[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Motivation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 17oa.jpg (555KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
17oa.jpg
555KB, 900x600px
What can I do to motivate myself to achieve my goals?

I've always had a hard time actually doing anything productive, but lately I've had this sinking feeling where I just don't see the point anymore in trying to achieve my goals. In the past I would always feel this "sting" when I was letting myself down, almost like a sharp pain that reminded me to get myself together and give it another go. But nowadays, every time I put one step forward I get this almost inherent urge to sabotage myself and wallow in self-loathing and misery. Now that "sting" has left me and I just feel empty, as if I'm doomed to be a non-achiever and I don't even really care.

Can anyone relate or maybe even help? Thanks.
>>
>>18701052
Stop treating yourself as a slave. You are free man. Lie on your bed, close eyes and say aloud: i am free and i can stay like this whole day! Then realize that it is stupid thing to do, make up your mind about what you truly want and then simply do it.

Making list of your goals on paper and crafting it with dates is also good idea. Break huge goals into multiple smaller ones.
>>
>>18701087
>then simply do i

Therein lies the problem. I have no passion, energy or will to do anything.
>>
File: how to be happy.png (103KB, 540x396px) Image search: [Google]
how to be happy.png
103KB, 540x396px
>>18701105
Sometimes doing nothing is also good option. But if that was true, you wouldnt make this thread.

Seek psycholog. Maybe you have deeper problem. Or ask friends or parents to whip you into action.
>>
>>18701105
"I have no passion, energy or will to do anything"

the thoughts you harbor in your day to day become who you are.

So when you say shit like "i dont have the will to do anything" you believe it.
that is your truth you have given yourself.
But by literally telling yourself you CAN do it and doing that constantly everyday. It will inherently change your thoughts and actions and the person you are. good luck
>>
Force yourself.
Get angry if you have to, but just do things.
Fuck motivation, the only reason you need is because you can.
Shia LeBeouf is actually fucking right, just do it.
And don't you tell me "But I'm not motivated", FUCK YOU, DO IT ANYWAYS.
Look at yourself in the fucking mirror and say "I can do this."
And if you don't, then you can't.

Guess what too? I don't give a shit if you do it or not. I don't, none of the anons in this thread, no one on 4chan, hell even the people closest to you don't, because it's not their life.
It's yours motherfucker.

Get up and do something about it.
We're with you the whole way, but only if you take the first step.
>>
>>18701052
What are your goals specifically?
What are the advantages you would enjoy if you did complete those goals?
What are the disadvantages you would suffer if you did not complete your goals?
>>
>>18701142
That's some very good advice, thanks for posting it. I think this could work, I'll definitely try it. I know I need to be more positive. Every time I feel a bit of positivity flowing through my body, the world seems like a place full of opportunity, so it would make sense to put my mind is a positive place as much as possible.

>>18701152
I'll be honest, I felt like throwing my laptop out of my window and punching myself in the face after reading your post. The only reason I'm still here is because the other people that contributed deserve a reply because they've taken the time to help me. But that is a very inspirational little speech. Thank you. I am writing it down and in the morning I will read it first thing. It actually all just boils down to what you said. It is that simple, I just need to put in the hard work no matter what.

>>18701159
>What are your goals specifically?
To get fit, to challenge myself mentally by teaching myself certain things (subjects such as art, film analysis, culture and history are my primary interests), I want to write a screenplay and I want to go on a road trip.

The advantages would be satisfaction from achieving my goals, an increase in happiness (hopefully), more experience and more confidence. And hopefully to meet girls at some stage.

The disadvantages would be that I stay stuck in the same situation as now. However, I don't "feel" these disadvantages because I don't know anything else but to be stuck in this situation.. if that makes sense? I'm miserable but it's the way I've been for a long time so if it doesn't change it won't really matter that much.
>>
>>18701052
>Can anyone relate or maybe even help? Thanks
I definitely relate. A lot actually.
Broke my foot a month ago and had to spend 2 weeks in bed, which got me into a deep state of self-loathing. I still haven't caught up with the classes I missed.
It's just as you put it OP, there is this part of that wants me to fail, constantly sabotaging everything I do. Could it be low self-esteem? I'm not sure.
I feel like a totally different person when I'm socializing compared to who I am when alone in my room.
Everyone would say I'm successful, that I've never failed at anything. Why do I feel like I'm constantly failing to myself then?
After those 2 weeks, I noticed I should be the person I am when around other people rather than who I am when alone. I also think goals should be small enough to be achievable; this is another important point in my story, I've always put high standards on myself. Is it worth?
I'm not particularly fond of anything. It's always between a yes and a no. I don't dislike what I'm studying at all, but I don't particularly like it either. Why do I keep going then?
Should I just live enough to feed my hobbies? Will I see the end of this?
An Anon's advice comes to my mind:
>It is fine to carry a cross. It is fine to look and not go. Some promises are good because they don't come to an end. You can have regrets and gratitude. You can be clothed in a cold night.
>>
There's a burning passion lit deep within you yet to surface, as we grow older society likes to dull and hide our flame, its just a matter of rekindling the fire.
Everything you choose to do, every little move you make shapes you into who you are. The actions you take train your mind and the mind follows the body, the body follows the mind. Each time you procrastinate you get BETTER at doing it. You build up your skill set of procrastinating. You need a focal point, goals, and you seem to have them. Understand your vices and keep a schedule, get in a routine, it sounds like dad advice but it works. Identify your reward system of bad habits, do you like the energy you get from a soda in the morning? Replace it with the energy you get from a morning run.
Lastly, as someone who also writes, here's my take on creative motivation.
If you build your skill set on constantly creating but not finishing, you'll never finish anything. Pretty simple right? You need to create and finish things, even if it's bad or feels unfinished, set goals to complete tasks and FINISH it when your time is up. We are inherently self-critical and perfectionists, but people dont remember perfectionists, they remember those who get things done. Kill off your pet projects and big ideas early, they're holding you back and usually arent as great as you think they are when they take years to get started. You're not perfect, and that's good. You have no impossible standards to live up to. Just create and live how you please because it's what you want.
Remember, nothing is wholly original, it's just about how you express yourself that makes it yours.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.