[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dating Sites

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 11

File: The-Lovers-2.jpg (124KB, 900x676px) Image search: [Google]
The-Lovers-2.jpg
124KB, 900x676px
Anyone ever have any luck with sites like Plenty Of Fish or OkCupid?

I'm new to POF and gotta say its pretty brutal in every way yet I still keep trying.

Its hard because you have to look at your profile page as if you were someone else and scrutinize every detail because you know you'd do the same if someone messaged you. I absolutely cannot stand taking photos of myself either.
>>
File: p_Missing_Heart.png (219KB, 318x230px) Image search: [Google]
p_Missing_Heart.png
219KB, 318x230px
Guess I'll lay out my own story with dating sites.

So I have a pretty good professional job, I'm financially stable, fairly involved with colleagues and the community, go out usually 2 or 3 nights a week, etc.

I just wasn't finding anyone. I met a lot of women in my circles and professional field but single women are exceptionally rare there. I figured I had nothing left to lose at this point so I signed up for OkCupid, Match, and eHarmony.

In the six months I used it, I had 1 actual date and two girls stand me up. That's it. I rarely had contact with women go beyond a few days even if it seemed things were going well. I mixed up my profile and went through everything from playing mysterious and funny to laying it all out there. I just couldn't find a winning combination.

I've been single for two years now. I know I'm not the most attractive, I'm eccentric, and I have my issues. I guess the point is that if you are able to power past that and put up the best persona you can, you'll probably have the best results.

I didn't mean that to be a rant. Personally, I'm just not sure exactly how to go about it but more power to you if you figure it out.
>>
You can try using an online service that helps you out with editing/polishing/crafting your profile in a way that keeps your individuality but helps attract more possible dates and makes your page more interesting.
>>
>>18713269

I met my last girlfriend on OkCupid.

But I also get a pretty good amount of attention on the site and I always write something of substance. I don't treat the site like it's my only method of meeting girls, just another way.
>>
>>18713628
And what are those "other ways" if you dont mind me asking?
>>
datings sites are bullshit. If you manage to get a woman out of it then it was really due to circumstances out of your control.

There were a lot of psychos, future cat ladies, and plenty of beggars trying to be choosers. I did get some results (i.e. phone numbers) but they never really panned out (the girl went nuts and drove me away)

The funniest thing is every time I get frustrated with online dating I would turn it off and go out somewhere and hit it off with a girl I just met. Get rejected by a 4/10 on a dating site, meet a 7/10 in real life and hit it off with her. Funny how that works.
>>
>>18713269
I have 2 friends who found amazing partners on Plenty of Fish. It's crazy good how compatible the two separate pairs are with each other. The site recommends people based on yours and their profiles/questions - go off of those, not the ones you think have cute/sexy pics.
>>
>>18714084
But where and how did you meet the 7?
>>
>>18714084
This is just not true, the algorithms this sites use are damn impressive and very good at pairing people as best as the info you provide can do.
>>
>>18714084
>Get rejected by a 4/10 on a dating site, meet a 7/10 in real life and hit it off with her. Funny how that works.
So much this. I get interest from women that are quite attractive in real life fairly consistently. On dating websites though I get near 0 interest. To be fair my photo's aren't that great though. That said, when it comes to wanting a partner, the unrealistic fantasy of what women expect seems to magnify tenfold online probably due to their near unlimited options.

>>18714446
>algorithms
Lol
>>
>>18714084
>If you manage to get a woman out of it then it was really due to circumstances out of your control.

Pretty much this. I recommend praying.
>>
>>18713269
OP, you seem like the kind of guy I'd like to date.
I don't have much advice, but your posts make me smile.

Good luck.
>>
>>18714469
Desperate.
>>
On plenty of fish a tranny male to female snuck by my filter in 2008 and reamed my ass and made me suck their dick after drugging me up.

in 2015 some female convinced me to wire 39k to the Filipino island.
>this caused my mother to have a heart attack and die

in 2017 I divorced my wife that I was cheating on with this money wire scheme for 27k so I could vote for donald trump.

That was on xxxconnect.com for that wire fraud. That was some liberal stacy from highschool I dumped.

>I AM NEVER DATING ONLINE AGAIN
>>
I had a date on otakubooty.com
>>
Pof, match, okcupid are all bullshit. Filled with shallow people who never respond.

I'd honestly say tinder is a better choice. I managed to get a gf out of it. We were together for 13 months nut unfortunately we broke up sunday....sad fucking times. But i met lots of people on tinder and i'd say it's a better choice
>>
File: thanks mindy.png (876KB, 827x741px) Image search: [Google]
thanks mindy.png
876KB, 827x741px
>>18713269

I've gotten about 4 dates(Tommorow will be my 5th) and about 8 numbers over the span of 2 years from Plenty of Fish. They all only happened because I messaged FIRST and regurgitated the same conversation over and over again which sort of tests if the girl which reflects my bio that basically says that I am on there to find a woman who is enthusiastic to meet up,hang out and have fun.

What i've learned with my approach is:

1. Do not use Meet Me. It doesn't let you widely go through the options you may or may not be interested in and more often than not you'll be the first one to swipe right.

2. Use the Will Respond and Nearby for girls who actually have a chance of batting an eyelash that you sent them a message.

3. If she doesn't respond to one of your messages,within about a 24 hour period, forget her and do NOT bully or send another message. It is not worth your time to mess with a girl who can't spare you some time.

4. Keep the conversation flowing by asking questions she can respond to. And keep the questions SIMPLE(Like: What color are your walls?)

5. It's a GOOD sign if she reflects your questions back at you or even just asks you to elaborate. Feel free to advantage of that and both abuse and test both her curiosity and interest at the same time. Or in laymans terms,if she ever asks you something you can transform it into an excuse to naturally ask her number.

6. If you get a girls number,text her first then establish that you're gonna call her so you get some live banter in with her just a tiny bit before you make date plans. You'll get a taste of how she handles off of this.

7. Most chicks on there smoke weed and do/have done drugs and personally speaking ALL the girls I have managed to get a date with(Save for potentially the one i'm gonna go out with soon) told me they were into it or currently into it. So be aware that's usually the kind of girl you're trying to get the attention of on POF.

8. There are A LOT of single moms on POF
>>
>>18714638
>make date plans.
Also I should clarify that you should make your date plans DURING that phone call. And that when making your date always remember to mentally check off on asking for
DAY
TIME
PLACE

If they can't give you straight answers on any of those("I'll tell you later" "Tommorow") then either flat ask for her to give it now then tell her to forget it if she can't. Trust me: when you take anything but direct answers to those questions you either have a shitty date or no date at all. More often than not: No date. Hell one of the four dates I had, I actually let get away with not giving me a straight answer and we wound up just sitting in her backyard featuring some black guy she claimed was her cousin. Shit was so weird and his story for being there was so full of shit I couldn't get into the mood to make any moves.

Additionally, with how POF women have conditioned me, i'd say you should try going an extra step and ask where you'll pick them up. Which is gonna be their house but you're gonna word it as "a place to pick them up." Get an address for it too so you don't get lost.
My original intent for this was because the girls I got dates with couldn't drive but after hearing "I didn't think you were serious!" from the mouths of all my dates after I showed up on their doorstep,lead me to believe you shouldn't be trusting POF girls to keep their plans for first dates. So you need some insurance.
>>
File: 1479943180937.jpg (31KB, 605x809px) Image search: [Google]
1479943180937.jpg
31KB, 605x809px
>>18714633
only reason I don't use tinder is because I don't have a Facebook and don't want one and I understand you need to log in using FB. Otherwise I would.

>>18714638
The "will respond" section is absolutely bottom tier garbage ghetto material in my area.

I've been silently rejected 15 times now on Plenty of Fish, where they just don't answer...which is preferable to getting individual "NO" msgs from each prospect...

EVERY GIRL HAS A PICTURE OF THEM WITH EMOJI ANIMAL PARTS ON THEIR FACES OBSCURING THEIR NATURAL APPEARANCE. THIS MUST BE STOPPED.
>>
>>18714084
>Get rejected by a 4/10 on a dating site, meet a 7/10 in real life and hit it off with her. Funny how that works.

This. Girls are just way more pickier online than in person
>>
Dating sites and apps are generally shit.

Men outnumber the women by 10:1. Girls have a shitload more options. They're constantly being hounded by every single guy that sees them.

Want a laugh? Find a picture of what you would deem as an "average" looking girl. Decent face, no exaggerated body features, dresses modestly. You can usually find them on r/rate me subreddits and what have you. Create a profile with the most minamal effort "just ask xD" for all your answers, and upload a few pictures.

You will be SWARMED with messages from a shit ton of guys within minutes. It really sets it in perspective how pointless it is to even bother with dating sites.
>>
>Tried OKC When I first started working
>message, rarely get reply, get their number, they ghost when I want to meet, repeat forever
>focus on myself
>get in better shape, dress better, get better job, buy my own place
>try OKC again with much more life experience
>exact same thing

I'm like 1/50 replies which ultimately do the same thing as above. You either have to be Chris Hemsworth or girls are just there for constant attention and ego boost.

If you can get girls IRL it will help boost your numbers. If you can't it won't act as alternative, it will just shatter your confidence.
>>
I contracted genital herpes from PoF
>>
>>18714806
>only reason I don't use tinder is because I don't have a Facebook and don't want one and I understand you need to log in using FB. Otherwise I would.
I'm not sure that's the case anymore.
>>
File: 1480855147680.jpg (69KB, 634x900px) Image search: [Google]
1480855147680.jpg
69KB, 634x900px
Met the girl I've been going out with for the last 2 months on OkCupid.
I don't really like the site itself, and I guess I got lucky, but hey maybe you'll get lucky too.
I hated taking pics of myself too, took like two, also, I didnt tailor my profile to make it interesting, it was a mix of my autism and self-awareness about it.
I'd say give it a try, you've got nothing to lose.
>>
List your income as above 80k

Watch the messages and likes come pouring in
>>
Unless you are a top tier 11/10 Chad, dating sites are not for you. Women have unlimited choices and unlimited attention, regardless of how disgusting they are. And they all believe they are entitled to the best. There is a reason you will see the same women on this sites for years and years. I'm not kidding. Also, most dating sites don't do anything to keep spam and fake accounts in check. Usually, they are pretty easy to spot, but spammers are getting creative. There is really no reason as a matter to use a dating site. All you will run into is bots, crazy chicks, and single mom with impossibly high standards.

As much as it sucks, you have to actually go out and meet new people, or at least network through friends.
>>
>>18714806
>The "will respond" section is absolutely bottom tier garbage ghetto material

Well like I sorta said: That's usually the type of girl you're trying for on POF. Not everyone is like that so feel free to filter, HOWEVER, because it is a free site that's what a lot of them are and when you kind of get down to it you aren't doing your small chances(Personally,I have 300 girls who viewed me and only about probably 20 something of them have AT LEAST sent me one message) much good by tossing away girls. Keep the doors open for the physically presentable looking ones but don'tlet them just walk in and shit on the establishment.

Plus in their defense, they are putting up a fake hard front and are super kind despite the ghetto lyfe feeling they go for. That sort of presentation in fact is usually just to sweep away dudes who want nothing but sex.

>I've been silently rejected 15 times now on Plenty of Fish, where they just don't answer

I'd stop counting because that number is inevitably going to get a lot higher and make you more butthurt the more you keep track of it. Sooner you reach the point where it's like you send a message then forget about that girl, the better.
>>
>>18715605
>Unless you are a top tier 11/10 Chad, dating sites are not for you.

I disagree. Just don't delve into being desperate and obsessive while looking for someone and dating sites can be for any guy.
>>
File: kuma.jpg (134KB, 2048x1536px)
kuma.jpg
134KB, 2048x1536px
>>18714924
I've noticed this as well. Girls don't have to try at all. Guys have to have a six pack and a be lawyers with Lambos meanwhile some of these piglets are obviously lying about age, won't honestly label their weight category or even show their lower body. Its kinda rigged.

Being a qt young girl must be very, very easy.

>>18715862
Yeah I try not to get attached in the slightest.

Still feels a little bit bad. I already expect that rejection number to skyrocket as part of the game but it doesn't deter me. I think an actual shitty date my deter me but I'll worry about that if I should be so lucky...
>>
>>18715957

I'm 5'5"
>>
>>18716168
Sucks to be you. Still, as long as you aren't a fat blob of shit, you might have some luck. Just be prepared to lower your standards further than you though possible.
>>
>>18714638
Gonna post the rest?
>>
>>18714446
The algorithms are all bullshit. Even OKCupid CEO admits it openly. Same thing with eHarmony and all the rest of them.
>>
How the fuck did you get PoF to work

there capcha never works for me..
>>
>>18717101
its really simple. the app isn't terrible either.
>>
Used to think okc was decent.

Now it's the same as everything else.

There used to be an activity feed that after you answered a question it would pop up there. Got some attention and conversations happening that way.

Now it's the same struggle/ dice roll for someone to even look at my message over somebody else.
>>
>>18713269
It's a bit depressing that we need to use the internet to meet people.

Just be careful. I would imagine EVERYONE lies to a certain extent on those sites. I also know there's girls out there that use it for "free dinners". Watch out

I thankfully never had to use one of those sites, and met my partner in uni. Keep your eyes open, you may just find someone by just living your life.
>>
>>18716168
>>18716180
Well fuck me, I'm 5'4
>>
Not a white male, don't bother OP.
>>
>>18718511
5'6" here. I've not had any problems with dates. Fuck i've even dated and fucked wlmen who are 5'8". It's all about how you present yourself as a person.

Are you pretty decent looking?
Do you have a great or likable personality?
Do you have interests that anyone can relate to?

Sure, height plays into a lot of things for women. Women are shallow by nature when it comes to that. But you'll be surprised at how many women just dont give a fuck.
>>
File: giant.jpg (88KB, 1000x645px) Image search: [Google]
giant.jpg
88KB, 1000x645px
everything always turns into height with you people...
>>
>>18718865
there's tons of black chicks on POF
>>
>>18719220

The fuck does that disprove? And why does "not white" make you autopilot into black?
>>
>>18719263
Just stating an observation. Some of those black chicks have gotta be looking for black men...
>>
File: thedeathofspoony.jpg (52KB, 626x342px) Image search: [Google]
thedeathofspoony.jpg
52KB, 626x342px
Fuck dating and dating sites. Enjoy your freedom and do the fuck everything you wanna do without strings attached. Don't feel pressured by society that you should be with a woman or man to spend your life with. And finally if someone tells you why you're still single just tell that person why the fuck are you singlephobic? Singles have more fun, more productive and successful. So swat the love bug and enjoy your freedom.
>>
I'm newly single after a 6.5 year relationship and I just wanna say I enjoyed reading this thread. Gonna kill myself now. kthxbye
>>
File: 1504297590404.jpg (263KB, 1200x756px)
1504297590404.jpg
263KB, 1200x756px
>>18719656
Yeah...there's merit to that. More power to you, I felt the same way for a while...

But like...the loneliness caught up with me, and its been way, way too long since I've gone to bed with anyone.

Plenty of Fish is becoming more brutal by the day, but I honestly don't know what other apps to try that I haven't already. I also can't afford to go out to bars every night of the week. Basically I need a mail order bride...
>>
Okcupid from my experience bunch of fuck buddies and one night stands just saying op. I've heard others found love of their life but for me lots of people just looking to fuck is. And lots of catfish so be careful literally I've had one happened to me man she had a photo of her 5 yea ago and Jesus she doesn't look the same. But 3 of them just wanted to be fwb and only 1 for about a year from ok
>>
>>18719656
>Enjoy your freedom and do the fuck everything you wanna do without strings attached

That's what most girls are looking for when dating, so you can very well enjoy yourself without giving the middle finger to dating and dating sites senpai. If you applied your sort of thinking to dating you'd probably be successful at it.

In fact it's vital you have a foundation of fun and enjoyment behind you before you attempt to start dating.

Ryan didn't get a Stacy because he sacrificed himself for one. Ryan got a Stacey because he could convey there's more to his life than her and he pulled away and kept living his life when she made it difficult or wishy washy with shit like
>"I'll tell you later"
>"Call me before"
>Enter no response here
>>
>>18720428
tinder? Also learning to be happy by yourself is good too.
>>
It all depends what you plan on getting out of it, how charismatic you are, and how confident you are. If you are super timid, not a fun/interesting person, and have the most boring page no one will care.

You can definitely meet people through them. On PoF I met this girl, we fucked a couple of times, and now we are good friends. Get together, go to theme parks, etc etc. Never went beyond fuck buddies, but at the same time I didn't want it to either.

I personally don't like dating site/apps all that much so I have since stopped using them, but for some it works. Just don't go into it hoping to find a soulmate.
>>
>>18720428
>>18720733
Stop acting like wankers! Society is the one to blame so i'll say this one last time. Don't give a fuck about meeting the right one now or facing the annoying why you're still single question. When you reach 40 how you wanna look like; as a almost bald fatass father living in a southern style house with many children and your bad hair day and fatass wife upset because she hasn't drink her morning coffee or as a single living in a neat looking apartment with his high income job, cool car, going to the gym every week and seeing the world every summer and still has enough dough left in the bank.
>>
>>18720795
What the fuck are you on about lmao

You don't have to be single to do the second part of your dumbass content. Some people live perfectly happy single, and some live better with a partner. Some couple don't last a week, and some people stay married until death parts them.

Blaming society? You sound like an edgy teen brother. Your life is what you make of it. If you live your life better single more power to you and keep doing what makes you happy. I have been with the same woman for 10 years and counting. Both our incomes combined allow us to livehappily, pay bills, own nicecars, and travel. Why the fuck would I want to be single?

Who says you have to be single to hit up the gym and own nice shit? Lmao

You do what works for you. Apparently for you it's beign single and for me it's having a faithful partner. The next guy might live happily by sucking exactly three dick every Tuesday, who the fuck am I to judge. Take your society blaming shit out of here.

If OP wants to meet someone they are obviously not happy single you dolt.

>>18720795
>>
>>18720816
Wait until your partner dumps you and then tell me who's right.
>>
File: lion.jpg (168KB, 1280x722px) Image search: [Google]
lion.jpg
168KB, 1280x722px
>>18720725
I've been single and celibate for 4 years now. If you asked me a year ago I would've said I was very happy being single but now its caught up with me.
>>
>>18713269
OKCupid seems a lot less brutal. Sure the women on PoF are classier, but doesn't that make them even more likely to be gold diggers? If they're classy, why can't they find a good man?

Basically if you want to make things easier for yourself at the cost of having a less positive experience, use OKCupid. If you want to have a quality experience, fuck off all dating sites, start living the life you'd rather live, and meet someone that way.
>>
>>18713269
Oh, and Tinder. Duh?
>>
File: rob gonsalves.jpg (179KB, 1622x1377px) Image search: [Google]
rob gonsalves.jpg
179KB, 1622x1377px
>>18722380
I was under the impression until yesterday that one needed a Facebook account to use Tinder but that is no longer the case thank god. So the Tinder era begins....it bothers me that I can't message people but the selection is infinitely bigger.

I think when it comes down to it Tinder is best because it just has the most users and therefore prospects...
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.