[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mom gets scammed out of 160k online, i need help.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: Screenshot 2017-09-11_17-39-40.png (70KB, 905x444px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot 2017-09-11_17-39-40.png
70KB, 905x444px
My mother got scammed out of 160k by a china-based scammer, the scammer called her with the number +68 24 8668660 (a china phone number), which is still in service and is currently in a mobile phone, is there any way i could track his location down and if so could anyone help me? (i can do a bit of IT stuff but im using a macbook and im only 18 so i cant complete much)

Extra info, the guy who came to take the money from my mom was a singaporean but the guy that called her was a mainland chinese, so it might be a big scale scam operation.

The scammer's alais was Huang Tian Ming.

Heres a screenshot of where the china phone number is located now.

I am able to provide photos of the police report my mom filed.
>>
If she's contacted the police and the bank, there's not much else you can do but wait and see. Chances are, she's not going to recover the money, or at least the majority of it. It's an expensive lesson to learn, but that's just how it is.
>>
Also having a phone number means nothing, all they have to do is take out the SIM and throw it away and bam, they're untraceable.
>>
>>18711530
I'm sorry to tell you, but anyone who lets themselves be scammed out of so much almost deserves it as a lesson.
>>
Not much you can do hacking wise unless you want to get scammed out of even more money in the darknet.

Go to the police, gather all the info you have about them, maybe try to search a little more. (how the initial contact was established, what the type of scam was, how it is beeing done)

Best chance to get it back would be to get them to try to scam you again, this time with police picking up the person that fetches the money
>>
Sorry but your mom probably won't see any of that money again. I'm guessing they can get unregistered sim there just like everywhere else. If not you'd still need the help of the chinese police to track him down and you won't be more successful in doing that then your local police. I wish you both all the best, but I think that the best thing you can do is provide emotional support to your mother.
>>
Should you really be contacting 4chin instead of a lawyer?

What others said is correct. Any scammer that can successfully get away with six figures, is obviously savvy enough to cover his tracks and launder/hide the money. Also, the Chinese government doesn't really cooperate with the West.
>>
>>18711559
>Should you really be contacting 4chin instead of a lawyer?
A lawyer wouldn't and couldn't do anything. This is a) a matter for the police and b) across jurisdictions.
>>
>>18711530
Note that the next part of the scam will be someone who says they are representing others who got scammed and they are now in the process of recovering that money. You can be a part of this, however there is a small matter of fees involved.
>>
>>18711530
GO full taken. Call the place make threats. Then go to china and fuck shit up. Good luck senpai!
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.