[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would you abort your unborn child if they had a disability?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

Would you abort your unborn child if they had a disability?

>you're approaching the abortion cutoff point >you find out your unborn child will have a disability but the doctor can't work out how severe it will be.
>You might be aborting a kid with down's syndrome or a kid with only two different coloured eyes.

What do you do? The child was conceived through IVF and is the only chance you'll have of having a child as it's too expensive to try again. (in this scenario imagine you're a normie who wants kids in the first place)
Explain your position please, I have to write a paper on it urgh. I'll include all you fuckers in the bibliography
>>
File: lnft2fy.png (127KB, 237x239px) Image search: [Google]
lnft2fy.png
127KB, 237x239px
OP personally I'd abort it because I'd rather have no kid than have a waste of space
>>
>>18705754
>do my homework, guys
Seriously?

I wouldn't abort. I don't know how exactly I would feel when I actually found myself in that position, but right now I'm saying that I would never abort because it's still a human being. However, raising someone like this would be extremely fucked up and depressive:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ayt465ueRgM

I would probably have him put in some type of daycare.
>>
>>18705754
Does /tv/ really need anymore posters?
>>
>>18705754
I'd have it just to see it and then If it came out wrong I'd kill it. Babies die extremely easy out of neglect, "accidents" with them happen way more than you think
>>
As far as I know, medical science can differntiate between heterochromia and down syndrome in utero. So your scenario isn't realistic. Is it not supposed to be.

Short answer: I will always abort on suspicion of congenitial defects
>>
>>18705779
kek
>>
>you find out your unborn child will have a disability but the doctor can't work out how severe it will be.
>You might be aborting a kid with down's syndrome or a kid with only two different coloured eyes.

Heterochromia isn't a disability, it's a mutation. Disability implies that they'll struggle with day-to-day living through a birth defect, not getting tons of pussy at the clubs when they're older.

Yes, I would opt to convince whatever poor girl decided to conceive a child with me to abort the kid. I'd sooner adopt than bring someone to life for them (and to a lesser extent myself and my wife) to suffer.
>>
>>18705754
Depends on the disability. If it's severe autism or born limbless, of course I would.
>>
If it's severe then yeah, probably abort. Can't say how I'd feel in that situation when it would be my own child, but I don't think anyone deserves to live a life of suffering. It's not a conscious being who will care either way yet. I would personally rather not be born than live severely disabled.
>>
>>18705754
I'm torn between raising a child whose quality of life will be worse than their peers or give them unconditional love, but that would be selfish. I can't imagine what's it like to be disabled in this world, I'm normal yet I'm miserable all the time.
I wouldn't want to impose the harshness of this world on a disabled child.
>>
>>18705754

I would abort if it were 100% my choice. I'm uncomfortable enough as is with kids and likely won't have any, but if it got to that point where I was making this decision, I would have to think back on the families I know that have had to deal with disabled children.

For example, I know a family that adopted. Their first son was a great experience and they were very happy, and they decided to have another. However, it turned out the mother was lying and was doing drugs and drinking throughout the pregnancy, and the child came out severely brain damaged.

He had to sit in a room that was completely blocked out by sunlight, he would fly into wild fits of rage, he couldn't do anything at all for himself really. The stress basically led to their divorce.

I couldn't handle that, nor could I handle a kid who was maybe a little more mentally capable of that, but permanently deformed or something and then have to watch them go through life depressed that they can't live the same life as their peers.
>>
>>18705754
It entirely depends on what disability. Amniocentesis can tell if it's down's or a large number of other genetic disorders. In your premise you wouldn't know what disability but IRL you would probably have a fairly good idea, if not an idea of the severity. In your premise it does specify IVF though so in all probability I'd look up the condition and see if it's something we knew we could feasibility pay for and provide adequate care, then sure I'd want to keep it.
>>
Having grown up with several cousins with disabilities, I'd abort it before the doctor could spit the whole diagnostic
>>
I would abort them no matter fucking what

fuck kids, annoying little shits

also this world isnt worth it for them
>>
I would, I mean if I were an actual tard, not just a retard that browses 4chan, I'd not want to exist
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.