[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Important interview coming up, already fucked it up

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_7406.jpg (283KB, 675x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7406.jpg
283KB, 675x960px
>2 1/2 years of factory experience
>want to be machinist, cnc, no money for school
>local position opens
>cnc lasers, $17 an hour, no experience or school needed

Here's my work history:

March 2015-Sept 2016. worked at a plastic factory. quit because I did a semester at school unrelated to manufacturing, this was before I knew what I wanted to do and was exploring my options. The company refused to pay me the week I put in my notice until I mentioned lawyers. They paid me, I snapped some pics of leaking machines, sent them to osha, and walked out. The next 6 months of jobs were very shaky odd jobs.

I was working for a few months in the spring as a surface grinder. I quit, because the guy who was training me kept telling me to do stuff that was causing explosions. I doubt many of you have seen a surface grinder accident before but it's fucking terrifying, picture a 35 lb vyse flying across the room at 100 miles per hour while a wheel made out of stone that's bigger than your head spinning at 3000-4000 rpm explodes. I walked out.

I delivered pizza for a few months. About 2 months ago I got a job doing slave labor for $13 an hour in a sheet metal shop. There is no future in this company and it's a terrible place.

So I doctor the shit out of my resume. I skip all the odd jobs on the resume and made it say that I have been consistently working at factories since march 2015. I also don't really have a good references from any of these places because I walked out for good reason. My current job I'm a hard worker at and my bosses like me but I think they'd give me a bad reference to keep me around because that's the type of place this is. Theoretically, I could provide a list of several business owners (restaurants) I worked for before factories that will put in a good word, along with some coworkers from current and previous factory jobs.

Really need this job. It'd make me money and I wouldn't have to do school. Hoping someone who works in HR is on here to help.
>>
File: IMG_7495.jpg (61KB, 480x710px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7495.jpg
61KB, 480x710px
Should mention I had a phone interview with them today and they want to meet Thursday, they said there's a few positions in lasers open but wouldn't mention how many candidates.
>>
File: IMG_7343.jpg (765KB, 1080x1349px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7343.jpg
765KB, 1080x1349px
Also, I'm on probation for damage to property misdemeanor. Will this affect?
>>
If they want to meet with you that's a good sign. Most HR departments only take a few seconds to look at each resume. Be cool and amicable.
>Also, I'm on probation for damage to property misdemeanor. Will this affect?
Maybe. Depends on the temperament of the employer. If you are asked about it then tell them the truth. If not then don't bring it up. Simple.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.