[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Open Relationship

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1184.png (444KB, 1139x358px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1184.png
444KB, 1139x358px
Hey gang, so my girlfriend and I are separated by approximately 5000 miles (Massachusetts to Hawaii) and I'm kinda up in the air on this whole open relationship thing.

We started dating a little over a year ago, I took her virginity my senior year of college, her junior year as a kind of friends with benefits situation. After that she had sex with one other partner, I had sex with like 5 or 6 before we decided that we wanted to only be with each other and start formally dating. Now we've always had distance, when we were friends with benefits we would meet up roughly one to two times a month making the drive from New York to Pennsylvania where she lived. When we started dating it was flying between Pennsylvania and Georgia which we could do every month or every other month. Now she's moved to Boston where she got a kick ass finance job making bank and I've moved to Hawaii cause I'm a military fag.

The question now is, what do? Plane tickets cost roughly $1000 to fly so we can't so it every month. The amount of times we could see each other has been severely reduced cause she can't just easily take off from work so maybe twice a year for a week, for the next 3 years. I would say we have a healthy relationship, despite having a 6 hour time zone difference, and we heavily text throughout the day and usually call when I get off work and she's going to bed. I think marriage is in the cards someday, potentially once I can move back to the mainland. Still, I'm a bit of a stranger in a foreign land. I don't really have friends out here yet and as such she suggested I download bumble and tinder to meet new people and said we could open our relationship up if I desired. That sounds appealing but at the same time the idea of her being with anyone else is pretty appalling to me and I dunno if I could take that.

Any advice, /adv/?
>>
she is already sucking dick but for sure have a candidate and will do it regardless what you say

opening up the relationship means she can do it without guilt, i think your relaitonship is fake, and unless you move close in the very near future it will be over eventually
>>
Well you have three options
1. Spend thousands of dollars trying to keep your relationship closed
2. Break up with her
3. Open your relationship
2 is somewhat inevitable, but if you have an open relationship and you're seeing other people then it won't be so bad. In fact, if you have an open relationship and still talk honestly every day or so then you might actually stick together, maybe.
But 1 is unsustainable both financially and emotionally. Humans crave physical affection and companionship, and neither of you can offer that. And even if you are able to afford a plane ticket back and forth frequently, the financial stress would also break down the relationship.
When it comes down to jealousy, about being worried about her fucking other people, the "cucking" so many incels on this shitty site are terrified and aroused by, think of this: would you rather have her fuck around and be with her once every few months or have her fuck around and never be with her at all? Because either way, she's gonna fuck around eventually. And so will you.
>>
As someone who went through a LDR since junior year of high school to sophomore year of college, i highly suggest breaking it off. You can be one of the very few that make it out and end up marrying but in doing so you'll go through a very rough and annoying time your college years. She already suggested downloading tinder to see other guys, i think shes gonna find a guy who is just more convenient for her to date. Besides she can fuck him and kiss him while you really cant without shelling out a grand. Its gonna be hard but its really gonna be for the best for the both of you. I thought i was never gonna find another person as amazing as my ex , but after 4 months on tinder i found my current girlfriend who i love as much but in a different way. When you get in a new relationship, never compare them to your ex in your mind. They dont deserve that. They are both completely different people and it will be a new different kind of love.
>>
>>18702179
>Any advice
the fact that she is pushing an open relationship is a bad sign for the long term prospects of your relationship. Its probably time to bail out completely before she decides to open up the relationship without your knowledge or permission.
>>
>>18702247
Well the open relationship was her suggestion because she knew I used to be very promiscuous (I had like 25 sexual partners before I started dating her) and she said she'd understand that if I needed to be with someone just because I had been used to it for a few years. She even suggested that I could open just my side (her side would still be closed) since I don't have anyone nearby but she has friends and family that she lives with to give her love and affection.
>>
>>18702260
if any of that is true, what you just said there, then she has got to be a seriously self hating masochist. If I was in your shoes I wouldn't cheat because I love having the moral high ground just in case shit hits the fan.
>>
>>18702270
We'll she's Asian and commutes 2 hours to and from work everyday, ofcourse she's a self hating masochist
>>
>>18702276
>twice a year for a week, for the next 3 years.

well even if you did live together right now it would still be shit because she is working like crazy trying to get her career off the ground and you are doing the military thing and that's retardedly time consuming too.

If you love her pitch it to her that this is the part of your lives where you are going to get your careers off to a good start and you want to be there at the end of that rainbow together with her when its done so you two can start your lives together.

buy that girl a ring to put on her finger so she knows youre not full of shit, and then keep your dick in your pants unless its with her.

if you guys can make it through the next few years you might just have a cool, kick ass life together.
>>
>>18702194
This

She's a ho fo sho, just wants to have her cake and eat it too
>>
>>18702179
You don't have a girlfriend my man
>>
>>18702179

>5000 miles away
>GF

you're single mate. You just decided that fantasy is more comforting than reality.

Might wanna take a hard look in the mirror at some point soon.
>>
File: IMG_9294.png (584KB, 1400x2700px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9294.png
584KB, 1400x2700px
>>18702179
Either move to Hawaii, have her move to Massachusetts or just end the relationship.

Having an open relationship makes no sense
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.