[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

learning programming advice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: fds.png (110KB, 207x191px) Image search: [Google]
fds.png
110KB, 207x191px
yo wuss the best place to learn to programming iyo

i'd google it but i dont trust google people
>>
>>18707746
Codecademy
>>
>>18707746
not a joke, read sicp
if it's too hard, read simply scheme and little scheme
>>
>>18707910
little schemer*
>>
Step 1: Open up your app store and type sololearn. This is exactly the crash course you need; all the necessities with none of the fluff. Textbooks are a bullshit industry which is why they are written to teach poorly. Textbooks aren't really good for teaching.

Step 2: Get a textbook. Leave it on your shelf until you have something to look up. Can't look shit up on the internet because you type something into Google and you get a forum thread where people say 'google it' with no other responses. Textbooks are for looking stuff up. Google is for selling ads.

Step 3: Practice all day every day. You know those videogames you play all day every day to get good? This is kinda like that, but your experience actually counts for something. Figure out something small and easy you want to make, then make ten of them. Then make ten of something else. Learn some libraries then shape them into the big fuckwad mess of crap you're dreaming of making.

Step 4: Look at other people's code. Do you want to get good at ANYTHING AT ALL? Look at people who already got good. Watch youtubes, open programs, download cookbooks. You don't dream of being a big league baseball player without watching any baseball.

Step 5: Set goals and earn your way up to them. Earning is always the hard part. Doesn't matter what the fuck anybody wishes or prefers or wants or cares or imagines; it matters what people DO. If you want to feel alive, look alive.
>>
How to be better than 99% of 'professional' programmers you will encounter.

Break down any problem you're tasked with into smaller tasks. That is, write a series of small functions that solve the problem you're tasked with. Each function should (generally) do just one thing only.

Done, you're officially better than most working programmers.
>>
Codeacademy is shit

Read Thinking in Java
Minecraft mods / server plugins are a good way to do real projects
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.