[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I balance caring and not caring. Jesus Christ, whenever

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: Care.jpg (66KB, 848x477px) Image search: [Google]
Care.jpg
66KB, 848x477px
How do I balance caring and not caring.

Jesus Christ, whenever I care about something I'm considered "toxic" or "taking things too seriously" it pisses me off when people tell me to calm down in those situations when that's the opposite of what needs to happen.

However, when I DON'T care, I'm considered a fucking jerk. A Douche who needs to die because the situation needs someone that takes it seriously than I do.

How do people manage to choose the right one at the right time?
>>
>>18713766

give me one example of each, one where you cared too much and people told you to calm down, and one where you cared too little and people though you were a jerk.
>>
>>18713791
Went to go workout to cool off.

Caring too much:
Last week, we had a simple project to start off the semester(I'm undergrad). A group project, team had to work together to get a marshmallow as high as they can with Spaghetti sticks and what not. I was "Toxic", while everyone had a "good time". Excuse me for trying to beat the other groups to receive extra 10 points on the exam.

Not caring at all:
I remember a time where there was a huge gust of wind, the Air was FILLED with dirt and we had to stay indoors. I made jokes, I was relaxed, doesn't matter, I feel safe inside the doors and it's just wind + dirt. Nothing collapsed or damaged to the building. Some dude and a group of his friends come up to me, "Grow the fuck up!".

There's others, but I'm just giving a quick example hoping it's not too late to reply
>>
>>18714053

> I was "Toxic", while everyone had a "good time". Excuse me for trying to beat the other groups to receive extra 10 points on the exam.

see, you didnt actually answer my question. you gave a scenario then said 'I CARED TOO MUCH' but didnt explain HOW you cared too much. what did you say or do that made other people say you cared to omuch.

that being said, your answer is a little telling. when you said

> Excuse me for trying to beat the other groups to receive extra 10 points on the exam

it sounds like you care too much about 10 points to the point where you're going to act rude and uppity. if caring about something makes you act rude and uppity, its generally too much.

>the storm story

what jokes did you make?
>>
>>18714064
All I said was, "That method only works with 2 sticks on each leg, if you go any more it will become unstable and the whole thing will collapse. We need to keep the tower at the highest WE can go, we don't even know if the other people's tower will hold. What if they let go of the tower, it collapses immediately? Our tower will, by default, be the highest tower. Let's leave it as it is with 2 sticks on each leg." They then proceeded to try and add another stick to the legs for the next 4 minutes out of the 5 that we had left. It infuriated me because I KNOW it won't work, and it DIDN'T, so I kept repeating myself while getting quieter and quieter each moment as to not get annoying. Last minute arrived and they finally realized I was right, and removed the additional leg they added.

The joke that I made included some kid that died like 14 years now? He died crossing the road when an 18 wheeler crossed without seeing him. The lights turned off for 5 minutes and I said, "OH NO, it's ANON coming from the dead!"
>>
>>18714087

something tells me you're not telling us the whole truth if this is your best example of each.

but yeah, on that second one making a joke about a dead local to the open public is pretty fucking rude bro,.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.