[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New laptop

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: lenovo-legion-y520-display.png (560KB, 700x394px) Image search: [Google]
lenovo-legion-y520-display.png
560KB, 700x394px
So I'm going to another Uni soon to get my master's degree and have decided that it's easier to buy a new laptop than carry around my old PC. I play videogames, but they won't be a priority there; I'll probably focus on writing stuff in LaTeX and the occasional programming. So I'm searching for a laptop which will be able to run new games in at least medium-high. Any recommendations? Does such a thing even exist? I was hoping its price wouldn't exceed 1300 €. Thank you in advance!
>>
Just take your desktop, it's really not that much of a hassle.
>>
where is OP from? so know what 1300€ stands for
>>
>>18709442
It actually is since it's 400 kilometers away.

>>18709616
I'm a balkanfag, 1300€=1564.60$
>>
>>18709675
>1300€=1564.60$
Literally any laptop you buy for this amount of money will do what you want it to. It's not like you're working with $300
>>
>>18709701
Huh, cool. I really don't know much about them so yeah. But it'd be awesome if I could somehow reduce the cost?
>>
>>18708531
>LaTeX
RIP your soul, it was nice meeting you
>>
>>18709718
Well obviously you don't have to spend the entire amount if you don't want to.
>>
> I play videogames, but they won't be a priority there;
> So I'm searching for a laptop which will be able to run new games in at least medium-high.
that's contradictory desu. You have to look at very different machines depending on whether it should be able to play games. that requirement you posted means you have to get a designated gaming laptop, which is worse than a desktop for gaming and worse than a laptop for everything else. Unless you travel back and forth a lot between two places where you want to play gaems, this is a stupid idea.
Anyway, I recently helped a cousin get a machine for that, we chose the dell inspiron 15 (iirc) with a gtx 1050. We also considered a lenovo y520. Both are in your prize range.
>>
>>18709724
Lol yeah, it really was a pain to learn its basic but I'm getting the hang of it.

>>18709762
Maybe I worded myself poorly; playing games won't be a priority but since I will occasionally do it, why not get a rig that will do it with no problems? Lenovo y520 is the on I posted in the original picture and is the first one I've stumbled upon while trying to find something myself, is it better than the Dell inspiron you mentioned?
>>
>>18709802
its basics*

..is the one* I posted...
>>
>>18709802
no clue. I've only looked at a handful of reviews for that purchase. The dell has a much better battery, and at uni this can become a problem.
>>
>>18709812
Care to elaborate that last part?
>>
>>18709675
>>18708531
Laptops with GTX1050/60 are at this price point
>>
>>18708531
you can run new games at medium-high. it's just a matter of framerate.

a game like CSGO or battlefield, you'll want as many fps as possible
a game lake dark souls, you might want 120 fps but 60 will do

all brand new games, even crisis, are being made with medium settings in mind. high settings, in brand new games, are just where they keep all the extra processing and light flecks. you don't need them to enjoy brand new games, just games released before like 2014 - which a good modern card will play on high.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.