[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Moving out

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: 1425807450641.jpg (27KB, 600x451px) Image search: [Google]
1425807450641.jpg
27KB, 600x451px
So I took 4chan's advice on moving out and living independently so that I don't inflict my bad lifestyle on my family. I move to a shared flat with 9 other people at the end of this week. So far for the past 19 years my mum has cooked and cleaned for me, and allowed me to be a retard and still loved me. My dad took me everywhere and paid for most stuff. I know how to work but i'm not exactly a functioning adult and I have no social skills or friends, never had a gf etc.

So i'm scared. How am i supposed to survive on my own without the only people that give even the most minute shit about me (my parents)?I will be living 3 hours away from them, I have to do everything myself which I can deal with, but I dont know how to deal with being alone 24/7. I dont know how to make friends and people think im a weirdo. Im fat and non-medically autistic.

How am I gonna make it?
>>
Jesus Christ, you're supposed to work on these things BEFORE you move out. Now you're just going to be even more miserable.
>>
>>18713138
Yeah well I couldn't fix them before either, I thought moving out would help me since its a new environment. But now i'm not so sure. I can't stay at home though, my lifestyle causes problems with my family. So what am I supposed to do
>>
>>18713150
Nothing much you can do but try to salvage the mess that is your life.
>>
>>18713153
Thanks for your advice. If anyone else has any advice, please offer it. I'll read it all.
>>
>>18713131
>moving out and living independently
>a shared flat with 9 other people

hilarious

get your own place dude.
>>
>>18713167
With what money? This is what I can afford, I live in the UK. Rent isn't cheap here. It's student rooms with ensuite bedrooms and shared kitchen.
>>
>>18713172
If you're not a student, you're going to outcast yourself even more. What in the world were you thinking?
>>
>>18713172
>With what money?
I just did the conversion $1 American is $0.76 British. My rent for a two bedroom (not including any utilities) is $1400/month in your money. You not as good at life as some random anon on the interwebs or something? Put those big boy pants on and go get a real job and grow up.
>>
>>18713181
I had a real job for the past 6 weeks, it paid £280 a week for 40 hours, and my little ensuite is costing me £140 weekly (Studio apartments within 10 miles cost over £200 weekly). So you do the math, salaried jobs don't grow on trees, how much were you earning at 19?

>>18713178
I will be a student. I won't have any contacts or family in the place i'm studying though. I didn't make any friends in the last 2 years of high school so I dont think ill make any this time around either.
>>
>>18713190
If you're studying, how are you going to continue to work full time so you can sustain your living?
>>
>>18713131
Being alone is hard anon. You should just kill yourself so you can be together with all the other losers out there
>>
>>18713210
I get a loan that can cover rent money. I'll try to get a part time job if possible for spending money and food. Yeah i'll be poor but thats not the main issue as long as I dont starve. I need to figure out how to network with people to make friends and be normal or else i'm going to go insane alone. My family are the only people that really understand me and other people think of me as a weirdo mostly. So it might be hard to find a job too.
>>
>>18713227
You're going to get a loan to cover your living costs so you can live in an apartment you don't really want to be in with people you don't really want to be around? Any other terrible decisions you want to tell us about?
>>
So what's your question? How do you be an adult?
>>
You eat ramen and make friends by smoking cigarettes in front of lecture theatres with people who are similar intelligence to you. And you apply for jobs at late opening shops and bars. And you sleep very infrequently.
>>
>>18713233
Did you go to university? You don't seem to understand anything about how it works so I'm gonna stop replying to you. Even the richest kids I knew got loans for rent, it's a govt loan.

>>18713235
Yes, pretty much. And how to not fuck up socially because this is the time in my life it matters most. Or if you know how to live completely alone and not go insane.
>>
This honestly seems like a really bad idea OP. You may have a low opinion of yourself, but try to fix your relationship with your parents. Maybe tell us exactly your conflictions with them and we might be able to give you advice and tips.
>>
>>18713190
>I didn't make any friends in the last 2 years of high school so I dont think ill make any this time around either.

That's pretty pessimistic, you probably will.

source: didn't make friends for last 3 years of high school, entered university and made friends within 3 months.
>>
>>18713245
>how to not fuck up socially
Don't be boring and don't be clingy and weird. It's a fine line to walk if you're an autist, and most people figured it out when they were like 11 years old, so you'll probably fuck it up, but good on you for trying.
>>
>>18713227
>I need to figure out how to network with people to make friends and be normal or else i'm going to go insane alone

>sharing an apartment with 9 people

how the hell do you think you're going to be lonely and alone? If anything you'll be struggling to get time alone.
>>
>>18713248
Can't fix it. It's not just me that's the problem. Parents had too many kids, now there isn't much space in the house and my bro needs a room badly. I'm also a pretty big cunt with a substance addiction and that isn't a good thing to be around my family. And my parents argue a shitload so it's good for me as well so I don't have to listen to it. Im involved in most arguments in the house so once I go, the house becomes better for everyone in it and my parents have more time so they dont have to watch over me.

I got a therapist last year, she couldn't help me so Im not sure if anyone here can fix my problems with my family. I want some advice on how to survive as a loner in a city without being beaten to death or have my face melted with acid or something for being a weirdo.

Plus 4chan always tells everyone over 18 to move out, I thought it was a better idea than doing what my brother is doing as a NEET.
>>
Theres plenty of social activities you can get involved in at University. Normally during freshers week each club has a stand or something in one of the Uni buildings. Just go over there and anything that seems interesting to you register for and go check them out. You won't like all of them but you'll probably find a few you like and thats a way to start being social.

You need to cut to substance addiction whatever it is out right now because you're in a bad position. You don't have to cut it completely straight away because that can be worse sometimes. Cut it down gradually over a period of 1-3 months write out a schedule for how your gonna do it and stick to it.

Try and get a part time job as well and save some money for a rainy day because you'll need it at some point.

Also look for some scholarships/ Bursaries you might be entitled to. When I was in Uni I knew people were failing dyslexic tests on purpose and they were getting a bunch of free stuff like computers.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.