[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Paying for gf

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (58KB, 650x455px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58KB, 650x455px
Today I went out with my gf. We went to the movies and I paid for both of our tickets. Later, we went to go grab a bite, and I insisted that I were to pay for her food. She said that she thinks it's annoying when I keep insisting to pay for things. She also said that it's weird that I think boys are the ones that should be paying. What does this mean?
>>
You sound like you haven't been dating long enough to call her your girlfriend.
>>
>>18707681
It's been 3 months
>>
>>18707686
And you're still paying for every date?
>>
> it's annoying when I keep insisting to pay for things
> it's weird that I think boys are the ones that should be paying

> What does this mean?
Do you understand English? that's plain English.
>>
It means you do not view yourselves as equals. Let her pay for half the shit you both do, especially if she made those particular planes or chose the restaurant.
>>
>>18707692
not always
>>
>>18707671

She's not wife material. She'll want to be an equal in the household and that shit does not work. You need a leader and a follower in a successful marriage. Not saying that your girl can't do stuff besides being a Stepford Wife, but just from your text she sounds like a feminist dyke and you want to avoid that shit like the plague son.

She finds it annoying because she thinks she's equal to you, which she isn't. She says it's weird because Hillary has convinced her that she's equal to men, and she's not. You won't win with a chick like that.

I pay for everything with my girl and while it hits my wallet a little harder than it should, I don't have to worry about any bullshit that comes from this independent feminist shit.
>>
>>18707757
>I pay for everything with my girl and while it hits my wallet a little harder than it should, I don't have to worry about any bullshit that comes from this independent feminist shit.
>actually thinks he's got something good going here
Wew son
>>
>>18707671
tell her you're naturally generous and can't stand the thought of having her waste funds over meager things
if she's bothered by it, stop dude, you gotta make free will matter
>>
File: 4df.png (120KB, 368x298px) Image search: [Google]
4df.png
120KB, 368x298px
>>18707671
You shouldn't insist, just be open to occasionally surprising her by paying. 4chan does like to say that modern dating is similar to paying for a hooker.
>>
>>18707671
She feels that you're undermining her abilities to take care of her own shit. Like she think she's a strong and independent girl, and don't like to be indebted to you or shit.

Just ignore her and do whatever you feel like to do, since if you're letting her pay she'll just bitch again and call you stingy.
If she still bringing up this issue but accept the money anyways. Ignore her rant. If she's trully independent and strong she'll buy you drink sometimes for change, but if she's just bitching without buying you ignore that fucking hypocrite.
>>
>>18707671
60 years ago the man paid for everything.
40 years ago women began offering or insisting that they pay sometimes, just for the sake of their dignity.
By 30 years ago an informal "You pay sometimes and I'll pay sometimes" arrangement was common.

Now, while the guy is likely to pay for the first couple of dates, by no later than the third the girl should offer to pay or split the bill, and the guy should let her.

Of course special arrangements apply for special occasions or if one is much richer than the other
>>
>>18707671
It means that she's a feminist. Abort.
>>18707757
this.
>>
>>18707757

You're getting fucked over harder than the OP. Your girlfriend is probably an entitled individual who will stop following you the moment you can no longer provide for her. I can't believe you're not able to see that.

OP, it's highly likely that she's just playing the female card and trying to highlight to you that she's aware you're paying for everything but "she isn't like that". The proof is in the pudding - does she go to pay first? If you go out for dinner, does she instantly pay without asking? If she doesn't, then it's all lip service. She loves the fact you're paying, she just doesn't want you to know that and think badly of her.

My partner and I tend to take turns paying for anything we do. It's more or less equal and I am very happy with this.
>>
>>18707671
it means what she says it means. pay for her sometimes as a treat, let her pay for you sometimes if she wants, the rest of the time just pay for your own shit.
once you've actually been dating for a while, you'll find a good balance of "i've got this one, you get the next one"

also it'll make her feel more special if you decide to take her out on a nice date and pay for all her stuff every so often. doing that only once a month/once every few months will make her feel more special than if you do it all the time
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.