[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

reposting because it fell

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1498180567032s.jpg (3KB, 125x124px) Image search: [Google]
1498180567032s.jpg
3KB, 125x124px
I have a problem, /adv/. Namely, I'm dissatisfied with my life to the point of panic.

I'm 24, introvert, finished decent studies this summer. I live with my dad. Recently I started working as a translator from home, but it's a sort of an intermediary period so I don't get enough commissions and therefore money to make a living. I'm not sure if they will take me full-time after this. My goal is to be financially independent and move out.

I tried a few times and I can't pass my driving test. It's another important thing to me and I just don't know what to do. Should I just buy more lessons with an instructor? I can only drive on the parking lot with my dad so it's only developing my parking lot skills. I absolutely need to pass that.

Another thing is that I'm a virgin. This wasn't that big of a deal, people say I'm good looking, but I'm balding and I'm afraid I only have limited time before I lose my looks. Sure I look fine with no hair but it's just not the same and I have low confidence as it is. I don't want to waste the time when I'm still attractive.

I feel like life's passing before my eyes and I'm panicking.
>>
>>18711777
>I feel like life's passing before my eyes and I'm panicking.

You are running in three directions at the same time, unable to focus on any part of your own life.

Is the translator job your first job? I'd say: Keep working and focus primarily on the driving test. That one is fully under your control, while the others are not. So get your confidence by knocking this one off the list first.

Also, never focus on girls. Live a good life and you'll have opportunities to date. How often do you go out?
>>
>>18711785
It is my first somewhat regular job though it's still part time. I have done some paid translation commissions in the past, though. (I also receive pension because my mother is dead so I have some extra money)

I used to think the same about the girls part, that the best thing you can do is to become happy with yourself, live a happy life and you will find opportunities, even though it's unusual to be a virgin at my age. But the balding thing scared me off a bit...
Last year I tried tinder, the result was that I got a lots of matches/interest but it didn't result in much because of my low confidence/social skills. I got a few dates and dated some girl for a few months but I didn't really feel any chemistry towards her so I stopped.
>How often do you go out?
not too often, I don't have too many friends. Used to go to clubs with my buddy but he got a gf there kek, and now feels awkard about clubbing without her.

>Keep working and focus primarily on the driving test
Do you think it would be wise to buy myself a car before I pass the test? I think that might be an additional motivation to pass for me.
>>
>>18711856
>Do you think it would be wise to buy myself a car before I pass the test?

I don't drive, sorry. But if you think it will help and you can afford it, go for it.

> it didn't result in much because of my low confidence/social skills.
>not too often, I don't have too many friends.

That's why you get confidence and friends first. A GF is a friend you fuck, even if this board loves to put relationshipsin pedestals. Get social, make friends, and dating will be a lot easier.
>>
>>18711865
As I said I'm an introvert, I don't need people that much, plus because of my nature, confidence issues and bad social skills I tend not to connect with others well. I may be exaggerating (my therapist would probably say that, he claims I'm just fine), but how does one get a friends circle anyway? I have a few somewhat close friends from the earlier years but I don't have a friends circle. I used to go out with people from uni a bit but now I graduated I think it's over.
I thought about joining something like toastmasters to improve my social skills. Also I go to the gym twice a week but it's not the most social environment ever.
>>
>>18711896
>I don't need people that much,

Not true. Else, why would you be here asking people for advice? It's not a sign of weakness, it's just a reality.

>because of my nature, confidence issues and bad social skills

Stop blaming things out of your control. You were able to hang out with people, you are not a cripple in social situations. Chill a bit.

>I thought about joining something like toastmasters to improve my social skills.

How about instead you just go out to have fun? Join a club, or a class, or do volunteer work, or anything really. Just do something you would enjoy doing and meet people while doing it.
>>
>>18711900
To be honest from what I've read I think I'd enjoy something like toastmasters more than volunteer work. I like practising public speaking because imo it helps me improve overall confidence + social skills. Plus I have no idea what else would I join. I have several ideas but this one is the most defined.
>>
>>18711917

Well, if you are convinced. I'd say treating social interaction as a skill TOO much can be counter productive, but hey, if it gets you to meet people, go for it.
>>
>>18711917
and I have a fear that I would be pushed to the background or ostracised in any club/society I join - I think it stems from university, especially the early years, when I was pretty much an outcast. At least it would be easier to communicate with people and get noticed when I speak publicly in a club explicitly devoted to communication.
>>
The balding thing is a non problem, just get a buzz cut and hit the gym.

Getting a gf while not at ease financially or while staying at your dad's place is not that great a thing.

I would concentrate on the driving problem first.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.