[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stop myself worrying

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: skinner-drunk-troubled.jpg (21KB, 640x426px) Image search: [Google]
skinner-drunk-troubled.jpg
21KB, 640x426px
My mum's gone into hospital for good with brain cancer, she'll die very soon.
I'm stressed with assignments, but my lecturers are giving me extensions so I can go see her once a week which is nice
I'm obviously not in the best place right now but I'm doing okay, and my gf/friends have been really supportive

My problem is I constantly feel like my gf (of 1 year) is going to leave me because of all this
She's upset about mum too, and has started being more frustrated/in a bad mood the last couple of weeks because of big assignments due today/Monday.
This is all v understandable but it's sending me into a bit of a worrying spiral:
She says she's going to support me through losing mum, but I keep worrying that I'll get too upset, and start becoming a burden on her, and she'll eventually leave. Then her being in a bad mood couples with me worrying about becoming a burden, and makes me feel like I'm becoming a burden now, and she's already drifting away, and I start worrying even more

I know I'm being dumb, but I can't keep bothering her with my stupid bullshit; eventually it genuinely will damage our relationship:
How do I break out of this spiral?
>>
>>18702776
If she can't handle helping you through your mother's death and thinks you're a "burden" then she is a piece of shit and you need to fucking RUN from this """"woman""""
>>
>>18702780
nah nah she's been crazy supportive of me, since the minute she found out

I should clarify: she wants to help, and doesn't see me as a burden, but I've started feeling almost constantly concerned that I'll become a burden to her; be too dependent n shit; and drive her away in the long run
That's my words tho not hers
>>
>>18702788
She should expect you to be emotionally dependant.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.