[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Living advice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (865KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
865KB, 3264x2448px
What's there to live for? You just get older with time until you shrivel and wither away into obscurity.

The older I get, the more dull and painful life appears to be. How the fuck does anyone live day happily? It's a monotone hum.

Why live?
>>
File: suicide booths.png (76KB, 200x251px) Image search: [Google]
suicide booths.png
76KB, 200x251px
>>18703277
Ice cream is pretty good.
>>
>>18703293
So life really does just suck?
What's stopping you from killing your self?
>>
File: 1498676072922.jpg (157KB, 610x860px) Image search: [Google]
1498676072922.jpg
157KB, 610x860px
Woman can be pretty good.
>>
>>18703277
take no responsibility for how miserable your life is and you're gonna stay miserable until you die, whether at an old age or next week by suicide

cheers
>>
>>18703358
>>18703358
Alright, I appreciate your bluntness.

How does one take responsibility of their lives? Especially when it comes to things that are out of the individual's control (hurricanes, death of parents, poverty, etc.)
>>
>>18703372
>hurricanes
In a situation like New Orleans, just move on. In the case of Houston, maybe be patient and see what happens.

>death of parents
Try to handle the grief in the best way you can, and try to maintain good relationships with friends. It might help to have friends and mentors who are older than you.

>poverty
Start making money.

Condolences if any of these things are happening to you. I was displaced (not by a hurricane), my parents most of the time might as well not exist, and I am poor. Hopefully people who struggle with serious external issues can lessen their pain and eventually overcome.

Personally, I used to want to die every day, but I haven't felt that way in a year. I'm a few hundred dollars from being officially out of poverty, but looking at my priorities, I'll be making much more than that. We're blessed to be living in a part of the world where that is possible.

If you're ever feeling socioeconomically stuck try talking to a friendly local Jewish person. If you ever feel like you're in a philosophical slump, try talking to a nerd (an academic one, not a neckbeard).
>>
>>18703353
sweet jesus dem tiddies
>>
>>18703388
>few hundred dollars away from being out of poverty
I meant to say a few hundred dollars monthly. Shit, look at that mental slip. this is why you need to talk to a Jewish person.
>>
>>18703277
Yes the to be or not to be speech is about 400 years old now.

Well if youre going to be the nihilist then im going to support you with a perspective you can take or leave at your will.

Youre right. Its pointless. A long time ago carbon got together with some other atoms and formed a complex chemical compound that sucks up energy and makes copies of itself.

Billions of years later, you. You are a chemical.

But thats where the beauty is. You are capable of being happy and feeling actualised, and youre here, so why the fuck not strive for it?

Life gets monotonous because of many reasons. Your friends fall out of contact, you get too busy with your job and maintaining your life to enjoy yourself, and every day goes on repeat.

The trick is to break that. It is completely within your power to try new things. Take up a new sport like archery or martial arts or paintball and if you have fun get into it in a huge way.

Learn a new craft or skill on YouTube at home and start building furniture and selling it in your spare time. Or try to invent a sauce and go sell it at the farmers market.

Just change jobs for a new environment because fuck it.

Move far away.

Find a new friend group on meet.me or reddit or wherever you can.

Join a weird ass sex club and get into some freaky kinks.

Do drugs (not stimulants. Youll be worse off by the end of that shit.)

Just keep yourself guessing man. The world is fucking amazing outside of your life, and something will reinvigorate you. In fact, something you dont know about is a 15 minute drive up the street and if you only found it you wouldnt be here asking us this question.

Just go learn stuff.

...btw if this is depression, you have about 6 months before its hardwired and you need medical care and possibly professional help to counter it, so dont waste any time.
>>
>>18703277
>Why live?
Because death sucks more.

And life almost anywhere and in any time period sucked even more.
>>
>>18703403
How valid is this? Are Jewish people an actual, reliable resource on fiscal health?
>>
>>18703419
It may be depression...

Fuck, how would you even know? Better yet, how could I find out if I have depression? I've been feeling this way for about a year now.

But I understand your message, even if life may be meaningless it's even more fruitless to deny the possibilities around us at all times.
>>
>>18703539
As stereotypical as it sounds, most Jewish dudes and dudettes I've met are really good at budgeting.
>>
>>18703539
>>18703573
Jewish people are raised to see the world as a realm of financial possibilities, which it is.
>>
>>18703419
This.

>>18703546
It could very well be depression. I was in it for about 7 years, no medication, no therapy. I was a complete nihilist. Granted it started when I was very little due to some events when I was young. I have to agree with >>18703419 on some level regarding hardwiring. I did manage to pull myself out of it, but it doesn't ever really just go away. And I know it's because I was stuck with it for so long, those biological switches in my brain are jammed. It takes a lot of work to stay happy. If it is depression, you're still fairly early on in it. It's not too late to reverse the process, I think.

You need to find your own purpose, because objectively? There is no real purpose to life, the only purpose is what we create for ourselves. That doesn't make it any less meaningful, but understand that no one is going to be able to just tell you what will make life worth living for you. You do it yourself.

As far as finding out if you have depression, the internet is a good place to start. Research it, there's dozens, if not hundreds of different kinds of depressions, but they all have fairly common symptoms.
>>
>>18703546
Depression is characterized by not finding enjoyment in things you used to, lack of motivation, fatigue, laziness, hopelessness, and suicidal thoughts. Also you dont necessarily feel "sad". Just "blah".

It is very much chemical in nature. If you havent had it your whole life you can probably fix it by being proactive (hard as that may be) and pushing yourself into new exciting activities and breaking your routine.

However as i said, a year is quite awhile. You may need medication, because your neural pathways and chemical receptors have embedded deep into it. Anything over 6 months is medically diagnoseable as clinical

A doctor can give a diagnosis, but honestly its pretty straight forward, you can self diagnose it pretty easily if you arent a teenager looking for attention.

For now look for other causes. Lack of consistent full sleep, shitty diet, alcoholism, or poor fitness could all be potential culprits.

Given your story though ill bet you're stuck in a loop bored as hell and overly sedentary. Thatll do it bruv.
>>
>>18703339
I enjoy being alive. Fap, book, movie, ice cream, good workout, talking with friends about memes, cuddling girl, it all pumps dopamine into my head as a reward mechanism.

If for whatever reason it isnt enough for you to stay alive, you probably have depression and should seek psycholog and try CBT with him.
>>
>>18703960
CBT?
>>
I live for my own entertainment. As long as I'm doing something to challenge myself, I remain entertained. Idc how inconsequential the challenge I've overcome is, it's gratification I'd otherwise not have had.

Overcoming fear is one of the best feelings.
>>
>>18704297
Different fag.

Cognitive behavioural therapy.

PhD psychologists (as opposed to most who are hacks and fakes) who use evidence based methods to train you and help rewire your brain.

I have a bit of a psychology education so ill water it down and tl;dr to an extreme..

You know how you can teach dogs new behaviour by giving them treats?

Yeah your brains built on very much the same reward system. There are tried tested and true approaches to rewiring a humans way of thinking and behaving.

Thats the best way to treat disorders and mental illnesses. Medication helps.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.