[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jobs for a Psych Major

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1504717342747.png (328KB, 505x571px) Image search: [Google]
1504717342747.png
328KB, 505x571px
I'm gonna be leaving college soon, and I decided to focus in psychology for my degree. I have great grades, but one thing my university hasn't been clear on is specific job prospects. What options will I have, and what will make the most money?

>Literally thousands of dollars in debt
>>
You got a psychology degree with absolutely no idea what you're going to do with it? If it's a only Bachelors, you might as well just have thrown away the piece of paper.
>>
>>18713800
I was and still am thinking about Grad School, preferably for my doctorate. I'm more asking about what specific job should I aim for since I'm still an undergrad.
>>
>>18713858
Anything and everything, a Bachelors in psychology is no better than an English degree.
>>
>>18713869
So either specializing and getting a post-grad, or just applying to a company is the best option?
>>
Psychfag here, most jobs actually tend to be in stuff like marketing, advertising, any businesses looking to do social research in order to nab customers and maximise their profits (the Burger King ads were a major example of this).

Anything that can help a business get a better insight to their consumer base and bank off of them.
>>
>>18713897
Really? I knew jobs like that existed, but are they common? How well do jobs like that pay, and how difficult is the hiring curve if you know?
>>
>>18713920
I don't know what the hiring curve is. But they tend to pay a little more than what the average salary is at said business.

There's actually quite a bit of value for people who can research and tell you how people will act and think. Just not in the fields themselves.
>>
>>18713929
Hm, okay. Stupid question probably, but would I be able to get a job like that with a Bachelor, or would I need post-grad?
>>
>>18713995
I've seen people get hired right after their bachelors and ended up making more than those who waited until their masters or PhD before getting a job.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.