[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I went to a crowded restaurant last night to pick up a to-go

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 2

File: 0532294669.gif (2MB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
0532294669.gif
2MB, 400x300px
I went to a crowded restaurant last night to pick up a to-go order.
There was a table full of college girls.
Two of them kept checking me out as I waited.

My question is,
In a crowded restaurant, is it acceptable to walk up to a full table in the middle of an open floor-space (not a place to mingle) and introduce yourself to strangers--if it's girls who may or may not be checking you out?

It wasn't a bar, it was a restaurant people go to before they go to the bar, so buying them drinks would be out of the question.
>>
No, it wouldn't have been appropriate. It might've worked, stranger things have happened, but I give it a 75% chance of ending really awkwardly.
>>
>>18705751
t. autist

It's acceptable if you think it's acceptable, OP. They're not going to call the police on you for talking to them at a restaurant.
>>
>>18705751
That was my feeling as well.
The place was loud, I would have needed to yell for them to hear me, and I'd have to introduce myself to the entire table (6-8 of them) when I was just going for 1 or 2. The only way I could see it working, was if I casually walked up and asked if they were going to a party or something after, and maybe we could meet up. However, then I'd still have the chance of them either rejecting me, or not showing up.
It was a bad scenario.

>>18705761
I used to think like you.
If you're thinking in extremes, then no, they wouldn't call the police, but it was a bad situation whether I was confident or not.
>>
>>18705761
You're going to write
>It's acceptable if you think it's acceptable
...but then call me an autist?

Every college freshmen who has a few pieces of drunk trim thrown at him thinks he's The fucking Guy. I've forgotten more girls than you've had birthdays, hombre.

Sure, you miss all the shots you don't take. That doesn't mean you're supposed to shoot at everything.
>>
>>18705743
bump
>>
>>18705773
OP feeling shame and awkwardness is pointless in the long run
you've a short life don't waste it feeling bad about a few times you've fucked up .
>>
>>18706001
Let's play your game.

I ask you how the situation would pan out.
You give me a brief, overly generalized synopsis of how you think it would play out.
Is this a reality?
No, it probably isn't.

So, how would you initiate the situation?
See the OP for details.

Because let me tell you something, the women would feel awkward.
Even if I extended the conversation and took full control, they would feel awkward and the interaction would go no where.
>>
>>18706001
Dude, I fucked up plenty learning game. Pick your battles, though.

I know a few girls who would be flattered, I know a lot more who would be very annoyed at best. In fact, it happens when me and some of these girls go out, because dudes assume that one of them is single.

It's usually obnoxious.
>>
>>18706099
You be fair, they're not usual eyeballing the guys beforehand.
>>
>>18706106
But what do you say to them?
>>
>>18705743

Uh yeah.

>Walk up
>Hi hows it going
>What are you girls up to tonight

Boom. Try it some time.
>>
>>18705743
Everything is acceptable if you're not autistic.
>>
>>18706026

I've done this exact thing a few times. It's a 50/50 shot. Half the time they will be cool and roll with it, the other half the time it will be awkward and you'll have to excuse yourself and walk away.

If the girls were making eye contact that's usually a clear indicator they are open to an approach. And I don't mean like a quick glance, I mean they were clearly checking out OP.
>>
>>18706265
So, conversely, everything an autistic does is not acceptable?

Come on dude, OP was right, the situation wasn't great.
>>
>>18706273
I caught eye contact with them multiple times.

I don't know how the approach would have gone.
As I said previously, the restaurant was packed, loud, and I was waiting on a to-go order and there was no place to sit down, so people picking up to-go orders were already standing around awkwardly, including myself.

If I were to approach to them, I'd have to raise my voice, and acknowledge all of the girls at the table of 6+.
As much as I wanted it to work, I don't think that it could have unless I was really brazen and really stupid. Even then, I think it would have ended poorly.
>>
>>18706282
>So, conversely, everything an autistic does is not acceptable?
Actually yes.

If you're attractive or confident, you can get away with anything. If OP was attractive and went up to one girl and talked to just her, she would feel like the hottest girl in the group, women love that. If you're ugly or autistic you could be in the "ideal situation" and it's still up to how low her self esteem is at the moment.

The question isn't "is this situation right" it is "am I right for the situation". As soon as you realize this and make an accurate assessment of yourself your life will get simpler.
>>
>>18706305
The fuck out of here with that armchair psychology horse shit.
>>
>>18706199
To who, the people who bother us? I tell them to fuck off
>>
>>18706336
>t. bull-dyke modern feminist
>>
>Sure, you miss all the shots you don't take. That doesn't mean you're supposed to shoot at everything.
>it's still up to how low her self esteem is at the moment.
>The fuck out of here with that armchair psychology horse shit.
This thread is pure gold.
>>
Just because I look at an attractive guy, doesn't mean I want to talk to him.
>>
>>18706353
I'm a 27 year old male. Do you really believe your advances are welcomed by all but the most hyperbolized person you can imagine?

Got some news for you homeboy, men and women think you're a faggot in equal measure.
>>
>>18706898
you're a pure fag

>>18706913
Then stop looking at me and getting eye contact multiple times, and turning around in your chair to do it.

>>18707089
KEK
Big league cuck.
>>
>>18707560
>Do you really believe your advances are welcomed by all but the most hyperbolized person you can imagine?

So, no
>>
>>18705743
Source for the chick?
>>
>>18707968
>>18705743
Yeah op pass the source
>>
How does this even happen?
When I go to a restaurant by myself nobody looks at me
>>
>>18705743
Sauce?
>>
>>18708789
Nigga there is a google search embedded in the fucking website
>>
>>18708818
Nothing came out of it senpai
>>
>>18705761
>It's acceptable if you think it's acceptable,

In what world are you living?
>>
Life is short and there are finite opportunities. Sometimes you have to do things other people would consider inappropriate to get the results you want or to take advantage of once in a lifetime possibilities. Talk to people and ask how they got together with their mates. You'll find that many of those relationship started because one person stepped out or showed interest in a situation where they had little rational reason to think it would work out. I mean you ask advice here on if it's appropriate or not and many people will tell you no, but how many of these people actually go after what they want in life? Like one girl said just because she looks at a guy doesn't mean she's interested and you may take that to heart. But what's her experience? If she's a decently attractive girl she probably rarely has to approach anyone it really put herself out there. Then you have the guys here who have clearly bought into a certain subculture's rhetoric and live a sexless, romanceless life pining after girls they'll never get and going on months or years long dry spells. Treat people right and display good character but don't be so worried about "the rules" that you miss opportunities.
>>
>>18705743
i have a friend who worked at a mcdonalds drive-through and met a dude. Dude came back on weekends and would ask for her specifically if she wasn't the one at the drive-through. They're engaged now. Take from that what you will.
>>
>>18708891
That's good advice, probably the best in the thread.

>>18708861
>>18708789
>>18707994
>>18707968
Sorry, I forgot the source, I saved this gif a few years ago.
If I remember, she was some generic cam whore from chaturbate.
>>
File: vince-mcmahon-walk-gif-154.gif (1007KB, 300x180px) Image search: [Google]
vince-mcmahon-walk-gif-154.gif
1007KB, 300x180px
>>18705743

Next time announce loudly that your order is to-go. Gotta let people know you're a busy guy. Grab whatever container your meal comes in like you don't care, a barbaric whip off of the counter like a towel on a hanger right out of the shower. Dig those fingers in. You don't care, you're just keeping up appearances and trying to look like a hungry guy too busy to care but infact you're too busy to be busy and you've got places to be like those college girls. Walk past their table like pic related, but drag the container on just the edge as you pass, maybe rustling it a bit to show you have food. Make eye contact with the heaviest one present. She's the one you gotta impress, she's the gatekeeper and protector. If done right you're in.
>>
>>18709007
You're the type of fag that thinks life is one big joke?
You've got nothing to lose?
Fuck it?
>>
>>18709048

There's a time and place for everything but I think a good chuckle, even at yourself or the absurdity of your current worries, is healthy.
>>
>>18705743
Speaking of restaurants who here likes Ratatouille? I think that the movies main point is to reply to this post or your mom dies in her sleep tonight.
https://youtu.be/YWi0GNGbyI4
>>
>>18709067

Reply to this post or your mom dies in her sleep tonight.
>>
>>18709076
:')
>>
>>18709007
Lmao damn
>>
I am with OP on this. High chances that it would have ended awkwardly
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.