[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: maxresdefault.jpg (29KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
29KB, 1280x720px
how to deal with Depression
>>
>>18701582
tends to be different for everyone on the micro but on the macro: therapy, exercise, healthier diet (eat the rainbow, get your macros in).
>>
GOT DEPRESSION?
1. SUNLIGHT
2. EXERCISE
3. SOCIAL INTERACTION
4. HEALTHY DIET
CURED!
>>
is it possible to lead a normal life with

-ADHD
-SCT
-depression
-anxiety
>>
File: test.png (2MB, 1602x1001px) Image search: [Google]
test.png
2MB, 1602x1001px
>>18701703
no
>>
>>18701690
There is no cure for real depression. Only management, it's with you for your whole life.
>>
I might be depressed, I'm not entirely sure. Whenever I describe myself to people they say it's depression so I guess it is.

>>18701690
Not op but
I've tried the whole exercise thing. Used to be in martial arts and soccer for years but was still like this. My diet is pretty decent. Not watching every meal, but I get my food groups and eat the correct shit.

Social interaction is lacking. But I really don't have any drive or care for it. Whenever I do go out with people it ends with me not wanting to go out with people.

What do now?

I can kind of see a problem with my life being a drone with no motivation. But in a functional member of society. I work, I'm not suicidal and I'm self sufficient. Just kinda dead.
>>
>>18701790
First go to see a psycologist and explain what your problems are. Then do what other have said here, change your negative habits, do more exercise, be more active, I know it's very difficult, I've been years doing that and I haven't achieve all I want to change but some things have change I thought.
>>
>>18701809
I don't really have things I want to change though other than the base problem of no motivation or drive for anything. I'm content with my life as it is.
Not to be cocky or anything, but my life as it is now is on a great track from an objective standpoint. I've got a stem degree and a good job with it that's going places. I'm pretty well enough in shape.
No real worries. Just kinda here and going through the motions for it.
I'd say it's not what I want to be doing with my life. But there's not really anything else I do want to do with my life either so I just keep doing what I'm doing.
>>
>>18701824
>my life as it is now is on a great track from an objective standpoint. I've got a stem degree and a good job with it that's going places. I'm pretty well enough in shape.
So, what are you speaking about then?

Because you don't like your job???
>>
>>18701690
>t. someone whos never had depression or studied it or understands it even in the slightest
>>
>>18701836
All of those things help. Come one enlighten us with your knowleadge,
>>
>>18701848
Not for everyone.

Here's the real advice:
>Therapy
>Medication

Thats what you do to COPE with depression. You never cure it. You have it for life. Tough titties that's the cards you were dealt, but through drugs and therapy you can live a mostly normal life, just with a few bad days.

You're not a fucking plant. Sitting out in the sun till you have 3rd degree burns ain't gonna make you happy.
Working out 12 hours a day every day ain't gonna make you happy.
Eating like an Olympic athlete ain't gonna make you happy.
Talking to people all day every day ain't gonna make you happy.
>>
>>18701862
And what that medication does to you exactly?
So you are dependant of the medication for life?
It doesn't sound good. You stop being depressed but you become an addict.
>>
>>18701871
>SSRIs work by enhancing the function of nerve cells in the brain that regulate emotion. Information is communicated between your brain cells with signals. The chemical messengers that deliver these signals are called neurotransmitters. Serotonin is one type of neurotransmitter. When these brain cells (called neurons) send signals to one another, they release a little bit of a neurotransmitter so that the message can be delivered. They then have to take back the neurotransmitter they released so they can send the next message. This process of replacing the neurotransmitter is called “reuptake.” If you’re struggling with depression, the areas of your brain that regulate mood and send messages using serotonin might not function properly. SSRIs help make more serotonin available by blocking the reuptake process. This allows serotonin to build up between neurons so messages can be sent correctly. They’re called “selective” serotonin reuptake inhibitors because they specifically target serotonin.

If you think all drugs are bad/addictive you're a moron. Modern medicine is a beautiful thing. They help you out when your body fucks up. Otherwise your options are to pray you develop photosynthesis so the sun can make you happy.
Think I'd rather be dependent on drugs that work than sit outside on my front lawn talking to strangers while eating a chicken sandwich curling a dumbbell and still being depressed
>>
>>18701871
Do you consider a diabetic who needs insulin injections an addict?
Do you consider the old man who needs blood pressure pills to keep his heart from exploding an addict?
Do you consider women who use birth control addicts?
>>
>>18701884
And are those medicine afordable?
>>
>>18701922
my insurance covered mine completely.
Can go from 7-13 bucks for generic
>>
First, to even begin to understand how to deal with depression, you need to focus on two things.

1. Find the root cause.

Depression can come from a shitload of sources, whether it be a chemical imbalance natural to your own brain, the result of trauma or repressed shit, a lack of the proper nutrients your body needs, anything really. Usually you'll need the help of a medical proffessional to go down the rabbit hole and find the root cause.

2. Understand depression itself and what it does to you.

At it's core, depression is a chemical imbalance in your brain, usually a lack of a certain type. Serotonin, Melatonin, and Tryptophan. These three primarily govern how you feel, how much you feel, ect.

This is a subject I've dealt with extensively. I'm not a doctor, but I can try to help.
>>
>>18701862
Damn bro, I get that medication has given you some much needed stability in life but really you've given up, but have some respect and don't tell people who are still fighting to load themselves up with antidepressants.
>>
>>18701582
I was kinda depressed too. 1-2 hours walks every morning helped me a bit. Also gym and diet are doing good for me. Try talking about whats on ur mind to ur friends. You can also search for a new hobby or learn something new
>>
>>18702054
Medication is not giving up, it's just doing something that actually works and not hippie bullshit with no validity
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.