[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

relationship advice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0650.jpg (959KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0650.jpg
959KB, 1080x1920px
recently got dumped by my first gf. almost a year together, i felt like i was really in love. she had started acting different a few days before our anniversary, and my anxiety got really bad. the day came when she asked me to meet her for coffee, i knew it was over and i felt so bad that i threw up in a mcdonald's bathroom. she tells me it's isn't going to work out, she wants to focus on herself and her faith. we're still trying to be friends but it's very awkward (been ~1month since breakup) any advice?
>>
>>18708619

Time will help. Focus on distractions and building your life. It will hurt for a while, but it will pass eventually. Don't let yourself wallow in misery, keep busy with family and friends. But you're no way obligated to be friends with her while you're trying recover from the break up, even if she'd want it. Give yourself time to get over it.
>>
>>18708639
i have a class with her and everything reminds me of her. don't have many friends bc i'm shy, not any that i can trust to tell them how i feel. i'm just confused on why we broke up, i'm trying to figure out what changed. i treated her with as much respect and care that i could. i'm trying to accept what happened but it hurts
>>
It's part of life, only people to whom it doesn't happen are permavirgins.
Better now than late with kids.
>>
>>18708619
there is no reason you cannot be friends, it will be hard at first but may turn out nice in the end. I need to know what reasons she gave for why it wasn't working out? Did she give anything specific? If not, don't be afraid to ask her, if she is a friend she will want to help.
>>
Hopefully you at least had lots of sex with her.
>>
>>18708619
Heyo Anon
Tough luck! No break up is easy, and the first one is worst one.
Personal exp time.
I had a break up from my first ex almost 6 months ago. (No other relationship as of yet) we were struggling to stay friends for 2-3 months. Couldn't really be enemies cause 1.we have alot of common friends 2.she lives 100m away from me and our school route is same mostly. So after trying for those 3 months we became best friends. Moral of the story: time solves shit

Also join the fucking air force!
>>
File: hqdefault[3].jpg (12KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[3].jpg
12KB, 480x360px
>focus on her faith

Just be glad that you got out of that mess. Try to pick yourself up and find a girl that is not mentally challenged.
>>
>>18708619
Two things to understand. They won't resolve your problem but they might help.

1. In every breakup there is a dumper and a dumpee. The end comes as a shock to the dumpee, but the dumper has been thinking about it for a while, maybe months. So she (in this case) is several steps ahead of you in the getting-over-it process. Don't judge yourself for being more in shock than she is.

2. One of the many differences between men and women is that women honestly and innocently believe thy can break up with you and remain friends, while the natural male response is to find it too painful even to think of her. So you don't have to accept her friendship plan, at least not for a while, and can do your best to ignore her if that's less painful
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.