[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is it like to date someone who is autistic? A few weeks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

File: 936full-courtney-love.jpg (864KB, 936x1377px) Image search: [Google]
936full-courtney-love.jpg
864KB, 936x1377px
What is it like to date someone who is autistic?

A few weeks ago this hot girl got hired at the store I work at. She seemed fine at first but as time went on I noticed that she was kind of weird, later she told me she was autistic. I still talked to her and it seems that she likes me a lot more than I like her. For the last few days she has heavily hinted at me that she wants to go on a date but iv'e been putting it off because i'm not sure if I want to get involved with her.

What should i do /b/?
>>
>>18713685
what about her is weird?
>>
>/b/

Where do you think you are?
>>
File: snuggles.jpg (77KB, 1080x1053px) Image search: [Google]
snuggles.jpg
77KB, 1080x1053px
>>18713685
I'm an autistic male who as high functioning enough and attractive enough to date NT females OP. Here is the best advice I can give you from my perspective.

She is going to fall for you fast if you go on dates. Don't let this scare you, us aspies aren't usually used to the affection so we fall quick but are very devoted for the most part (there is always the exception of course)

She might hurt your feelings by accident. If this happens, clearly tell her what happened and ask her if she gets how you feel. My girlfriend has to do this sometimes because at first I just don't get what I did wrong.

Communicate with her about everything and don't just assume she knows how things are supposed to go. Aspie people are usually very nervous about relationships because unless you flat out tell us, we have no idea what you are thinking or how you feel.

If you aren't interested in some of her hobbies and activities, try to become so. an Aspie really connects with someone who shows interest in their special interests.

Best of luck OP if you decide to go down that road. It has its challenges but high functioning autistic people can be great partners if you are patient with them and open.
>>
Eh, here's the mistakes I made in my current relationship.

Don't change up plans at the last minute or it'll freak her out.

If she says something hurts her (some particular sound or sensation), take her seriously even if you think it's weird or comical. She means it. My partner can't handle styrofoam sound or texture. That's a pretty common one, actually.

She may need a lot of stuff clarified because she can't as easily guess what you were thinking about when you make a joke or a reference whatever.

Don't tell white lies. It's better to tell the person up front that you don't like something or aren't interested, or at least say you don't want to talk about it, than pretend out of politeness. She'll probably see that as confusing and deceitful.

Don't make her feel bad for being accidentally rude. Just tell her you'd prefer she said or did it in some other particular way and she'll appreciate not having to guess.

Ask her about her special interest. If you actually want to hear.

My partner's fucking great actually, the only person who can handle me being BPD. This is the closest I've ever gotten to actual trust with someone I've dated as an adult.

https://www.youtube.com/user/neurowonderful
^this girl does a lot of good autism-for-allistics videos that may be of help to you.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.