[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Choosing a career

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: huge.0.1562.jpg (20KB, 338x450px) Image search: [Google]
huge.0.1562.jpg
20KB, 338x450px
Hey /adv/,
20 year old, soon to be 21, here. I've been pursing a law degree for a couple years, and I can't help but feel like this isn't the thing for me. At first I wasn't sure whether it would be that I actually disliked the subjects or that I was just too lazy and that I didn't enjoy them because it meant working, which I wasn't used to/that it would get better later on. I, also, failed a year, and I might end up dropping out.

A problem that I have is that, even if this is truly not the thing for me I just don't know what might be, I honestly have no idea what I could do, so I feel trapped and with increasingly less options. It just feels like I'm wasting my life and fucking myself over, Is it already too late for me? Am I a failure and should I just accept it and off myself?
I honestly don't know how could I turn my life around out of this. I've been really demotivated these years.

Thanks in advance.
>>
I hope I didn't come off as too angsty.
>>
File: images.jpg (5KB, 280x180px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
5KB, 280x180px
>>18702786
I'm feeling the same way. Got a BFA in theater. Almost definitely gonna drop out of my MFA. No idea what the fuck to do
>>
>>18702799
Yeah, it's just a mess.
At least you have a BFA, though. I haven't got anythingto my name outside of the high school degree.
Theatre is pretty cool, though, from what I've seen. What's putting you off about it?
It does seem like quite a risky job, though, which is a shame.
>>
>>18702592
I'm a lawfag who once was in the same situation.
It gets better once you start working in the field. It's actually more varied. Besides, if you have no ambitions, law is probably what you'd end up coming back to.
>>
Medicine, law, computer science. Electrical engineering
These are the careers for this era.
Be guided. You don't have to like it. But you'd not end up on the streets.
>>
>>18703373
>>18703535
You think it's better to stick with what I'm already doing, even if I might not like it?
Am I too old to start looking for other career?

Out of curiosity, how did you come to the conclusion that those four careers are the ones that matter nowadays?
>>
>>18704276
And, talking of which? Were can one go to get career advice, information on what to choose and such?
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.