[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My parents sincerely believe that at I am clinically mentally

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

File: retard.gif (478KB, 500x348px) Image search: [Google]
retard.gif
478KB, 500x348px
Situation: pretty much the subject name. That at the grown age of 18 being functional, doing well at school and going outside often, my parents really believe that I am retarded. Not in any figurative sense either. They believe that I am pic related.

This started when I was a few years old, even though I don't remember it I would engage in habitual head-banging... as far as I've read it's fairly common among attention seeking boys and almost never affects the brain unless they bang their heads against a saw blade. But from that basis my parents base all my occasional wrongdoings on the notion that I must be without a doubt fucking retarded.

What the fuck do I do /adv/? The other day I was at brunch with the family and when I'd forgotten take my order (texting my gf) my dad held me and begged the waiter to excuse "his ill son" and ordered for me. Wasn't even what I wanted.
>>
>>18709957
Tell them the facts. Your parents sound like the real retards. All there ideas about your retardation is based of bullshit assumptions. Even go to the doctor to prove your not retarded. Honestly your parents sound ignorant as fuck.
>>
>>18710021
My parents have a slew of books on child psychology that they only study to make sure that I'm just like "my friend's well-achieving son" or "my boss's athletic son." My dad is 150% more obsessed with this fabricated mental retardation I've been stricken with than my mom is but she won't hesitate to stick it to me that I am an idiot by medical standards. It's almost daily that they accuse me of being retarded and I actually get uneasy when it's not what I hear once a day walking down the hall to my room. My parents made sure to use their hands and shins to keep me from being uppity while the getting was good, even though that changed drastically as soon as I got grown.

When my dad once had the gumption to assault me with a stick for being late to something because I'm retarded (in the way that a guard strikes an aggressive prisoner with his baton) I barely fought him back. The motherfucker actually hit pretty hard too and drew blood from my face. He called the police as if 20 IQ 6'4 200 pound Hannibal Lecter had just broken free out of his house and was now terrorizing the inner city. His voice was trembling and he was sweating as if I actually put him in the brink of death.

Best option I'm considering is to run away at this point. I have a couple thousand bucks in my personal bank account and no college fund nor investment in a house. I won't be surprised to hear that advice being returned to me. I'll have to make it somehow... right?
>>
>>18710032
Seems like they get off to the idea of you being disabled. Like your a burden or some shit. I'm not sure. But it's clear from your posts your not stupid. But it's also apparent your parents are hard stuck on the belief your retarded. No matter of reason will fix this. They either deep down know it's false and don't care. Or they said it to themselves enough they believe it. I'd say run. But make that the last option look into alternatives.
>>
File: grind.jpg (1MB, 1692x1152px) Image search: [Google]
grind.jpg
1MB, 1692x1152px
>>18710080
Thanks friend, I've thought long and hard of alternatives but I can't really think of any. I have some very close friends who live in roomy houses and I've asked them that if shit hits the fan with the snake pit that they know my household is, please don't be angry to see me and my luggage at their door. I don't need their money and if it's reasonable I'll rent a room, just a place where I can sleep and use internet and wash myself and cook food. Live out of it working a job or two until I can promote myself to living independently.

In any case I plan to disconnect myself completely from my parents though not my extended family, both sides of which recognize my parents as world class idiots.

Then I'll be pic related.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.