[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Guy friends

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

How do i make guy friends so i can go hang out and do like bro stuff. I'm fucking awkward around guys and can never think of anything to converse about. I would go as far as to say most of my social skills are invested in flirting but i want friends not fucks.
>Am i shallow? if so how can i be more interesting.
> am i just an autist
> I rushed with a frat but even after rushing i still felt out of place and awkward so i didn't pledge.
/adv/?
>>
>>18703856
And i mean flirting as in girls btw
>>
Just treat them like they're girls
>>
Weird problem.
Maybe you're attractive but not very interesting?
>>
>>18703863
last time that happened things went sour guy got the wrong idea and just outright blocked me cause i rejected his advances i knew him all through highschool
>>
File: 1487417149043.png (332KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1487417149043.png
332KB, 900x900px
Btw. i'll cite my therapist:

>On being more outgoing
"- How would you describe people you know, which are more socially outgoing than you are?"
"- They don't seem to care so much about how others perceive them".
"-Exactly.."

>On overthinking
"- The best way to avoid overthinking things, is to focus your attention on the outside world. That is because the human brain cannot focus on several things at once, so if you become more aware of things happening around you, you won't be able to overthink as much".
>>
>>18703889
well idk if its because im not outgoing cause ill put myself in social situations no doubt but i just dont have anything to say and if i do manage to pull something out its a ded end convo
>>
Men don't want to be friends with women. Put out or fuck off.
>>
>>18703856
Unless you are willing to talk and be interested in same/similar stuff like them and are natural about it, guys will never consider you a "bro".

Guys think differently than gals, unless they are some beta cucks, so don't think it'll be easy to find a group of guys you could just fit into without changing your behaviour and interests around them, or they will always think about you as a potential fuck and not a "bro" they can talk freely with.

There's a reason why "Bros before hoes." exist.
>>
>>18703871
Talk to guys that are looking for friendship

>>18703896
I do, I'm not attracted to women though
>>
>>18703896
im a dude
>>
>>18703894
Things people talk about:
- News
- The weather
- Events (at a college you usually have parties and other things going on all the time)
- Where you live
- How you travel to you worplace/college/whatever
- What you ate for lunch (an that is also an opportunity to invite people to have lunch with you, try this new place etc.)
- Movies or other media
- Special interests (if you realize you have something in common, try talking about that)
>>
>>18703915
ffs, dude, how about you state that clearly next time?

How you wrote about yourself and your situation was ambiguous af.
>>
>>18703919
I forgot
- What time of year it is

You can start a conversation by saying
"And so it's fall again.."
Dunno how that sounds in English, but my landlord once did that..
>>
>>18703919
i think i kind have exhausted these already
i mean ive only been at school a week and ran through some of these twice
>>
>>18703931
People can be hard to get close to.
Hopefully you guys will have some courses together and you'll be forced to work in a group.

Don't colleges in america have freshman stuff/team building.

When i went to college, that was the best part of the entire thing.. i mean, the first 2 weeks when we were forced to all kinds of crazy shit in groups, like flash mobs and measuring a mall with our bodies.

This was 10 years ago, but we had a lan party.

I got close to some guys, just by spending a weekend locked up in a room playing video games.

And then we also went to bars and shit, because you can do that at 18 where i live.

We had many parties, involving alcohol .. you know, long tables and singing songs and stuff.
>>
>>18703941
Ehhh its my first year at uni but im a transfer so i skipped all the freshman activities, i dont live in the dorms or in town for the most part so theres no one nearby, also i dont get my fake id till november
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.