[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Problems thread. Why are you sad, /adv/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 7

File: Nietzsche1.gif (56KB, 475x358px) Image search: [Google]
Nietzsche1.gif
56KB, 475x358px
Problems thread.

Why are you sad, /adv/?
>>
Dog of 15 years was put down today
>>
i don't have a good friend
>>
I have few relationships and spend too much time alone, don't particularly like my job, not enough motivation to pursue hobbies, never been successful with women, am 25 and feel like I'm wasting my 20s. Worst of all I don't have the discipline or presence of mind to work on solving these problems.
Most of the time I just feel overwhelmed and confused by adult life. I wish everything wasn't so hard.
>>
I've been single for 3 years and can't figure out how to approach anyone. I tried online dating and only got matched with bots after months of trying. I can't tell my closest friend my problems because there is no solution to them that I want to try anymore. Slowly I've devolved into a mess of being depressed, alone, sucking at my job, not having any interesting hobbies or social skills and using escapism (read: drugs) to deal with my problems. I don't want to socialize and I no longer want to pursue a relationship because all I want to focus on is paying off my debts and offing myself.
I guess since I'm here, how do you guys pass the time?
>>
my ldr girlfriend broke up with me 1 month before she obtained her citizenship in my country and will be here in November

I just wanted to hug her once
>>
My closest friend doesn't seem to like texting me. She'll often take hours to even read my texts despite opening the app numerous times beforehand. We talk very often IRL and have gotten much closer over the summer so it just perplexes me more. Am I doing something wrong?
>>
I have no real friends, can't find any work, family tells me I'm a lazy freeloader because of no work, also want to kick me out, I'm unmotivated as hell, I'm fat, and I have no real getaway from it all.
>>
Things didnt work out with the First girl I liked enough to ask out on a date :(
>>
>>18713805

Hey man I've been there and it sucks, but I can also tell you it'll get better. You'll find someone that makes you happy. Don't think you weren't good enough for her, but perhaps it's just a stop on the path to finding that special someone? :)
>>
File: Screenshot (89).png (3MB, 2160x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (89).png
3MB, 2160x1440px
Mostly because my best friends are drifting away, I have nobody, and I'm watching all my friends be happy after highschool while I have to wait 4 months to start an 8-month (christ) film course, which is the only thing that I can find solace in.

Feeling a little lost with my life and who I want to be, who I could be. Wondering if I'm ever going to meet someone I like a lot that likes me back, someone that I can be intimate with.

Wondering if I'm gay, bisexual, or just contemplating alternatives because of my lack of success with women. Or if I'm suppressing my own sexuality.
>>
>>18713812
Thanks man hopefully things will get better
>>
>>18713605
What worked for your last relationship? How did you two meet? Maybe you can try something similar
>>
>>18713540
it makes me sad and frustrated people dont see how easy it is to control there thoughts and emotions.
>>
File: 1478720932477.png (532KB, 900x484px) Image search: [Google]
1478720932477.png
532KB, 900x484px
>>18713540
Today, I finally got confirmation I am very much an outsider as far as personal relationships go and how I prefer to engage in them. Long story short, I organized a small get-together between college friends, and towards the end I ended up being dragged to do things I really didn't feel like doing. I'm already pretty introverted, so getting together with people to go out is a bit outside my comfort zone, but I still choose to do it in the interest of not having my relationships with others go cold. But people suddenly suggesting (and nearly everyone agreeing) that we go for a ride to visit someone who I don't even get along with and who lives an hour away to hang out at their house unexpectedly is definitely stretching my limit of how much I want to go out of said comfort zone. Of course, I have to pretend not to care so as to not be the buzzkill of the group.

I am looking for a close friendship with someone. But the culture I am in has this weird homophobic look towards two guys wanting to hang out on their own. Everyone always wants to be in a group, and keep any attempt at close bonding as far away as possible.

I'd be fine with doing things way out of my comfort zone if I had a really close friend with me there to know I can always fall back on them. Sadly, I have not met a person I feel I can develop that with, and so far, there's no indication I'm going to get that in the future either. So I'm at a loss.
>>
File: 1488151628668.png (127KB, 601x508px) Image search: [Google]
1488151628668.png
127KB, 601x508px
I want to make advances in the field of cancer but I am lazy fuck
>>
>>18713540
>My cat got run over and my roommate didn't tell me about it for a week (I was working 12 hour shifts and didn't notice, I was still putting out food for him the entire time)
>I got fired for sexual harassment (I made a "that's what she said" joke and backed off when it wasn't well received)
>My grandfather (who I was very close with) died the day I was going to travel to see him.
>The water pump pulley sheared off my car while I was staying with my parents, I had to nearly take the entire engine bay apart to swap the water pump
>It's been 110-115 (about 45C for you yuros), I've been working on it in the street in front of my parents house, and I got sick the same day it broke so I've only been able to drink small sips of hot water
>I finally got my engine back together but the head is fucked from overheating, so I had to take everything apart again
>I came down to help out my parents but now I'm stuck in their house leeching off them with no car, no money, and no willpower
>I was planning to come out soon, but obviously it will go as poorly as everything else
>I kind of want to do it anyway and make sure I ruin my life in the process to push myself into suicide
Inb4 do it faggot.
>>
>>18714077
It's not though. The core of human experience is we are afraid of dying. Some people deal with this by attempting to live the respectfully and some deal by desperately chasing all they can.
>>
>>18714187
Live respectably*
>>
>>18714176
wow dude. I'm sorry. you in AZ?
>>
>>18714187
>The core of human experience is we are afraid of dying

you base this of of what exactly?
you can go past basic human instinct that is what our abstract thinking consciousness lets us do. This tool called our brain can do so much more and lets us create our own realities in the way we see fit most people just ride the waves. But you can learn to control it.
>>
>>18713540
have a crush on this girl and dont even know how to talk to her
>>
>>18713540
I wanna move out but I don't have the balls to burn bridges with my parents
>>
>>18713540
Wondering if I've just forgotten how to date/make friends with people, or if I'm just genuinely unlikable.
>>
cause my ex beat me and I basically lost my mind and slightly relatedly I'm fucking disabled now
>>
>>18713540
I keep making bad decisions, as a result I have nothing and have accomplished nothing I wish I had at my age.
>>
because he will never like me back
>>
>>18714245
Same here anon.
>>
>>18714197
Actually you can't go past your base human instinct because you don't know how deep the subconscious goes, you've already made decisions to things you haven't even thought of yet. Human choice as described as free will is an illusion. At the core of all instinct is avoiding death and propagating your genetic material. Humans have the unfortunate situation of having enough precognition to understand death is inevitable, which is why we all at some point ask what is the point even. To combat this feeling of pointlessness we created meaning, finding purpose in life taking actions to create desired abstract outcomes.

The best example of this is love, a made up abstract that conveniently conquers the pointlessness of both living and procreating. This is the real reason why we all feel so worthless without love, and at the same time unfulfilled by it once we have it. Notice how people, especially younger people, will defend love like nothing else saying it's magical and like it's something you just feel you can't explain it, and then turn around and talk about the love drug or something.

Another great staple in our collective effort to create sanity is god, afterlives, etc.

Sadly because of this deep fear of death most of us our never going to reach our actual human potential.
>>
My life is a just a huge mess right now. I am waiting to go to a school citys away from all my friends. Have been single for the last past five years, girls don't seem interested in me, always being called fat, even by my friends. My family seems like they are just sick me being around. and all around no one seems like they even care about me.
>>
Nothing is fun. I've tried everything I can think of but nothing I do is rewarding.
>>
I hate most of my coworkers for being stupid and following rumors with little to no merit.
I got myself into a best friendship with a woman who I initially wanted to fuck but as I got to know her I ended up respected too much to do that (unless she is down for a FWB, NSA friendship that I've had before. It was something, that's for sure).
I also have a girlfriend who is an absolute sweetheart that I already cheated on.
I get death anxiety every so often.
I'm doing my best to be better at being rational but not stoic af.
>>
I am a lazy person and I hate that. I have spent years trying to fight it. It gets worse the older I get. I try to work hard. I try to work for my lifelong dreams. I read self-help, I google everything. I come to these threads. I just "get up and do it". I've tried exercising. I've tried meditating. I've tried to look at it every way they tell you to look at it. I create new exercises or situations to help motivate me. They always fail. They always disappear. I eat like shit, usually only once or twice a day and I smoke like a chimney.

And I'm just getting older and further away from my goals and closer to what I'm certain will be a lonely and uneventful death. My second death, that moment someone speaks your name for the very last time, will not be far behind.
>>
In the age where sex is so easy to get, I am 27, turning 28 in a few months and only had vaginal sexual experiences with 4 people. Somehow makes me feel like less of a version of me that I was longing for.
>>
my childhood rapist has come back into my life and everyone who knows her thinks she's great, and i can't tell anyone why she's awful
>>
I'm in a dark, cold well. I look up and there's no light. A concrete barrier hiding the sun. No matter how hard I try and climb my way up and reach the top, I'm too weak to lift the barrier and fall down back to rock bottom.

I remember when things were easier. I remember being happy. Not the fake kind that I use on a day to day basis. People care about me but I don't know why. I have nothing to offer this world. All this depression and anxiety seems to linger over my shoulder reminding me that I'm worthless. The meds don't work. I wrote a suicide note and my parents were angry. I over analyze everything. To the point where I realize I'm just wasting my time before I eventually leave this lifetime.

Here comes the bonus. My family and I are immigrating to another country half way across the planet. I've lived here my whole life. If I'm the way I am here, what will happen to me when I leave all my beloved friends and the only other person that makes life worth living?
>>
I'm so fucking lonely but I'm afraid to show people who I really am and I feel like a dead person walking around. I feel like I won't be happy and on "equal" terms with my peers until I pass a certain milestone in life and it's killing me. I don't even want to talk to people anymore.
>>
My girlfriend of 13 months broke up with me on sunday. Worst of all she did it via whatsapp. She fell out of love with me what seems to be about a month ago..but hung on to see if her feelings had changed but unfortunately, they didn't.

Since this situation started (over a week ago) i've been told i have depression and anxiety, i've been given a sick note for 2 weeks. She's yet to know what actual affect this has had on me.

I feel unappreciated. She was a single mother with 2 daughters. I shifted my whole life fof her. Treated the kids like they were my own. Made promises, made plans for the future. I did so much for her, helped her financially, gave her love and affection to make up what she never had in her 13 year relationship with the kids father. I helped her do the things she never had the chance to do and we did a lot of things for the first time together..

Of course nobody has to be in love with you even if you do a lot for them. But it hurts me so much that i will never get the appreciation i deserve. I'll never get to see the kids grow up and i'll never be able to get her to a point in life where i can be the one to make her truly happy.

Being single again fucking sucks.
>>
I'm a virgin and a neet, but those things don't really bother me much. I have no friends which does bother me a lot but I have no will or drive to seek people out.
>>
File: edward.gif (2MB, 500x208px) Image search: [Google]
edward.gif
2MB, 500x208px
>Spend summer with girl of my dreams
>Fall in love with her
>Summer ends, go back to our lives
>She barely keeps in contact with me and is with someone else

Awkward teenage blues
>>
>>18714229
Same here man kinda sucks because shes also antisocial so neither of us are making moves but im pretty sure she either knows i like her or also likes me
>>
26 and no gf because I'm ugly as hell. I tried working out and eating better for years still look like shit n
>>
I keep having flings with girls that last 3 months, 3 weeks, 3 days... why can a girl love me for a solid 9 months or something?
>>
File: IMG_2629.jpg (68KB, 750x425px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2629.jpg
68KB, 750x425px
>Meet girl
>start hanging out
> lots of flirting and sexual stuff
> spend about 4-5 months having the best times of my life
>start to have feelings
> just before the next semester starts, "tells me can we just be friends?"
> mfw when 3 weeks in and she's been hanging out with other guys
>it hurts

Also don't have to tell me, already know it's my fault for getting attached. Just wanted to share
>>
Recurring crippling sadness that comes up every night, as if there is a need to satiate it with chest pain and tears in order to cull said feeling
Realizing I ultimately have no one I can trust, and no one to open up to, and instinctively try to avoid or foil any attempt to do so due to realizing its futility
A tiredness that I can't seem to shake off, that comes to haunt me at times where it hurts the most
Being so burnt out I lose the capacity to do anything but stay idle
>>
File: Ci-s2haUUAAwYZB.jpg (58KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Ci-s2haUUAAwYZB.jpg
58KB, 600x900px
>>18714135
Something like this, also no cute GF
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.