[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I know there are a couple threads similar to this one but my

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

I know there are a couple threads similar to this one but my situation is a bit different so I figured I'd post my own.

I'm college educated and working as a business professional in finance. Problem is, I don't like business people. I have nearly nothing in common with your average wage slave, and socializing is a chore, especially with pettiness everywhere. I'm also not interested in money at all.

I've had too comfy of a childhood and lack discipline. I also hate myself and would like to casually throw my life away. I'm pretty well-versed in military history and geopolitics because it's a hobby of mine, and the military would take control of my life so I wouldn't have to make any decisions or waste away doing what I don't enjoy.

Should I join the military as an officer? I've always been athletic so that's not an issue. No health problems.
>>
>>18704599

It's a trap man, don't do it.
>>
Not in the military. Had a few friends and acquaintances join the service, and 4/5 of them regretted it. But they were enlisted, so their experiences may or may not be relevant.

They joined for similar reasons as you. I ended up asking them if though their time, they really discovered what they wanted to do in life, and again, most of them said 'no'. They said the military will gave you discipline and a broader perspective (take away your nagging first world problems), but at a severe cost of your sanity and individuality. You'll learn how to be punctual and do your duties, but they'll break you down, and it'll be like coming out of a trash compactor once you're done.

Things you may already know. Most NCOs and enlists will hate your guts for being the smarty pants guy in charge, who didn't have to get his hands dirty. Obviously, you'll no be paid as well as the civilian business world, but if you have any loans, then at least they'll repay them (it's sitll not a worthwhile trade off).

You're best of trying to connect with any current or former officers. Look up military forums/subreddits. They will be able to give you a more complete answer on whether it'll be worth it for you.
>>
US Marine vet here. Go army SF, just don't join the Marines. Best thing I ever did, yet would not wish that fate on my worst enemy
>>
>>18704599
If you work 40 hours a week and sleep 8 hours a night, that leaves you 72 hours a week to have a life in. Have your life there, and treat work as just the price you pay for the satisfactions you have elsewhere
>>
>>18704609
>>18704662
>>18704677
>>18705209
Thank you all for your feedback. I think I need to try to at least find some things I enjoy outside of work before I make a decision.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.