[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Acting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: Screenshot_20170829-183615.png (1MB, 800x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170829-183615.png
1MB, 800x1280px
Hi /adv/

So I've got a weird, specific problem here, and I'm looking for some advice. Or just reassuring words. I don't know.

I'm an actor. I've been acting on stage and in film for many years. Every now and then a project comes along that requires me to have a romantic interest. (i.e. wife, girlfriend, etc...) I've often struggled with these.

I portray love very realistically. I wear my heart on my sleeve, and because of this I often end up catching feelings for my co-star. I understand that as an actor I should be able to turn these feelings on and off, but it's hard for me to fake these feelings.

It really tears me apart sometimes, because sometimes I have to portray a character that's madly in love. Things can get very intimate between my co-stars and I, but once we get off set/stage it's like we're just friends/acquaintances.

I guess what I'm looking for is a way to overcome this? Cause it's not fun "falling in love" with someone over and over again if it's fake.. If you're an actor how do you deal with this? If not I'll take any advice, or words of wisdom.

Thanks all.

Pic unrelated.
>>
Don't you have a girlfriend?
>>
>>18714753

Nope, single as fuck my friend. I've had plenty in the past however.
>>
>>18714755

No wonder you're having this problem.

What do you think sets apart a romantic POV of a character and real life romance?
>>
>>18714740
I don't think I believe in this OP, because one of the foundations of the American school of acting (call it Method or Stella Adler or any other variant) is sense memory, the technique (to oversimplify) of remembering when you felt an emotion and recreating it while keeping it totally under your control - feeling and pretending-to-feel at the same time.

OP has to have been trained in this, and while it is not unheard of for actors to get caught up in the feelings they're recreating (including romantic ones) no trained actor will do that every single time.
>>
1. You're not falling for your co-star, you're falling for the characters they portray.

2. It's ok to have crushes, just kind of let it run its course until you're back to normal.

You're probably feeling stupid for falling for someone that doesn't exist but if that's how your brain works you shouldn't fight it, it sounds perfectly natural.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.