[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I quit a job for a short term disability?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

I haven't been on here for a while but I remember it being a pretty decent place to ask for help.

I was recently diagnosed with a disability that gives me constant pain, nausea, shakiness, poor motor function, the whole nine yards. Imagine waking up every day with a hangover, that's essentially what it is. It's genetic, it's a known (but rare) condition, and I've been working very closely with a doctor who believes he has a treatment for me, should be good to go in about six months, after they take a bunch of precautions as there are some undesirable side effects. If I don't get the treatment, the general consensus is that my symptoms will get worse and worse until I die around age 45-55 (fortunately when you get the treatment your lifespan is normal).

I want to quit my job and experience life. I haven't had a vacation ever, I haven't seen my family since my graduation day from college (I'm 30 now). My girlfriend has been talking to me about wanting to do some kind of road trip, playing music on the street, being wild and carefree, and I know it'd be really irrational but at the same time I just want to be fun and carefree like I was when I was in school a decade ago, before I had this crazy health problem.

I feel like if I just put in my two weeks my boss would kill me, as I'm one of the anchors for the team. He gets real pissed when people quit, punching walls and throwing our equipment around and stuff. I like him as a person I don't want him to think I'm a coward, you get the idea.

In your opinion, what should I do? How do I quit? What kinds of plans should I have in place?
>>
By not wanting to talk to your boss about this you ARE being a coward

just man up and do it
>>
>>18713327
Even if the only thing I have lined up is a trip across the country with my girlfriend? I mean, we have skills, but I'm not sure if we're living in an age where they matter.

I'm the best dishwasher I've ever met and I kick ass at landscaping, mowing, and taking care of trees, and my girlfriend is a classically trained musician, but neither of us can write computer code or do anything modern. I get logic and she gets math but neither of us get the other.
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.