[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

GF has male BFF

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: feel_pepe.jpg (87KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
feel_pepe.jpg
87KB, 800x800px
I've been seeing a girl for the last 6 months and I'm worried about losing her. She's in High School and I'm in my first year of University so as it is we only get to see each other 1-2 times per week during the semester (we live fairly far away from each other, but not worryingly far).

Recently she has befriended a guy in her year that she used to have a crush on (I'm pretty sure he likes her atm). We've talked about it in the past and she gets why it bothers me and she agreed to see him less, but I don't wanna ask her to stop seeing him because she has a tough time making friends and it sounds like if this guy respects boundaries and doesn't try to make a move he'd make a pretty good friend for her.

I'm not usually possessive, but the fact that they see each other every day and they've both liked each other at separate points in time worries me deeply. I trust her and I know she'd never cheat on me or anything like that, but her developing feelings for this guy and dumping me isn't out of the realm of possibilities.

In the weeks leading up to her befriending him we hadn't seen each other for some time. I had a major robotics assignment due and I stupidly asked if we could postpone our dates for a few weeks. We kind of drifted apart for a little bit there but since then we've gotten close again.

I've already thought about what I can do in this situation and I've come to 2 possibilities:

(cont)
>>
File: idea_pepe.png (8KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
idea_pepe.png
8KB, 225x225px
1: I try to phase out/replace the guy. They've mainly bonded over their mutual liking of bands and although it wasn't a major part of our relationship, it turns out that I like a lot of the same music. I figure if I'm her "go to guy" for sharing music then eventually she won't need this other guy. I'm already trying to make up for lost time by trying to see her every day I finish Uni early (she has a cerfew on school nights), but I'm not sure if it will be enough.

2: I ask her to stop seeing him. I really don't wanna do this, but it has come up in conversation and she said if I asked her to she would. Their friendship has only began quite recently so it's not like I'd be asking her to stop seeing her childhood friend or anything, but this is a slippery slope that I'd rather not go down.

I really do love this girl (I know most of you guys don't believe in it or think I'm naive, but I truly do), and I wanna spend my life with her. That's really the only reason I came here. Any advice you guys could give me would be truly appreciated as I'd hate myself if I fucked this up.

TL;DR: GF has a male BFF and I'm worried about her developing feelings for him. Advice appreciated
>>
She's fucking him, bro.
>>
I'm just being 100% honest with you, she's either cheating on you or is within weeks of doing so. Just saying. Remember these words lmao
>>
>>18711363
Befriend the guy, he's probably a nice guy since your gf likes him. If she and him have something going on this would seriously freak out both of them.
>>
I know you guys are distrustful of women (I'm guessing from previous relationships or something), but I do trust this girl. I've been hurt in the past so I understand where you're coming from but this girl isn't like that. She's very open about being this guys friend and brought it all up to me when they started hanging out. The only thing I'm worried about is her growing attached to this guy because she sees him every day. Even if you don't believe me, I'm really just looking for ideas on how to deal with this.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.