[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Guys, Real quick, I live in Canada. I am 26, and my grandfather

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: spooked2.png (13KB, 801x715px) Image search: [Google]
spooked2.png
13KB, 801x715px
Guys,

Real quick, I live in Canada.
I am 26, and my grandfather died about 9 years ago.
It's going to be 10 years in November.
He left me a will, and the people who are in charge of it have been stalling over the last 4-5 years to give it to me. They sent me breadcrumbs. They said he left me an amount under 10k, which doesn't make sense considering he was loaded. I mean, loaded. (and if it was really under 10k, even it was 100$, it wouldn't matter, I would be fine with it)

The problem here is I heard somewhere a while ago, that after 10 years if you don't claim it, it's gone. Which would explain why they are dragging me along?

Does ANYONE know what I could do or where do I start to get information or claim it or some shit?
>>
>>18702301
Get a lawyer to look over the settlement.
Worst case go to court.
You should be about to get a legal consultation for free. Take it to court if you have to. If you can't afford a lawyer offer them a percentage of the money. You've a right to know how much they owe you. If nothing else subpoena a copy of the will.
>>
>>18702371
Thanks, that helps a lot.
I wouldn't be able to afford and I would go with the percentage if anything.

I'll start with the legal consultation for free.

To actually have them go and find out how much I would have to offer them a percentage, huh?
>>
>>18702375

There are also free lawyers that can help you

But you will get far for a couple thousand, if nothing else, you can borrow the money in the bank.

If you believe that you have substancial gains, a small loan would be a sensible investment
>>
>>18702430
They play it like I have under 10k
a little under it.

Maybe they are smart and think that if I sought a lawyer, I know that I would lose a big percentage so I would just be patient.

I think I should find out if I can get a consultation and confirmation that after 10 years it's gone.
>>
>>18702301
Should immediately just get a laywer
Law is obviously on your side so even a quick letter threatening with legal action from one would probably just get you full access
>>
>>18702301
You have to go to the county that the person died and talk to the probate court. Tell them you need to access the will and then pay for the records fee. Ask them if there is any pending cases etc. You could call them and find out everything you need. You know you are on the will so you should have recieved a copy of the will which is pretty fishy.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.