[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Doctor life

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: CROP_20170910_220735.jpg (43KB, 383x475px) Image search: [Google]
CROP_20170910_220735.jpg
43KB, 383x475px
Any doctors here? Or vets?
I'm studying medicine right now and am doing great, like really great. All my professors say I have a great future ahead of me, I could work at the university or basically anywhere if I keep this up, I'm in the top 5 of my generation... But... I don't know if I want to keep it up.
It's not like I can't, like I'm getting tired or anything, but I just look at the future and it's not what I want.
I want to be a doctor, but I also want to play games and read fantasy books and watch anime and spend all my free time on my computer, but that's the thing, you don't get, or you get very little free time once you graduate med school. You will have to work 8-10 hours a day, and then you will also have to study a few extra hours because medicine is advancing every day and as a doctor you need to be up to date. At least, that's what I heard, and that's why I'm posting this here. Any doctors or vets (since that's a similar profession) that can say it's really like that, or that it isn't?
I don't intend on ever having kids or settling down, so I won't lose time on that.
>>
>>18709541
wait till you start working. just finished med school and started working and i have enough time beside work. but i'm also quite the anti social outside of work. it might depend on where you live though.
>>
>>18709541
Head of a clinic lab here. Why not do lab work? It's basically the dream job. I'm still a medic in every sense of the word but I haven't seen the face on an actual patient besides my assistants in years, and all I do is play with high-tech equipment, 7-ish hours a day.
>>
>>18709644
>>18709627
Do you have to study outside of your work hours?
>>
>>18709674
Only if you're daft. Like say, last year there came brand new analyzing equipment, it took me a couple weeks to get the hang of it just playing with it at work, and haven't studied it outside work, while other people in the lab took notes and started to read a lot on it just for basic stuff. Some still don't know many things on it.
It all depends, but I never was keen on studying and taking notes even in school. I much prefer to do actual, practical work and discover things my own way and make associations my own way, so bottom line is, it all depends on you as a person.
Now thing is, I actually like my job and I don't mind taking it at home sometimes, but it barely happened a few times in years of working in the lab.
>>
Any docs from California here? Could use some advice on how the work/pay is there, particularly LA. Also advice for making it to med school starting as a uni freshmen would be good too.
>>
>>18709644
What was your degree/major? How much schooling?
>>
>>18709756
Not sure the equivalent in America because I'm in Europe, so I think phd (here is doctorate, not sure if it's the same thing) in biomedicine specializing in biochemistry.
>>
>>18709804
in US medical doctors get an MD (practice medicine), in academia they get a PHD (don't treat people). Sounds like you have a non medical degree.

Sounds like you have an ideal job, I'm getting my 4 year degree in biology, perhaps I'll pursue biomed
>>
Just become a dermatologist, they make great money, work 9-5, and don't have any stress unlike real doctors. Sure you won't do any real good in the world, but you will be too busy spending your money on fun hobbies to care.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.