[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

First job interview on tuesday. Any advice?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: CjTmVRAWEAEVtFN.jpg (55KB, 600x451px) Image search: [Google]
CjTmVRAWEAEVtFN.jpg
55KB, 600x451px
First job interview on tuesday. Any advice?
>>
File: HNICMARIETTA.jpg (4KB, 170x128px) Image search: [Google]
HNICMARIETTA.jpg
4KB, 170x128px
>>18706080
Overdress
Shave/groom
Smile
Look at them in the eye
Give a nice firm handshake (if you aren't confident in your handshake then practice. SQUEEZE the sucker)
Arrive early.... 20 minutes minimum
Be prepared to answer questions (What difference would you make for this company? Tell me about yourself. etc)
DO NOT RAMBLE!!!!! (Don't applogize excessively. Try not to period. Confidence my man).

Good luck. Be confident.
>>
>>18706080
Consider what you would answer as your strengths/weaknesses. Why would you like this particular job? Answering I just need a job is not a good answer, take a look at their homepage/advertising and figure how you would fit in and how you could contribute to the company is better. Good Luck! Stay cool!
>>
Ask really thoughtful questions that prompt introspection. As an example, when I interviewed for my current position one of the questions I asked one of my interviewers was how the values of the company aligned with theirs. I've found that people generally enjoy thinking and/or answering "difficult questions" about themselves that require careful consideration. Obviously tie it into the context of the job/career and if you're not genuinely interested at least feign interest when asking it.
>>
>>18706093
I was probably gonna wear a button up and khakis, maybe a tie. The company attire isn't too formal, just polo shirts and pants. I don't think I need to wear a suit.
>>18706111
I've already talked to them over the phone and they asked questions like that. I feel like I did pretty good, but was still a little nervous.
>>
>>18706093
don't
do
do
do
do
don't
do
don't

and lastly, do.
>>
>>18706185
At the end of the interview, they'll ask if you have any questions. Try to have at least one. I usually ask like, what would you say is the ideal candidate for the position? Do you have any questions about my application? When can I expect to here from you next?
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.