, 1440x900px
>>18715248
Add him on jewbook and start a casual convo. Easy. It's a little bit stalkerish but girls pull that move all the time so nbd
>>
Any way you try it's gonna be awkward
You already know what he's interested in so try talking about that
If you are somewhat attractive and he doesn't currently have a girlfriend (which from your description it sounds like it) he would probably be glad to have a girl take an interest in him.
He will probably be pretty awkward but give it a bit of an effort.
Worst case scenario is he thinks you're ugly and keeps his distance from you but then you're just back to where you are now
It has no effort on your other relationships at all so don't stress
>>
>>18715248

fuck you you bitch ass whore holy fuck I hate women so much you have fucking everything in life so fucking easy, just tell the little fucking nigga that you want to hang out there is 0 chance that he will say no unless your deformed or very fat.
>>
File: 1497974136833.jpg (305KB, 1681x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1497974136833.jpg
305KB, 1681x1050px
>>18715271
>It's a little bit stalkerish
I think given the circumstance, it would be overtly stalkerish, he's got a pretty uncommon name, its a pretty normal account, about 300 or so friends. Adding about 4 a month. Ideally i'd like to build some sort of rapport first.

>>18715425
>You already know what he's interested in so try talking about that
I feel so insecure about it though, I've got so many questions but most of my travels were with family holidays. I feel I can't relate. But I want to (or at least try)

>and he doesn't currently have a girlfriend (which from your description it sounds like it)
Really? How can you tell?
Honestly I've been dreading this since the first week I found out about his double life. In the back of my head he's probably in a long term relationship. But he doesn't have couple photos, he's got lots of 'out there' adrenaline type friends but no couple photos (which is hopeful)

>>18715436
Its not that easy though, social cues have their purpose in human interaction.
But still I'm assuming you're not from r9k. reverse the roles and put yourself in my shoes, would just handing my number work as a general hint? I can probably sneak it into his notes.
>>
>>18715248
>hinting
just be direct. no one likes the coy nonsense
>>
I think its normal.

But then again I doxed alot on 4chan and gaiaonline as a teenager and eventually pursued college in computer forensics. There is story by Kierkegaard called the seducer about a man who learns everything about his object of affection and seducers her into falling in love with him.

Be mindful of this kind of manipulation while talking to someone. I've dated chicks with good SEO and weak infosec that Ive literally learned their life story before they knew my first name. When you have all these details about someone it gives you alot of control to bring up their interests. This control can really kill a shot at an organic relationship because you're steering things your way and it makes it harder for the person to care about you in quite the same way.

He also seems pretty rich if he can afford to summit everest, so he probably has it pretty easy in his selection of women.
>>
File: ask him on date.jpg (220KB, 600x881px) Image search: [Google]
ask him on date.jpg
220KB, 600x881px
>>18715248
Deny all your stalking deeds, delete any incriminating evidence of you stalking him, then simply go and chat him up at class like normal person would. Start with question: can i sit next to you?

Then ask him on date or simply to hang out with you. Use smile and he may get instant boner and fall for you.

Tldr chat him up and NEVER admit you are stalker to anybody.
http://www.improveyoursocialskills.com/conversation
>>
>>18715581
I would think putting your number in his notes (or somewhere noticeable) would work very well
>>
File: 1387445045437.gif (1019KB, 249x190px) Image search: [Google]
1387445045437.gif
1019KB, 249x190px
>>18715248
>find out a guy is rich and can take you on fancy vacations wherever you want
>suddenly "love" him

Women
>>
File: crazy girls.jpg (144KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
crazy girls.jpg
144KB, 800x800px
>>18715808
>>
>>18715248
>woman hates guy
>woman learns guy has money
>woman now wants to sink hooks into guy
pottery
>>
>>18715814
Not that anon but this is the type of shit thats going to get you replaced with robots in a few decades.
>>
File: spegget.png (74KB, 505x461px) Image search: [Google]
spegget.png
74KB, 505x461px
>>18715814
That pic is literally saying that women have nothing but sex to offer...
>>
>>18715826
Partially due to many misconceptions.
>Most people are compatable with most people
>Relationships are based on trust and must be reciprocated
>Open relationships don't work
But having a warm fuckhole and a diva complex is apparently all women think they need. I'd be sad, but as a eugenics supporter I'm okay with bloodlines going extinct.
>>
>>18715837
>That pic is literally saying that women have nothing but sex to offer...
It only applies to the type of people for which that image would be posted as a reply in the first place.
>>
>>18715248

He sounds like a rich/interesting/mature guy and you sound like an infatuated 12 year old. I'm sure he's into delusional women. Go ahead play more games you crazy bitch.
>>
>>18715850
Well that image was posted as a reply to a dude that said how "love" of some women works. It had nothing to do with sex.
>>
>>18715814
Except that guy clearly doesn't care about you you dumb whore.
>>
File: mommy issues.jpg (28KB, 723x350px) Image search: [Google]
mommy issues.jpg
28KB, 723x350px
>>18715837
So what exactly do they offer?
>>
File: jojcarz.jpg (88KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
jojcarz.jpg
88KB, 1280x720px
>>18715948
Well in my only relationship we were best friends, spent time together, we had some similar hobbies, but also introduced each other to new things. Sex was dessert, not the main dish.
>>
>>18715990
>were
What happened?
>>
File: bored.jpg (97KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
bored.jpg
97KB, 360x360px
>>18716012
She had anorexia, I had some family problems, we couldn't work it out. Nonetheless I regret nothing, it was best two years in my life.
>>
File: dont date broken people.png (138KB, 540x488px) Image search: [Google]
dont date broken people.png
138KB, 540x488px
>>18716099
How much pic related is true in your case?
>>
>>18716139
Not much.
>>
File: 1483935569447.jpg (77KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1483935569447.jpg
77KB, 720x720px
Thread bump
>>
>>18715248
Man here. There is no way in hell a loner type guy will pick up on hints. You just have to tell him.
I don't know if his activities are your kind of thing, but be warned that he might focus on them rather than a relationship with you. I'm not saying to give up--if you like him, go for it--but just know what the possibilities are.
>>
>>18715248
Imo, you have two ways of doing it.
You either tell him straight up that you looked for his name cuz it's not that common, or you add him on Facebook saying that you added him for his name.
>>
>>18715581
Don't do that gay note thing. Just talk to him and ask him for his number. I know it's hard to introduce yourself to someone, but just do whatever you can like wait somewhere near and like youre waiting or just texting and then look up and say hi. He'll prolly just start chatting with you, tell him like hey im having an issue with this can I text u about it?

He might not be great with girls so you might have to be a little pushy on him. When you text him, dont text hm for long if you can help it but if hes great convo then sure but most importantly ask him out say like hey I had a nie time chatting with you so on so on wanna hang out an do so and so.

You don't have to ask him out. Presumably you're a girl, people will say be direct. But generally speaking it's considered to be more lady-like to be a little indirect. Hangout means ask out you just have to add the context.
>>
File: 1501817560925.png (248KB, 676x505px) Image search: [Google]
1501817560925.png
248KB, 676x505px
Odds are if you're not also into that kind of stuff he won't take much notice to you. This is coming from a very active dude. Are you into the same things as he is or are you just lovestruck?
>>
>>18716914
Honestly, I wouldn't be bothered by a note. Only Chads would see it as weird/clingy, but loners would probably find it endearing.
>>
>>18717030
yeah but there's no guarentee he'll have the balls to text it. If i seen a note in my binder I would literally be like I'm probably not ggonna text this. When you see a number in a bathroom stall that says for lots of booty call xxx-xxx-xxxx do u cal it?

no. okay thats whta i thought.

Lets talk about the "Chat and ask" nice conversation a little flirting ask for number.
>>
>>18717035
Oh, yeah, OP should give the note herself. She could just walk past the guy and drop the note in front of him or something.
>>
File: Fagets.jpg (104KB, 821x637px) Image search: [Google]
Fagets.jpg
104KB, 821x637px
>>18715248
Why do I get the feeling a week from now there'll be a thread complaining some perfect guy had sex with you and is now ignoring you?
And then in a month there'll be a thread asking for best ways to kill yourself.

Good luck
>>
>>18715257
fpbp
>>
>>18715248
Am I alone in being somewhat disconcerted at instantly recognizing who wojak is crossdressing as in OP pic?
>>
>>18715814
Wow, great response OP. I think I've got a plan to solve your problem.

First, take that picture and get it printed out. On the nicest, biggest paper you can find. Hell get it laminated just for that extra oomph.

Then go up to your new crush with that picture, shove it right in his face and say "Take me on a trip to Paris RIGHT NOW or you'll NEVER get to touch my vagina!".

Guarantee, you'll be on a first class flight by the next morning, and have a $30,000 wedding ring on your finger by next friday. Foolproof plan, you just gotta go for it.
>>
>>18715837
Kind of. I agree with the image a lot though. Women are higher in neuroticism which is one of their "weak points". They are however less judgemental and very uplifting and positive to be around. Once you realize that women's "craziness" is something you just have to accept you can deal with them a lot better. This realization has helped me a lot desu.
>>
>>18715248
>this is actually problem, no mutual friends
Girls really shouldn't be in a position to judge this when it's easy as fuck for you cunts to make friends since everyone wants to be around you.
>>
I dont know if OP is a troll or the thread's been derailed.
>considering we didn't make a good first impression.
Youll need to elaborate on this. Why do you have to reconcile? Youre just classmates its not out of the norm to talk to classmates.

>>18716919
Has a point, though. If youve got nothing in common then you probably wont relate. Even if you were to do those activities together, There's nothing worse than having to babysit someone especially when doing those types of activities. Theyre dangerous enough as is, let alone looking after people who cant look after themselves.

And odds are those types of men are already taken, in a long term relationship or gay. He'll most likely be older than you too.
>>
File: 1486367232528.jpg (116KB, 960x810px) Image search: [Google]
1486367232528.jpg
116KB, 960x810px
>>18715808
haha , I love that gif.

>>18716908
>>18716911
Thanks I think i'll be more direct. I see him in class again on Friday so I dunno, I might stop by and say hi? I am having second thoughts about the whole note thing, reading from the thread.

>>18716919
>Are you into the same things as he is or are you just lovestruck?

I occasionally I do outdoorsy kinda stuff, but not to that extreme degree. I find him interesting, if anything, come to think about it I am probably a bit lovestruck.
I guess its because he's quiet and reserved that makes him endearing. If he was the same person but was loud and was a like a jock I don't think i'd be into him.

>>18717331
That's not my post. =/

>>18717432
>Youll need to elaborate on this. Why do you have to reconcile?
Oh, when we were assorted into our lab groups of 2-4 people, we opted to go as a group of 4 while he sat across the bench from us, we should've at least invited him to join us.
He did the whole semester's labs on his own, I feel really really bad about it.

>Even if you were to do those activities together, There's nothing worse than having to babysit someone especially when doing those types of activities
I guess you have a point. Perhaps this is a bad idea after all. I keep what I know to myself though, knowing the group I'm with they'll follow him all over campus especially my other lab partner who flirts really aggressively.

I'll think of a rough idea on what to do over the next few days.
>>
Suck his dick
>>
>>18715248
I hate this horse shit.
If you're into a guy, go talk to him.
I never know if girls are into me or not, they're too fucking timid.
>>
>>18718274
>That's not my post. =/
Doesn't matter, follow my plan anyways.

You want to go on those expensive trips right? Well you gotta get assertive if you want them.
>>
>>18716139
literally me right now but it's my parent's basement and he's my fiance. what do? this image is fucking with me.
>>
>likes him because he does cool shit
female """""""""love""""""""""
>>
you are a women you can do anything worst thing will happen he doesnt like you back

i do hope you die a horrible fucking death at a young age though
>>
>>18718274
imo you are over thinking everything. have you a fear of rejection, or been let go coldy before? it sounds like it. dont hold on to that stuff.

he could just be a solitary person. maybe there are issues under the surface that he is trying not to show and that means not engaging in meaningful relationships with people regardless of how outgoing he may seem in this other life.

i think you should say hey, and if nothing happens dont take it personally.
>>
>>18720688
>wat do
Isnt it obvious? Only he himself can solve his issues. And to do so, it will take him years. And you wont be there around to see the change. Cut the loses short and break up. You will help both of you by doing so.
>>
women are so shallow holy shit
>>
File: IMG_3026.jpg (57KB, 730x780px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3026.jpg
57KB, 730x780px
>>18721093
Because she likes an interesting person? Who is on top of his health and fitness and isn't a show off? Instead of someone whose only hobbies are jerking it when his roommate is out?
>>
>>18721116
Because that just shows what's of prime interest to women : social status.

The guy could be intelligent, funny, a master of something like music or arts, or deeply invested in science, and most women would think nothing of it unless the guy had a social circle and other women who desired him.

Well that's not surprising, but i can't help but find that disapointing. But after all, i'm shallow too.
>>
>>18721116
Why do women always consider traveling to be the be all end all epitome of "interesting"? Honestly curious.

Also, literally everyone can tell she only "likes" him because she wants free vacations, what with womens aforementioned obsession with traveling to different places.
>>
>>18721829
So they can casually fuck strange men without getting bad rep.
>>
File: 1367865288181.jpg (16KB, 200x204px) Image search: [Google]
1367865288181.jpg
16KB, 200x204px
>>18721116
>like
>interesting
>person
Ha. Hahaha.

No. She likes helicopters. She likes sailing. She likes skydiving. She likes surfing. She likes scuba diving. She likes beaches, and Tahiiti, and Fiji and the Maldives. She thinks those things are interesting.

She could not give less of a shit about him, the human being. That's how women's affection works. They don't like the man, they like all the stuff around him that she can benefit from in some way. She didn't care about him until she found out about all the superficial things around him and suddenly wanted to get some of those things for herself. And if something unfortunate were to happen to him, like he loses all his money and can no longer travel all over the world doing that shit, he'd go right back to being nothing in her eyes. No remorse, no hangups, no looking back. She'll cast him aside immediately for some other man who can give her more.
>>
>>18721116
I'm sorry to say this, but blowing up your activities on social media like this guy did is the most effective way to show off.
>>
>>18722858
This unfortunately.
If theyve got nothing in common it wouldnt work out.
It would seem like she's doing it for the novelty.

Tough gig OP
>>
File: bioshock-infinite-elizabeth.jpg (649KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
bioshock-infinite-elizabeth.jpg
649KB, 1920x1080px
>>18717296
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.