[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I meet people like me?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1259.jpg (300KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1259.jpg
300KB, 900x900px
Here's the story. I live in Chile, I'm 22 and I'm a 4th year business undergraduate. Most people that attend my university have been raised by somewhat rich families, even more in my major. The thing is, since I first started coming to classes, I've been having a hard time making real friends (deep connections, be able to go to their weddings, etc.) because I just can't identify with their lifestyle and interests, so most of the time i'm just sitting there and not talking to them. Most people in this college are actually very nice, i like them. They are respectful to me. The problem is that they are different to me: they only care about getting ripped and going to EDM-parties, and all they talk about (when it's not about the things former mentioned) is cars and real estate shit and I'm really not into that. I'm very into 70s films, indie rock (I really love music, in an almost obsessive way), books and a lot of other art-related things but I have never met anyone with a similar interest for those things.
It just bums me out that all I can talk with them is about work related stuff, I thought I was supposed to have a great time at college, meet interesting new people and get to know myself better, and sometimes I feel like all I'm doing is just to sit quietly in the class waiting for real life to start.

Maybe I picked the wrong university, but it would be stupid to change universities now given the fact that I'm in fourth year (out of six)

Also, my campus doesn't have clubs dedicated to artsy stuff, all they have are volunteer stuff and some dance related groups.

Pic not related. Just one of my favourite albums from Jim O'Rourke. I didn't knew what else to put instead
>>
Go talk to people at shows or record stores. Talk to people outaide art house cinemas, etc for any interest.

You're just looking in the wrong places. It's rare(nonexistent) for you to find people that like music the way you do unless you are in a place that people of similar interest are also there for (in this case its a show).

Are you allowed to make your own club?
>>
>>18710570
chileno acá... quizás tienes muchos prejucios contra los niñitos ricos?
sí, la gente que se quiere hacer rica fácilmente suckea...
dónde vives? quizás podrías ir a recitales y tratar de conocer gente ahí? te cuesta mucho conocer gente?
>>
>>18710605
btw, en qué U estás?
>>
File: JUST DOYERS.jpg (45KB, 640x662px) Image search: [Google]
JUST DOYERS.jpg
45KB, 640x662px
>>18710570
Join your local political parties young peoples group.

I am 25 and in the young republicans we have a nice diner once a month
>>
>>18710605
Conce. Trato de nunca caer en prejuicios, ni siquiera de llamarlos cuicos ni eso, creo que eso es muy odioso.
Me cuesta conocer gente en el sentido de que soy pésimo para el small talk y muchas veces causo una mala primera impresión y voy mejorando desde ahí.
Y estoy en la UDD que, seamos honestos, es bien zorrona
Tampoco voy mucho a recitales, porque no tengo con quien ir y porque tampoco me gusta mucho la música de chile (siempre pienso que están un paso detrás del resto) pero tampoco juzgo a los que si la disfrutan.
>>
>>18710635
I really doubt that would work in Chile. Plus I'm not into politics
>>
>>18710654
anda a recitales, sin muchas expectativas, y habla con gente ahí
igual, no soy el tipo más sociable que existe... pero supongo que podría servir

>>18710635
right-wing parties in chile are the same thing anyway, a bunch of people that wanna get rich fast. the other side are a bunch of hippies...
>>
>>18710712
go to facebook and look for events just find shit to do senpai get out of your house. I was not a geology major but I was in the geology club in college
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.