[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Some 2 months ago, my gf broke up with me. We were crazy about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: desperation.jpg (193KB, 786x561px) Image search: [Google]
desperation.jpg
193KB, 786x561px
Some 2 months ago, my gf broke up with me. We were crazy about each other, but we were also not good for each other, we fought a lot, and I think it was the best decision of her. The problem is I never accepted the breaking up. Sometimes I go back to my memories with her because they were perfect.
2 days ago, I went to a party of my college with some friends to see if I can get over. I ended up not making out with anyone, and got to see my ex there, making out with someone. I had been dealing pretty well with the end of my relationship up to yesterday. Now I feel crushed, destroyed. She came to me and we talked as friends, and she kept saying things that, without knowing, hurt me.

I am now feeling a kind of self-pity that I haven't felt in years. She even came to me on FB to ask me if I was ok and saying she wants me to be part of her new, happier life. This destroys me. I am 21 years old and she was my first girlfriend, and I feel horrible right now, I do not know how I am going to handle all that.
>>
>>18701876
You just let yourself suffer, I speak from experience, trying to fight your feelings only gives you more negativity to combat.
It sucks dude, it really sucks and that's okay, don't run away from that, face your pain, you will come out stronger for it, and now you know she's someone you couldn't have trusted in the long term. In my case, telling my ex not to contact me again and thankfully moving to another city for university helped me a ton, it'll still be a dull pain ocassionally, but time heals, and eventually you'll die and not have to deal with any of it.
>>
Tell her, "as much as I appreciate the invitation to be apart of your life, being real with myself, it's better if I go down a different path. I wish you the best."

Then get your thoughts together.
>you got reminded of the good times with her by meeting, and that has overwhelmed your perspective on what you use to have.

> I never understand when people get hung up on the relationship after it has ended. It didn't work out. Staying hung up on the idea of, 'what if it did or what we be doing right now' only causes undue suffering. What's the point in thinking about stuff like that? It's not going to happen.
>>
>>18701876
>I went to a party of my college with some friends to see if I can get over. I ended up not making out with anyone.
Bad move, you should take a rest from
anything romantic related, give yourself a time to heal, avoid things that might trigger thoughts about her.
>She even came to me on FB to ask me if I was ok and saying she wants me to be part of her new, happier life.
Just don't, do what the other anons said, and completely block her from your life, she will do no good to you.
>>
>>18701876
Cut her out of your life. Not because she's awful or you're awful but because she is you ex. And exs are exs for a reason. Deal with your pain and wake up everyday and make yourself smile. Make yourself get out of bed and make yourself an enjoyable day. When she pops in your head make yourself think of something else. Its easier said than done and you will screw up some days but soon enough you'll be moved on from her and onto someone better. You don't believe it now...but sooner or later you will be glad for this time.
>>
I was forced to be friends with my ex of 2.5 years after she left me. It took a lot of work and resiliance to get past the pain.

I would tell myself constantly that she's no longer mine, and I'm not longer hers. I'm my own person, I only have to take care of myself now. Everything I do is for myself. It's quite empowering and it's a great opportunity to better yourself. I started running, which helped a lot. It gives you a lot of alone time to think without distraction, and when your thoughts turn dark, you're able to physically exert yourself that little bit more which is an extremely cathartic experience.

Practice talking to other girls. You don't need an agenda, but try speaking to them first just to remind yourself that you're capable of meeting other girls. When you're ready, ask a girl to hang out. As soon as you meet a new girl that you fancy, your hurting will drastically reduce. Just make sure that when you meet a new girl, that you're happy and comfortable with yourself.
>>
>>18702006
>I was forced to be friends with my ex of 2.5 years after she left me.
>forced
How?
>>
>>18702086
Our friend groups are quite intertwined, and she lives around the corner. I could socially isolate myself to avoid her, but I don't think that would have helped anything.

I think I'm doing better than she is, she's gone a bit off the rails and is constantly alternating between depressed and partying as a result of compensating for the breakup. I, on the other hand, worked through the breakup and have become comfortable with myself.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.