[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Young and looking for gf

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_9569.jpg (51KB, 500x384px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9569.jpg
51KB, 500x384px
Hey /adv/, I want a relationship. I've been on many dates and I've set the bar really high and I feel really sad. I really want a serious girlfriend, someone I can invest my time with. Only problem is that I'm 19.

I have my shit together, I have a job, I'm studying hard in college, I have a good social life. I just... want to share my life with somebody. I want to give love and have fun with someone special.

Is there something I could be missing? I feel I have so much to offer but I can't find someone to give any of it to.

Any advice?
>>
>>18701733
Yeah, date.

A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
>>
There's someone out there looking for the exact same shit you are, but they're gonna be fuckin hard to find. Girls your age generally just want to do degenerate shit.

I'd say keep looking, but also be cautious. I was just like you and I met someone similar when I was 20. We broke up when she realized she missed out on her party whore years and decided to live them when we were 25. Don't let that discourage you, everyone is different, but these years can be really weird.
>>
>>18701733
>19
>have your shit together

Im not saying you arent doing well. But in 11 years youll be my age and youll know exactly how hilariously wrong you are.
Its relevant Because your brain is literally still developing and will until youre 25 and you wont be even close to the same human being by then you are now. A lot can change in that time.

Finding some life partner to give your all to at this age is unrealistic and inadvisable. It works for some but in general its not a great idea.

By all means date, love and experience, find out what you really want, find out what negative qualities are impossible for you to deal with (any partner will.be fucked up somehow. Its a question if theyre fucked up the wrong way for you.) and which qualities empower and compliment you.

Anyways

I have been in 4 relationships. 2 ltr, and 2 friendships that blossomed into romances and ended on really good terms because our goals didnt line up so i like to think i have some perspective.

Love does not happen because you did the math and decided what a perfect girl is. Looking for superficial qualities and having "high standards" leads literally nowhere. Its a good way to become infatuated, have a great honeymoon, then find out you were totally wrong and your partner is a total fuck nut but have a hard time leaving because you were "so sure" this was the one.

Love comes from time together, mutual experience and bonding, and chemistry between your personalities. How your positives and negatives interact.

So anyones approach imo is meet people. Interact. If you seem to get along with a girl and you can talk like youre friends instead of forcing small talk and questions, ask her out. If there is sexual tension, have sex with her, then if she sticks around and you want to stay around to, then youve formed a relationship, and it happened organically. No assessing of qualities or overthinking required
>>
Another older anon here

>>18701769

Another thing to consider is that "standards"
are typically not arbitrarily created things.

"Standards" are almost always derived from countless real world experiences and applications,slowly honed in and refined. They utilitarian, not theoretical. They have some real world basis and don't just magically pop up because some guy said, "This is how it should be".

The times they ARE arbitrarily made, they tend not to be able to stand up to any scrutiny nor the rigors of the real world.

Part of what being young is, is exploring and gaining experience so you can learn what's ACTUALLY important to you, and who you think you are. Sticking to arbitrary standards is inhibitive towards that
>>
>>18701750
You are a colossal faggot.
>>
>serious girlfriend
>19

You're only gonna find serious girlfriends in their 30's. Once they realize they're hitting the wall and need a provider which even you can't be since you're so young.
>>
>>18701845
That's it roastie-chan. Let the anger flow.
>>
>>18701733
Dating at this age is really risk if you're aiming for long term, but if your goal is just getting some experience, you should be fine, meet some girls, and don't overthink about it, eventually someone will stick around.
>>
>>18701847
nah that's not true.
You can find serious girlfriends under that age if you just get them pregnant. Granted not all will get their shit together but most just get super obsessive over their baby boy/girl and want things to get easier not harder.
>>
>>18702232
This can work for a while, but definitely not in the big run.
>>
All these guys are cucks. College is the best time to find serious girlfriends. Setting the bar high is common but unfair to most folks. Have a few nonnegotiables, whatever that may be for you, but don't expect some doctor who's also the captain of the track team and does modeling part time to just show up. Be realistic.
>>
>>18702285
>College is the best time to find serious girlfriends.
What?! College girls are most of the time raging sluts.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.