[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Saving a relationship

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

I'll try to keep it short.

We've been dating since April 2016.

The first year was perfect, pure love sentiment from both of us. Common interests, we even considered each other friends as in the definition of friend. So for each other, we were not only lovers but great friends. We are very similar, have lots of similar interests, humor, taste, etc. Everybody sees us as a perfect couple.

After the first year, and to be precise close to the end of the first year of relationship she wanted to get married badly.

I assured her it will come(the proposal), but be a bit patient as I need to be 100% prepared and have the feel when to do it.

In July 2017, she states that her desire to get married burnt out. And as the days passed, her feelings for me started to fade away.

She stated that the burnout happened because she got disappointed in the relationship/me for not proposing sooner.

She is quite stubborn and categorical, especially when she gets disappointed in a friendship, person, relationship.

She really tried to find a way to get her feelings back, to not be disappointed, but the fade away of her feelings is just getting bigger.

She wanted to take a break in order to see if she will miss me or not to see if she can continue in this relationship.(Late August)

Today 9/11 is my birthday. A break from the break.

She calls me, says happy birthday and I ask her if she missed me. She said: I do not want to answer and hurt you, it's your Bday.

We all know what this means: She did not miss me.

In the evening I pushed her for an answer and she did say that NO, she did not miss me at all.

I tried to talk, to negotiate ways to get rid of her disappointment in the relationship as I love her as in the first year, she is the love of my life, I see my life only around her. All to no avail.

I am desperate. Maybe you guys can tell me how can I fight for my relationship?

How can I reignite her feelings and remove most importantly the disappointment?
>>
selfish bump.

I really need advice guys.
>>
Wait, she expected you to propose after only a year of dating?
>>
>>18713092

Sorry man, but your relationship is RIP. There's nothing you can do accept let it go and move on.
>>
>>18713148
Yes, our relationship was moving/growing/maturing unusually fast. Even I had thoughts of proposing to her.
>>
>>18713161
Then you dodged a bullet. You were barely out of the honeymoon period.
>>
>>18713092
If she realized she doesn't need you around,it's pretty much over.
I could be wrong though,the break did not last very long after all.
How were you feeling during the break ? Do you still want to fight for someone who couldn't just wait for you to be ready ?
>>
>>18713166
I really want to fight as I know what pure love was in her towards me. And she has a great personality. I am telling you, not from my POV but even from lots of friends and family we are a very good match by personality, interests, values, principles etc.

I love her more than life.

During the break, I felt distraught. I wanted to call her, see her. It is tough man...
>>
>>18713092
If she knows you 'need' her back, she ain't coming. The best thing you can do to make her want you back is show her that you can thrive without her.
>>
>>18713177
Its easier said than done.

Any mental "tricks" advice on how to force myself to "let it go" and thrive?
>>
>>18713179
Don't think, just do. Take cliche advice. Go running, become a beast in the gym, flirt with other women, listen to motivational lectures, find new music, start a new hobby.

As you fill the time and mind space that she used to occupy, her hold on you will fade. Use the energy you used to spend on her to enrich your own identity, self-worth, and personality. Give it 3 weeks of solid effort. Do, don't think; you'll get used to it.

There aren't 'tricks' here. There's you and your determination to move onward and upward. She will eventually follow, or not, and you'll probably be better for it.
>>
>>18713179

Thanks bro for the advice.

I will try.

I mean I was hitting gym and swimming while dating and gave up in the last week. But shit man, I should get a hold of myself.
>>
>>18713179
either way you have to let go man, you really dodged a bullet she wanted to get married and yet lost her feelings after a year of relationship, if you proposed it'd be maybe few more months of good relationship and then something else would pop up that'd be a dealbreaker for one of you ( in first case marriage ) and it'd just keep piling up till you "disappoint" her and then relationship is RIP.
look at it objectively even tho i know it's fucking hard to do but think about it rationally.

imagine being in a relationship with a person for a year and immediately want to spend the rest of your life with that person based on honeymoon phased 1 year and when you said no she got pissed off so much she "lost" feelings, that's bullshit, something bad from her was bound to happen soo,ner or later. just ditch her please and move on, take your feelings out of it and do it for your own sake
>>
File: 1502673522964.jpg (16KB, 500x322px) Image search: [Google]
1502673522964.jpg
16KB, 500x322px
I'm sorry to tell you this OP, but you should let her go. You don't want to waste your time trying to rekindle a relationship. You shouldn't have to try. It should come naturally. Don't waste your time attempting to bring it back. Use your time on someone else who is more worth while. I tried rekindling mine and I ended up wasting time doing it. Don't regret your time like I did.
>>
>>18713179

>>18713249

Thanks for your input guys.

I will try to move on. But it will be really hard to move on from the love of your life that you saw your whole life with.

And I am not a kid on 4chan. I am 27 and know life a bit. But here I just needed help.
>>
>>18713234
Take the anger and sadness and use it to fuel your motivation. Every break up is an opportunity to learn about yourself, and to grow. Make yourself proud.
>>
>>18713262
wishing you best of lucks man :)

am off to sleep gn
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.