[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Not feeling like a man

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_2617.jpg (68KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2617.jpg
68KB, 512x512px
I'm 26 years old and don't feel like I'm a man. I feel like a boy.

It's not a mental aspect. I got my first job at 15 and have been constantly employed since. I was in the military and went overseas, and been responsible for people's lives and millions of dollars of assets. Even now I have a job that requires large amounts of responsibility and professionalism. That I have. I have always had masculine jobs and I always perform well.

It's just, I physically don't feel like a man. I look like a 18 year old boy. I've been going to the gym the past 5 months. I physically felt like I was making improvements. Boosted my confidence a lot, and this past summer I felt comfortable enough to wear shorts. Well. I got on the scale yesterday and realized I didn't improve at all, infact, I fucking LOST weight.. that's the opposite what I wanted to do. I feel crushed. I hate being a boy. I wish I could just look my age and actually BE a man.
>>
You replaced fat with muscle, you're probably way more lean now, good for you.

Continue going to the gym and your muscles will grow.
>>
>>18713677

This is bad tho. I was already skinny from the start..

I was 145lbs when I started working out. I can see that I've been getting stronger, I feel stronger and overall healthier. After a few months I decided to weight myself, I really thought I was going to be pleasantly surprised and see 150+ after the past 5 months of working out and feeling good... I weighed myself yesterday and know what I saw? FUCKING 136lbs. I feel like I took a massive step backwards. I feel fucking embarsssed.
>>
File: snuggles.jpg (77KB, 1080x1053px) Image search: [Google]
snuggles.jpg
77KB, 1080x1053px
>>18713664
I felt like you OP, I was always super skinny, and looked super young. Then in my late 20s and early 30s I got fat because of a desk job and lack of exercise. So if you haven't hit your 30s yet, you will start to look and feel older during those years, trust me.

Keep working out OP. I decided to get in shape this year starting at the very first of January and lost over 45 pounds. I recently saw myself in a picture that my GF took of our dog and I was like holy cow! My legs and calfs are huge and so defined in the picture. That's when I felt more like an adult and felt like I looked like one.

Basically, what I am getting at is take a picture once a month, and look at the really old ones compared to the new ones if you really are working out hard. You will start to see major improvements after a while. Best of luck man, I know the pain of looking 18 and under as a male in your late 20s.
>>
>>18713682

You need to sustain that effort with good quantities of high quality food.

Just keep at it, 5 months is nothing.

I was 185, went down to 142 from weight loss, now I can't go below 150 even if I tried.
>>
>>18713687

But I literally look like a boy. My entire body frame and all. I'm 26, and all of my friends are 26. They all look their age. I don't.
>>
>>18713692
>You need to sustain that effort with good quantities of high quality food.

That's hard for me to do.

But even still, I have a small frame. So for me to get bigger, I'd have to put on a shit load of muscle mass which isn't going to happen.
>>
>receding hairline, belly, tanned like a dried animal

yeah, growing old is fucking great.

enjoy it while you still can, you'll have more than half your life to feel like an old piece of shit
>>
>>18713701

Looking like I'm 18 benefits me in no way.

Infact I wish I looked much older than I am. I get along with old timers better than people my own age
>>
>>18713698
Bruh I'm skinny but gaining steadily.

4-5 meals a day, 40-50 grams of protein

I eat chicken and rice. Beans are good. Eggs are good, as much fruit and Vegas I can. Don't say you can't gain until you try that.
>>
>>18713921
Fruit and *veg

Also I exclusively drink water, sometimes oj with breakfast after I work out. Works well
>>
>>18713921
>>18713927

I'm not a body builder tho. Nor do I have the time to be able to eat that much
>>
I'm a skeleton, dude.

but I walk with a confident stride.
asserting the dominance.

My long and lenky arms can beat anyone at arm wrestling, or at least give them a damn good fight. And they wrap around a girl like a tender loving pair of snakes.

I have some acne, sure, but I use my wash and wipes and keep it down. And it's never stopped me from doing incredible things.

I have no legs, or if I do, they are so thin and chicken like that I have to wear slim fit jeans in order to make it look like I'm wearing regular jeans, doesn't stop me from taking them off when in bed with a 10. Also, not wearing shorts isn't a bad thing, it just means you know what looks best on you.

It's all about confidence.

Be a cocky arrogant asshole that acts like he's always in control, and you will always be in control.
>>
>>18713664
Eat more, idiot. Also, you have no fucking clue how green the grass on your side is, it is infinitely worse on the "look older" side.
>>
>>18713664
ooh dude. i had the same thing happen to me.

I was also in the army. thought it would fill me out. make me manly. it didn't. Then suddenly around 26 years old a second puberty hit me like a truck and suddenly all the muscle growth i want and beard i am tired of shaving came at me like a tidal wave.

basically i went from skeletor to looking like 'a man' in like a year.

Chances are it will happen to you. Actually i see this happen to a few people
>>
>>18713972

I just fucking hate my body.

>>18714013

I'm just miserable in my body Tbh
>>
>>18714034

I really hope you're right. I want that.

did you do anything different?
>>
>>18714034

Well I already grow facial hair quickly.
>>
>>18713944
Then to me it sounds like you need to adjust your attitude. You don't have to be a body builder to want to get bigger!
>>
>>18714041
no actually. i left the army at 23. started eating less and being less active. i did boxing in university but that was a hell of a lot less intense than PT for the infantry. So i should have lost wieght by common logic.

You'll be fine lad. You rarely see any skeletor types in their late 20s or 30s.

Any even if you did have the body you want, you'll still be the guy with a 7 inch dick who thinks his life would be miraculously changed if he only had an 8 inch penis. Maybe a bad parallell to draw but you get the idea. hardly anyone is 100% happy with their body
>>
>>18714110

I literally don't have the time for 4-5 meals a day.

>>18714128

I really hope you're right
>>
File: 1504062459986.gif (469KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1504062459986.gif
469KB, 500x281px
>>18713682
We are kind of in the same boat.

>6 foot
>127lbs

For the life of me I could never put on weight. I would give anything to be 140lb like you are. I'm starting to work out as well and i've definitely become leaner with muscles but stayed at 127lbs. Im hoping the weight will start coming on or I think i'm just gonna start eating peanut butter all day.
>>
>>18714163

I'm 5ft 10, 136lbs now. As I said, I lost weight from working out. Shit pisses me off so much.

You have no idea how fucking loud i yelled when I saw 136 on the scale. I was fully expecting to see 150-154 because I physically feel stronger, so I figured I put on a few pounds. I was so mad when I saw I dropped. Literally fucked my whole day up
>>
File: hug.jpg (38KB, 406x615px) Image search: [Google]
hug.jpg
38KB, 406x615px
>>18714186
Keep working out, eat a lot.

We will get there.
>>
File: Alexis-Ren-Nude.jpg (70KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Alexis-Ren-Nude.jpg
70KB, 1080x1080px
yo if you want to gain weight and be a man, eat more, bitch less, that simple
>>
>>18713664
Be happy that you're skinny. You could be on the other side and count calories and exercise to lose weight, not do that, and still look like you're in middle school in your early 20's.

>tl:dr the grass is always greener on the otherside
>>
>>18713664
You already are a man OP, your concern over your physical body is really nothing to worry about at your age. I know a guy that feels like a worthless piece of crap because at your age he has no job never finished school and became depressed because he wasnt good enough. You've done a lot for your age already, be proud of yourself.
>>
>>18714140
>what are protein shakes
A scoop (~25g) has about 100 cals and 25g of protein. If you want to build muscle just eat whatever you're currently eating and add 2-3 shakes per day.
Don't take it the wrong way, but stop making excuses.
>>
>>18714252

I really don't feel like one.

>>18714784

Years ago I tried the protein shake thing. But all it did was make me feel bloated all day long. Plus it kept me full so it was harder to eat more food
>>
>>18713664
Go to /lit/ and read the sticky.
>>
>>18715031

>/lit/

Why there?
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.