[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

To be or not to be promiscuous

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

File: jack black.jpg (11KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
jack black.jpg
11KB, 225x225px
What do you guys think about freeing sex, with progressive philosophies, versus having a conservative philosophy and practicing a lot of restraint?

I know that promiscuity correlates with a lot of mental problems and character flaws, but that doesn't make the sex acts themselves bad. This creates an attitude of hypocrisy, for me at least. I judge promiscuous people due to this correlation, but I myself am not a conservative person.

It seems like it would be better to live in a homogenous society where it was agreed upon whether ot not the attitude towards sex was progressive or conservative. In a society where everyone unanimously decided whether to free or restrict sex, it would be a better way to identify if someone is dysfunctional or not.

This does have to do with advice. This evokes thoughts about how a person should live their life. This thread was inspired after I heard the novel "It" has a sewer gangbang in it. And yes, there is a kind of dichotomy here. The two philosophies oppose each other in a way, and there is no way to ride the line perfectly.

Any thoughts?
>>
You probably won't be able to get any pussy anyway so your opinion on whether or not you should doesn't matter
>>
>>18708061
Take a guess.
>>
>>18708068
>>18708069
What's with the shitposts?
>>
>>18708076
I'm being real with you
>>
>>18708076
It's not a shitpost. You asked whether a sexually liberal or sexually conservative society is better.
Consider under which conditions the West rose, and under which conditions it is now falling.
Also consider that even WOMEN'S happiness has been on a downward slide since the 1960s.
>>
I have found that you simply cannot use philosophies and ideologies to justify your actions. It all depends on the person you are and the person you're with as individuals, and what your values and expectations are. When I was in my young 20s I slept with lots of women and they mostly did as well with a lot of men. It was what we expected and was the norm. I didn't care about monogomy in the slightest and argued biological statistics for it and shit. But when I met my current girlfriend it all changed, the thought of violating her trust filled me with grief and since I have been with her these last few years I have retained the strongest ethos to remain faithful to her. Philosophy can simply not hold out to emotion. Bottom line is just do what you think is best and as long as you're not forcing an ideology on someone it's fine.
>>
File: 1373581742417.jpg (15KB, 560x315px) Image search: [Google]
1373581742417.jpg
15KB, 560x315px
>>18708061

>What do you guys think about freeing sex, with progressive philosophies, versus having a conservative philosophy and practicing a lot of restraint?

I think both ideologies are perfectly fine. Exploring your sexuality safely outside of committed relationships with consenting adults is fine. Waiting until you've developed a deep emotional connection and exploring your sexuality with one individual is fine.

The issue isn't the act itself; its the eternal bickering back and fourth between both factions about who has the superior lifestyle. In reality, sexual promiscuity correlates with as many mental problems as sexual abstinence. I work in the mental health field and in my 15 years of direct hands on experience with trauma victims I've found people act out sexually in response to trauma just as frequently as people completely recoil and fear sex in response to trauma. There is no exclusive correlation between promiscuity and mental problems, in my professional opinion. "Character flaw" is also something I'm going to toss out the window because that is an objective observation that can only be linked using your personal opinions. I've met tons of shitty people with varying amounts of sexual experience so that point is moot

>It seems like it would be better to live in a homogenous society where it was agreed upon whether ot not the attitude towards sex was progressive or conservative.

Thats silly. I really don't think the philosophies oppose each other I think that, much like religion, politics and economic policy human beings force so many aspects of our existence through the filter of right vs. wrong in situations where it really isn't necessary. There is no "promiscuous society" vs. "abstinent society" war where one party wins. There will always be people who enjoy it and people who don't and the answer has always been live and let live. Do whatever it is that makes you happy so long as it doesn't hurt you or anyone else. Its really that simple.
>>
>>18708101
Oh. Your point is really clear now. Thanks for clarifying.

It's so frustrating, if not depressing, to hold a conservative viewpoint like that, because in that case the world is going to the dark side. If what you're asserting is true, then it makes the problem in the OP only more frustrating. Imagine, for instance, being a libertarian who was born and raised in Europe, where the population has been disarmed. Sure, their democracy is a little bit purer than ours, but that doesn't mean disarming the population is justified. Difficult stuff.

>>18708094
That concludes the attention you'll be getting, bud.

>>18708110
Just because something is more natural does not necessarily make it good. The problem wasn't that you had a philosophy, it's that it wasn't fleshed out.

As for you being promiscuous, that is fine. The problem in the OP is the correlation between people's promiscuity and their poor mental health as well as character defects. The problem is that there's no way to distinguish (let's just say) you, who is a good promiscuous person, from another person who is like a harmful cheater or something.
>>
>>18708152
>>18708101
Oh and another thing that's difficult is how many need God to be conservative, because society progressing usually means moving away from quack and towards secularism. Without God, it's hard to convince the masses to be conservative. That's the pickle many conservatives are in.
>>
>>18708132
Of course you're not going to agree with the viewpoint if you think the facts its based on are untrue. Unfortunately, there is a correlation between promiscuity and poor mental health as well as character flaws. And please at least do research instead of discounting this as soon as you read it.

Like the OP says, it's not a problem of whether or not promiscuity or asceticism is better. It's an issue with the promiscuous scene and all the dishonesty and dysfunction involved, at least in the United States.
>>
Are United States the only place where this seem to be relevant, right?
>>
>>18708198
unsure
>>
I think that people tie morality to actions that have nothing to do with morality and that's the main thing we need to get away from.
if you want to be a slut, be a slut. as long as you're not leading someone on, or giving them any STIs there's absolutely nothing wrong with promiscuity. people also need to realize that they themselves, as well as everyone else don't exist in black and white. i've gone through periods of fucking multiple girls with no desire for a romantic relationship, to being seriously in love and monogamous.
someone should only live their life by being honest and respectful, both to themselves and others. know what you want to do, do what you want to do, but don't fuck over other people in the process.
>>
>>18708061
You can make sex as free or restrained as you want. I don't give a fuck because I'm not getting any either way.
>>
>>18708247
Oh, come on. You can probably get laid if you stop whatever is preventing you.

>>18708224
Yes, that is the ideal scenario...
>>
File: 1501000306292.jpg (23KB, 682x515px) Image search: [Google]
1501000306292.jpg
23KB, 682x515px
>>18708132
>Exploring your sexuality safely outside of committed relationships
>>18708224
>if you want to be a slut, be a slut. as long as you're not leading someone on, or giving them any STIs there's absolutely nothing wrong with promiscuity.
>>
>>18708271
You probably won't be able to prove anything inherently wrong with what you're gonna gas this person over.

But there are so many cases of people "exploring their sexuality outside of committed relationships" who are really just off the rails crazy and fucking everyone who's willing. of course, not all, but enough to cause concern.
>>
>>18708284
>You probably won't be able to prove anything inherently wrong with what you're gonna gas this person over.
Correct, because we would need to agree on objective morality of what is wrong or not. Leftists are incapable of doing that.
>>
There's no end all perfect solution to how you approach sex, or a magic number of sexual partners or right amount of dates to go on before fucking. It all depends on how comfortable your relationship to sex is, and in what ways it defines you. That might change over time as well, and five years from now you may be more or less promiscuous than you are now. I used to be very monogamy focused and had a lot of sexual jealousy, but now I've become more open with my relationships. I'm okay with my partners fucking around if they want to, since I'm also going to be fucking around too.
>>
>>18708288
>identifies as hitler
>believes in objective morality

is it getting hot in here or am I just uncomfortable
>>
>>18708294
>no magic number of sexual partners
Yes, there is: 0 until marriage.
>>18708295
It doesn't mean what you think. There is a set of actions that are always wrong, but then there are circumstances that determine degree.
>>
>>18708300
>there is a set of actions that are always wrong
that's just like, your opinion, man
>>
>>18708304
THERE IT IS
Guess what, a society can only function with that. And I don't mean laws, I mean morals.
>>
>>18708311
I said that here
>>18708156

In some ways I do wish He was real
>>
>>18708325
I'm not religious myself, but I my own belief is that God literally is morality.
Humans need to be dominated by something capable of enforcing rules, so it's very convenient to make the rules themselves an entity capable of exerting power.
>>
>>18708326
>pin it on an imaginary entity
convenient until the masses get any amount of unbiased education beyond grammar school
>>
>>18708331
Once they do that, you can indoctrinate them with the morals themselves. Back in the day, without any sort of method of doing so, you had to have a more relatable concept. "God" isn't outdated, just the conception of Him sold to the masses.
>>
>>18708337
>if someone isn't really educated you can just tell them God wills it and they'll believe you
yeah I think that's obvious to anyone who remembers being a child.

what's a mystery is how people like bullshit so much. I would bet at the interrogation table you could get the majority of "religious" people to renounce their faith and admit they didn't read the texts.

and the silly thing is that promiscuity is actually fine. it's the haphazard, reckless, animalistic and inconsiderate way people go about it that is the problem.
>>
>>18708101
>under which conditions the West rose
A great deal of Western aristocrats and nobles, at worst, turned a blind eye towards promiscuous men. Just look at how many influential Western Men either kept mistresses/concubines, or were the sons of them. William the conqueror for example.
>>
File: [REDACTED].jpg (96KB, 314x341px) Image search: [Google]
[REDACTED].jpg
96KB, 314x341px
>>18708061
>I judge
My thoughts are, stop trying to control the way others think and live your own life. I, and most people, prefer to be free so your homogeneous society bullshit will never happen, especially not if the main reason you want it is to be able to shun everyone who is different. As for whether you should be promiscuous yourself, that's up to you to decide, but I personally would prefer it if you weren't, so that your shitty collectivist genes have a lesser chance of spreading
>>
>>18708101
>Consider under which conditions the West rose
One condition: freedom. You can take your desire to enforce your morals on others and stick it up your arse. Or don't, you're a free person, even if you don't want to be
>>
>>18708340
> promiscuity is actually fine. it's the haphazard, reckless, animalistic and inconsiderate way people go about it that is the problem.
The lack of self-awareness here. That's the point, you rattle on about "freedom" and a case-by-case basis, but the vast majority of people are dogshit and need a moral framework. Intellectuals always assume that everyone has a strong internal moral compass, when that couldn't be further from the truth. Call it whatever you want, postmdernist prick, but the fact is that you don't let people decide on their own what is the right thing to do. That doesn't mean you force them to do a certain thing, but you do let them know the consequences of certain actions beforehand.
>>18708774
Promiscuous men, not promiscuous women. And even then, it wasn't something to be flaunted. I hate promiscuity in either gender, since a manwhore still needs another woman to do it, but on a societal level, it is far more harmful when women are hypergamous. It may be surprising to hear, but men and women are not functionally equal.
>>18708812
>freedom
Not the current shitpile we have now. You conflate freedom of action with freedom from judgment. And sexual "freedom" was rightly seen as disastrous. There's a reason why the old laws allowed a man to kill an adulterous spouse.
>inb4justtheman
I'd support giving women the ability to do so as well. Hong Kong allows it, technically, but only if with her bare hands. I would like to expand it.
Both adultery and fornication were criminalized. Now, not so much.

I hate arguing with hedonists.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.