[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Need Lawfag Advice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0243.jpg (276KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0243.jpg
276KB, 1600x900px
So last Saturday my friend bought a powerball ticket at 9:15 C.T. He chose the numbers himself instead of doing the quick pick and got all 6 numbers. The Texas Lotto office said his ticket is invalid since they're supposed to stop selling them at 9. Would taking this to court be anything but a waste of time or is there a good chance he has a case since he bought it before the drawing and chose the numbers?
>>
Could have some sort of suit against the establishment that sold it to you.. Just speculation. I don't study law or anything.
>>
>>18703466
Any board on here that probably has some lawfags?
>>
>>18703411
If you're too poor to actually hire a real lawyer, then the chances of you getting anywhere are 0. Most lawyers will give you an opinion on whether your case has value/merit.
>>
>>18703612
But if the lawyer was confidant that they could win and get whatever million dollars than he wouldn't be poor and the lawyer could get paid.
>>
>>18703625
People don't work for the promise of money
If they do, they're an idiot
>>
>>18703625
a lawyer will only take a case on contingency if they think they'll win, which is why you should talk to one instead of jacking off on 4chinz.
>>
>>18703629
>People don't work for the promise of money

Never heard of a no win no fee basis? Lots of lawyers only get paid if they win.
>>
>>18703629
Lawyers do when they are sure they are winning a case you dipshit
>>
>>18703411
It would be best to pay a lawyer for consulation on the matter. Also, tell your friend to read through these:

https://www.txlottery.org/export/sites/lottery/About_Us/Meetings/index.html
https://www.txlottery.org/export/sites/lottery/Documents/Retailer_Guide_Web.pdf

However, if you look at the site:
https://www.txlottery.org/export/sites/lottery/Games/Powerball/
it clearly states:
> Ticket sales are not available during Draw Break, from 9:00 - 10:15 p.m.
So I don't think he has much of a case against the lottery itsef, but he might go after the retail. Although, he probably won't get much from it. Might take the issue to the newspaper, but eh.
>>
>>18703674
No point in going after the retail since it's just some Abu's family business.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.