[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Not sure what path to take

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: fork-in-the-road-2-paths.jpg (2MB, 3008x2000px) Image search: [Google]
fork-in-the-road-2-paths.jpg
2MB, 3008x2000px
Hey guys! Hope you're all doing well! I'm in a pretty difficult situation (well for me at least) and I need some advice. Currently, I'm a Wayne State university sophomore. I commute to class every day and head home once class is over. I have my schedule layed out so that I'm there for 2 days with 5 classes. My issue is that I don't feel like I'm getting a good college experience. There isn't much to do on campus because it's in the middle of detroit and student organizations are lacking. Football games are lackluster and the overall experience, for me at least, is not what I want. But, if I stay at Wayne State, the. I have the ability to work as a real estate agent and make money. I enjoy doing that. Real estate is one of my passions and I love working it. So if I stay I can be miserable in school, but I can make money and build my image. Half of me wants to do that. The other half of me wants to try and transfer out to Michigan State or to the university of Michigan (this one is a stretch because u of m is difficult to get into). I most deffinetly will be accepted to msu, but probably not u of m. If I leave however, I will not have time for real estate. However, the tradeoff is that I can have a college experience and enjoy my youth while I can. This has been reading me apart for a while and I don't know what is best. All advice is welcome! Thank you all in advance!
>>
Tearing me apart*
Lmao darn autocorrect is chewing me out today
>>
>>18707798
That so called "youth" and college experiences are good, but as time goes in the long run you'll glad and better off following your own passion.

If you're really that miserable in school, treat it as your job, something you do out of obligation and shit, then start doubling down on your passions.
>>
>>18707798
You are absolutely right that being a commuter at an urban commuter school is not the same as living on-campus in a large residential school.

The differences are almost entirely social, which is not to denigrate them - the fun of dorm living, club joining and just hanging out with others IS a big part of the college experience.

But it is not essential, and you sound like you have your head on straight enough to know that the education is more important than the social elements.

I'd stick it out where you are, and perhaps try a little harder to find what few social opportunities there are. Rather than condensing your time on campus so super efficiently, give yourself some slack time to work in the library of hang around the snack bar and maybe meet people to hang out with.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.