[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Valar Morghulis

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: Tom-Wlaschiha-as-Jaqen-Hghar.png (181KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
Tom-Wlaschiha-as-Jaqen-Hghar.png
181KB, 500x281px
I turned 30 a few months ago and ever since then I have been preoccupied with the idea that I will die soon. While I know that statistically I am not even halfway through my life, I feel like the past 10-years have flown by in the blink of an eye, and the older I get the faster time seems to go by. I'm afraid that before I know it I'll be 40, then 50, and then one die I'll be old and frail and close to death.

I have struggled to cope with these thoughts and feelings, and I've noticed that I've been considerably more depressed over the last few months. I want to enjoy life again. Is there anyway for me to slow time on a subjective level at least to where I can savor the time I have more effectively?
>>
My hypothesis for time beginning to pass more quickly as you age comes mainly from your memory worsening.

So, from my point of view, you probably can't unless you just make lots of memories.
>>
>>18701689
I'm 29 and I know what you're feeling.
The only thing that I feel that would make me slow down and relish what I have is if I fucking made something of myself and had a real career.
I don't, so I feel like shit.
But if I did, then jeez, I could be happy and then even want the future to hurry up and exist.
>>
>>18701752

I have a decent career with a lot of move for advancement. I have a beautiful girlfriend that I'm in love with and I still feel this way. I'm generally a happy person as well, but this is the first time this has happened. I'm just not sure how to snap out of this and get busy living and less time focusing on my days evaporating quickly before me.
>>
>>18701783
I'd be very happy in your shoes.
But I guess everything is relative and success doesn't make you happy or whatever.

I guess if you're unhappy with what you have, and I'm unhappy with what I have, what makes me happy might means something to you.
1) Cooking
2) Gym
3) Game nights with friends

My real life is pretty much in shambles, but those three things keep me going.
>>
You're entering the best decade of your life. Enjoy your 30s.
>>
Feelings of mortality are significantly improved by feeling like you aren't wasting your time.
>>
>>18701689
>I'm afraid that before I know it I'll be 40, then 50, and then one die I'll be old and frail and close to death.
Why is that bad?
>>
>>18701748
Your brain processes novel experiences differently, so they seem to take longer.
As you age, you have fewer novel experiences.
At least that was the theory my psych prof explained.
>>
>>18701689
Turned 30 a few years ago and I can relate. So I started doing things that make my life more fulfilling. I want to look back on my life and say that was time well spent.
>>
>>18701689
maybe start a spiritual journey

lawofone.info
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advaita_Vedanta

you don't have to believe me
meditate enough and you will see
>>
File: chadsadhguru.jpg (101KB, 1090x613px) Image search: [Google]
chadsadhguru.jpg
101KB, 1090x613px
>>18703985
do isha kris and listen to sadhguru
>>
>>18704265
kriya*
>>
>>18701689
Valar Dohaeris
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.