[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would it be irresponsible to buy a $1300 gaming PC as a 20 year

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: ryzen-main.png (146KB, 620x408px) Image search: [Google]
ryzen-main.png
146KB, 620x408px
Would it be irresponsible to buy a $1300 gaming PC as a 20 year old that lives with their parents and makes minimum wage?
>>
You ask this question as if you already know the answer
>>
>>18707850
Sort of. Depends on how poor your parents are. Anyway, look at some gaming PCs that are actually on sale. For a 900-1000$ you can get a slightly future proof one. No need to buy the 1300$ one when it may just fail after a year or so.
>>
20 is still a kid basically. History is on my side with this - all the instances of 18~20 year olds doing awesome things are also instances of stolen kids. First ones to get drafted, first ones to the front line. In WWII in continental Europe, if whatever army shows up first didn't see you as a good conscript then they simply shot you dead on the spot. Bad times.

>Would it be irresponsible to buy a $1300 gaming PC

It's as useless as you are. If you do awesome things with it then it's not useless at all. If you do nothing then you'd still do nothing regardless of what tools you have. This is actually the sweetest part of your life; live it up fool. Your parents are secretly happy that you're not spending the money on catching herpes instead.

Get your own place? Got to get a real job first. There are people over 40 working part time for minimum wage - in every single shithole I visit in southern California. The government is destroying the private sector here like Irma destroys Florida.
>>
Do you have any immediate or upcoming expenses you need the money for?

Since you specifically put "lives with their parents," I assume you don't pay (m)any utilities or rent.

Do you have tuition or any school related expenses to pay?

If not, then you probably can afford to do it. Might it be wise to instead save, invest or go to school with that money? Probably, but hey you only live once and if you think you can get $1300 worth of enjoyment out of it, then maybe it would be a good purchase.
>>
You are 20. Stop playing games, and get a job.
>>
You are going to spend that money on useless shit anyway so might as well spend it on something that can help you get a job and avoid becoming a TV zombie
>>
>>18707850
it it's your money, do whatever you want with it. It's unnecessary, though. I can create a cheaper build for you on pcpartpicker, and you should visit /pcbg/ on /g/: >>>/g/62337523

The PC will be outdated in a year, anyway, no reason to buy a highend machine if you don't have money to waste.
>>
Well first and foremost, what the fuck are you doing buying a prebuilt $1300 gaming PC? You don't need to blow that much on a rig, here, let me save you some money right off the bat and refer you to this: http://www.logicalincrements.com/

Build your own PC, I bet you can get better specs for cheaper. As for 'irresponsible', who gives a shit? It's your money, if it makes you happy, go for it.
>>
As long as you pay rent still it's not irresponsible.
>>
I bought a $1200 gaming PC two years ago while still living with my folks. Then I bought a used car not long after. It all depends how much money you have saved up.

You do have at least $5 grand saved up for a rainy day, right anon?
>>
If it's a desktop, it's ok. I spent 1200$, still going strong 7 years laters.

Also >>18708207
>>
it depends on your goals in life

you like living like that and playing video games? fine, who cares? knock yourself out.

but if you, at any point, have that little worm that eats you inside and tells you "get out and do something more important," then you actually have more things you want in life and being a chubby dude in your mom's basement playing video games is not for you.

in the end, who cares, do what you feel like doing.
>>
>>18707850
Yes, look up on youtube lowspecgamer. Plenty of big game names you can play on way cheaper laptops with adjustments. Or get a console.
>>
File: 1504791952658.jpg (55KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1504791952658.jpg
55KB, 633x758px
>>18707850
I did and I'm still playing the same old shit that was working fine on my older machine
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.