[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ettiquette for asking out coworkers?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: 1469347131074.jpg (97KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1469347131074.jpg
97KB, 720x960px
Ettiquette for asking out coworkers?
>>
What work?
>>
>>18707356
Don't.
>>
>>18707356
You should really only do it if you have something valuable to offer, like concert tickets or something else she likes. Otherwise the idea of socializing with coworkers when you're not on the clock usually sounds pretty distasteful. Also it's a big risk for your reputation. Women are not shy about making fun of you around the water cooler if they shoot you down, believe me.
>>
>>18707356
Don't do it.
What's more important to you, your job or that particular vagina?
>>
>>18707356
Etiquette?

nigga same as any other person. Don't try to be a pick up artist about it and just plainly state you'd like to go somewhere with them. If they say no,oh well, unless you're a well known gigantic failure it won't really affect anything when they gossip about it.

But even so dating your coworkers is a flat mistake you don't wanna make. It really burns out your enthusiasm to see them, the two of you basically get no time apart to build yourselves with unique people and settings to deal with and sometimes you can clash hard on how good of a job either of you are doing as it may or may not affect them.
>>
>>18707554
What if she could be his future wife and give him a lifetime of happiness? That's a pretty important vagina.
>>
>>18707695
www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gaid72fqzNE
>>
We're in the same boat OP. Except that we work on different shifts and department so I barely see her in the office. Bumping for responses as well. Shes Korean and I really dig her. I'm asking her out this week though we barely speak with each other. Just eye glances everytime we meet.
>>
>>18707379
Data entry
>>18707393
I don't see why I should let my co-workers opinions of me stop doing what I want. It's not going to harm anything else.
>>18707554
I'm not going to get fired.
>>
Depends on the work. If it's some thousand employees international corporation, it's ok, nobody gives a shit. But if it's a small local business or a hospital, my advice is NO, never!
>>
>>18708365
100 people, we work in the same (although large, 200sqm) room, do not need to interact.
>>
>>18708511
If you don't need to work together than I guess it's fine to ask her out.
>>
>>18708511
>do not need to interact.

Then how do you know her?
>>
>>18708833
during training, the person who finished with their tasks first would take half of the other persons tasks.
>>
>>18708851

How do you know she is single, then? And how would you ask her out?
>>
>>18708866
I don't. If she says no, she says no, it doesn't really matter why. During a lunch break/after work, I guess?
>>
>>18708880
>During a lunch break/after work, I guess?

Do you ever have lunch with her? Do you ever leave work with her?
>>
>>18708882
I know when she takes her lunch and I've sometimes had lunch during her. I don't yet leave work at the same time as her. That's just poitnless logistics. I know not to come off as a creep dude, I've asked out girls before. I'm just new to office romance. Just wanted to know if there's faux pas I don't know about.
>>
>>18708886
>Just wanted to know if there's faux pas I don't know about.

That's what I'm trying to gauge. Some people go clubbing with coworkers after their shifts, some don't. So I wanted to know where you were before saying what I thought.

>I know when she takes her lunch

That, though, sound creepy when said that way. Next time lead with this next part:

> I've sometimes had lunch during her.

How? Do you hang out? Did she come to you? Did you go to her? Did a friend/colleague of either of you invite you to the table? Have you had lunch alone with her?
>>
>>18708896
>How?
Common rest room
>Do you hang out?
No, but that's because I rarely eat my lunch there and if I do I'm either sharing food with friends or reading.
>Did she come to you?
Nope. Busy as hell. I'm fairly sure I'm in the neutral zone with her, hard to tell without physical contact. She does say hello whenever we bump into each other and I'm not wearing headphones.
>Did you go to her? Did a friend/colleague of either of you invite you to the table? Have you had lunch alone with her?
Nope, nope and nope

I don't think she's overtly interested, nor is she explicitly not interested. Might as well ask and get it over with.
>>
File: 1359550487867.jpg (73KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
1359550487867.jpg
73KB, 720x540px
>Asking out co-workers
>Get to enjoy the awkwardness every day
>Get to enjoy people talking behind your back
>Be forced to be in that place for 8 hours a day every week

I hope you guys don't do this.
>>
>>18708906
>Might as well ask and get it over with.

See, that's where you start leaning into the "faux pas" part. If she never gave you a show of interest, you are saying to her, and to all your female coworkers, that you need to invitation to make a move.

Maybe nothing happens. Asking someone out is not groping them. But she will probably avoid you afterwards, and it might spread to more females. Which will make it harder to get another shot at some girl later on. And you still risk she getting offended. You can't control how other people react and you don't know her at all.

This dude has it right >>18708911. Following your description, this would be a "faux pas", as you call it.
>>
>>18707356
Does she flirt or show signs of interest? If not, fuck off dude. If yes do it back.
>>
>>18707742
>Make creepy eye glances
>Never broke the ice but want to ask out like some middle schooler
Breaking the fucking ice, smile, be subtle and take it slow. Don't show how socially retarded you are.
>>
>>18708917
I'd rather be ostracized then develop some sort of stupid oneitis.
>>
>>18709170

Yeah, so you want to ask her out to get it off your chest, then. You don't know her, don't know what will happen, it just bothers yuo so much you want to say it. Too late, then, you already have oneitis.

Ask out someone you know, someone that's into you. Don't ask strangers out.
>>
Don't shit where you eat.

There was one girl in the social group that had severe oneitis with a guy at her work. Told her straight up DONT DO IT. So of course, she does, attempts to at least.

Instead the chump she's after starts using her to get to my girlfriend, at the time. He played a good game but it inevitably broke me and the ex up and crashed the whole group dynamic.

Told my buddy, this is your group now, I'm gone. See ya. Wanted nothing to do with it anymore.
>>
>>18709229
I have no plans on manipulating anyone or being manipulated. I'm self-aware enough to not let that happen to me.
>>18709175
You're probably right, but this is the easiest way for me to deal with this.

Thanks for the posts everyone, I mean it. I'm going to do it anyway, but I'm keeping in mind that it's a shitty idea.
>>
>>18707695
>what if hollywood fairy tales come true
doesn't happen my man.
This world is meant for people strong enough to carry out their wills.
Bumping into things in a whimsical manner is for women and faggots, love is a meme, etc.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.