[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Edgy millennial problem

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: cigarette-smoking-snake.jpg (16KB, 468x333px) Image search: [Google]
cigarette-smoking-snake.jpg
16KB, 468x333px
I haven't found a proper advice for this garbage so here we go.
I am a young (22) anon who studies and does various other things in his day to day life. Nothing huge, nothing important, mostly very happy with my current way of life. However some time ago I've noticed an issue which I didn't really crossed my mind until recently.

I don't know what I want to do with my life.

In short - I don't know what kind of job I want, should I pursue the career here or there, should I get myself into relationships or avoid them, should I do things which would be, at worst, just a distractions etc. It's not like I want to become somebody big, it's that I just want to do SOMETHING which I won't shit myself over after a while. I've noticed that when I was just playing vidia and watching movies my mind kept bringing me down. But now, when I'm making music and shit, I'm ALSO bringing myself down seeing that I don't really like that. In all honestly, I'm starting to feel that I don't like anything and it makes me quite sad when I see other people doing things and not thinking about this crap like I do.

How to get rid of this shit?

>TL;DR
How to get rid of the idea that I don't know what I really want in my life?
>>
Have you performed your music for anyone, or recorded it at least? Do you get out much, have any sort of job to bring an income in?
>>
>>18715250
>Have you performed your music for anyone, or recorded it at least?
Yes and yes. Although it is much more electronic-based and more on the side of "experimental" (I do hate that word) so I've only managed to play 3 shows in two-three years I'm doing it. Music-making, in general, haven't provided me with any benefits outside of few months of "feels good" and some minuscule positive reactions from others.

>Do you get out much, have any sort of job to bring an income in?
I'm not much an outdoor kind of guy but I tend to take walks in the park almost daily. I've been working for a bit but now I'm back to my studies which preoccupy most of my day. Therefore I'm not really much able to work and make income atm.
>>
>>18715280
Got anyone to jam with? And what are you studying, what passions do you have besides music? Do the videogames and movies you fill your time actually mean anything to you?

If you had the opportunity to do anything you wanted career-wise no matter how unrealistic, what would it be?
>>
>>18715312
>Got anyone to jam with?
I had but mostly ppl older than me and I didn't find much connections with them. People at my age and surrounding me, on my studies for example, don't give a fuck about music in general.

>And what are you studying, what passions do you have besides music?
IT.
I did had quite a few passions when I was younger, mainly in the realm of arts (did some painting, drawings, photography, sculpture-esque, writing, been attempting few instruments in my life) but all have been for vain mostly because I didn't really cared for that as much as I am now towards music. I still ashamed that I wasn't really pushing myself when I was younger to get 110% at some of these.

>Do the videogames and movies you fill your time actually mean anything to you?
Not at this time. Vidia and movies started as something which I felt honest interest in but I wouldn't give a fuck anymore. Have shitton of pirated movies laying on my drive, constantly adding new ones in case "one day" I could get back there with some energy towards them.

>If you had the opportunity to do anything you wanted career-wise no matter how unrealistic, what would it be?
That's the problem - I don't really have any one primary career-wise dingy. I started IT because I was interested in that but about two-three years ago that interest withered and even though I'm okay at programming I do not find passion for it. Same with music - I was extremely into it and I wanted to be music producer, composer, acoustician, sound engineer - anybody to do with sound and/or music. But that idea ALSO seemed to be good only for a while - once I got into music I found out how shit I truly am at it and I see other people doing so much better. Felt like a complete waste.

So, to answer your question - my primary dream from like a few months ago was to study music and compose it.
>>
>>18715350
Have you thought about dropping everything and moving to another city? Pursuing philosophy and art more, just as a creative outlet and not a career path?
>>
>>18715480
>Have you thought about dropping everything and moving to another city? Pursuing philosophy and art more, just as a creative outlet and not a career path?
At this current moment such thought would be impossible to accomplish - I simply do not have money for such a move. Plus, I can't simply drop everything away mostly because I care about my parents and their well-being (how counter-productive that might actually be).

I was also thinking about making such interest not a career path, true, but I still seems to struggle with the same issue - things tend to captivate me only for a while. When they stop I'm just jumping on the other thing. That makes me less productive and less skilled at something which, logically, makes me do that thing poorly. And I hate making things poorly, you know? You seem to hate yourself more than enjoy while making them. And that just fuels the self-hate.

Basically my circle looks like this:
I get into something -> Read up on it; my interests grew -> Get into it -> It works for sometime -> Shit happens in my head and I start losing interest -> I'm starting to do worse and worse -> Self-hate -> Getting myself away from the thing -> Finding another one

It could work, I suppose, if I had that ONE thing, you know? But at this point it's all the waste because I can't never get proficient in one, two things in which I would find myself satisfied.
>>
Bump, please help
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.