[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Insurance Troubles

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: skeleton.jpg (117KB, 900x854px) Image search: [Google]
skeleton.jpg
117KB, 900x854px
I need insurance, but I have no clue where to start. I live in the U.S. and I'm lower class, which is shitty to begin with, but both my mother and I are unemployed. We also fall outside the bounds of Medicaid. I'm NEET right now, and can work if I absolutely have to, but severe depression makes me hate every second I spend there.

If my goal is to get on medication ASAP, what route should I take? Any advice is greatly appreciated.
>>
>>18702325
Grab Obamacare before it disappears
>>
Illegally cross the Canadian border. While you wait for your refugee claim to be processed, you get welfare and free medicare. Not that welfare will get you nearly enough money to get by but heh.
>>
>>18702468
Mind telling me how that works? I looked it up, but I honestly still don't understand. My state is Georgia if that helps.
>>
>>18702516
Despite all the negative propaganda, all Obamacare does is require insurance companies rto offer individuals insurance at the same low rates they give to companies or unions. (That's why the insurance companies pay for all the negative ads)

While the insurance companies and Trump weren't able to kill Obamacare, they did succeed in making it very complicated to apply for, specifically to scare people like you away from trying.

You are just going to have to plow your way through the application process. It will be worth it in the end - even if Trump succeeds in killing the program, he will have to provide something for those already enrolled
>>
>>18702538
Thanks for the history, I haven't kept up with it at all. Now, from the way I understand it, I've got two options: Apply for Medicaid and hope that pulls through (unlikely since I'm soon to be out of the age range), or find private insurance and hope my mother can afford it. However, if I understand what a deductible is correctly, doesn't the latter mean she'll have to pay for the first few thousand dollars worth of treatment herself? Also, is healthcare.gov a trustworthy site?

Pardon my ignorance, I've never done this before.
>>
>>18702549
There is no age range for medicaid, not unless you qualify for medicare as an old geezer (65). If you're indigent, then you should qualify for it, just based on household income. Go to your local welfare office i.e. 'depart of health and human services' and process your application there
>>
>>18702578
Alright, I'll do that. Thanks for the help.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.