[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help me control myself?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

File: fullmetalalchemist.jpg (25KB, 564x812px) Image search: [Google]
fullmetalalchemist.jpg
25KB, 564x812px
I find it very hard for me to leave the computer once i start doing something on it, wether it be playing useless games or watching useless tv shows i'm wasting my time either way.
I need to come up with a plan to make myself a better person.
So far i only have 2 goals in life with quite a few obstacles.
1.Having my dream body(which is achievable in around 1-1.5 years from my current decent body).
2.Writing a book.
Now the main obstacle is time seeing as i joined college i'll have to do something for it, maybe socialize a bit as well.
And another one being time since not only do i study i also work, only on weekends now but for 10 hours so i lose quite a bit.
And i have to work cus i need money cus i live alone due to some unfortunate circumstances.
I'm not gonna chase girls for now because they're a waste of time.
So the question is.
How do i make myself set aside 2-3 hours each day for the things i dream of when i have so little drive?
I fear it might be the computer but it's always been a big part of my life i can't just abandon it.
Need help.
>>
Put a thing on your PC so you can only use it for a couple of hours a day, like anti-child lock thing.
It's fine if you know how to get around it or have the password to unlock it. The trick is to add that extra barrier.
A barrier that doesn't have to be high but does need to be able to completely stop you.

It will help.
>>
>How do I make myself set aside 2-3 hours each day for the things I dream of when I have so little drive?
Come up with goals that you really care about. You should be open to the possibility that you don't actually care that much about the dreams you thought you had. So sit down and really think about and write down what you want to do with your life and WHY. You need to reason through why these goals matter so much to you because when you're tempted to just say "fuck it" and vegetate in front of your computer, you'd better be able to convince yourself that moving toward your goals is more important. I think this lack of motivation is often due to not being clear to yourself about what your goals actually are and not having a plan.
So after you've given yourself goals and a clear, concrete plan to work toward them, schedule your time. Be sure to schedule time to play games or whatever if you think you'll miss doing that. You don't have to give up any of these things that have been a part of your life, but you need to give yourself time for the other things you believe are important. Following the schedule will require discipline, which is the hard part. But if you gave yourself goals that you actually give a shit about, then you'll have an easier time.
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.