[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wheatgrass, bullshit?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: download.jpg (5KB, 310x163px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
5KB, 310x163px
I need the red pill on this "super food". There are very little research/studies done on wheatgrass, but so many people claim that it does so much for the body. Anybody have any experience or knowledge on this subject? Is it just a fad and over hyped up piece of grass? Or is it actually a super food?
>>
Most 'superfoods' don't have miraculous effects unless you're consuming them in unrealistic quantities. Just focus on eating a good, balanced, unprocessed diet.
>>
My friend does it.
It is just a fad.
All the nutrition in wheat grass you can get from other things for less.
You don't need any special shit to be healthy, just a good diet.
>>
what kind of veggies should I start eating to have a good diet?
>>
>>18700487
It doesn't really matter, as long as you have a good variety, including different colours. Potatoes are considered a carb, not a vegetable, by the way.
>>
>>18700487
All veggies.
Switch up every now and than.
Someone once told me a general rule is to have one of every color on your plate in one meal.
>>
>>18700496
So if i were to go to the supermarket right now to get some vegetables, what if i just got a bag of mixed frozen veggies? Broccoli, green beans, and carrots mix. Would that be good enough for my daily nutrient intake?
>>
>>18700516
That's a good start, but throw in some leafy greens like spinach. Also take a look at the fresh produce, in-season fresh produce tastes good and is good for you.
>>
>>18700529
What does that mean? Like strawberries and stuff?
>>
>>18700537
It means whatever is in-season where you live. It depends on the season and the location. I don't know where you live, so I can't answer that. Your best bet is to go to a farmers market though.
>>
>>18700516
I would not recommend frozen box veggies.
You should get fresh veggies from a market of some kind.
>>
>>18700570
How come? I heard they still retain their nutrietnts? More info would be appreciated on the 'why' part.
>>
>>18700594
To be honest i have no idea i just have a frozen food bias. Plus fresh veggies taste better.
>>
>>18700603
Frozen veggies are good if you don't have access to fresh and local produce. They retain most of their nutrients are are picked at peak freshness. Frozen veggies trump fresh when fresh veggies aren't good quality, are out of season/region, or are picked too early/late.
>>
I stopped paying attention to health food fads when kale, a so-called superfood, was found to have a lower nutrient density than good, green lettuce. Not iceberg, but a rich green.

To stay healthy, eat a good variety of food, avoid junk food for the most part (occasional treats are good for your mental health), eat fresh and whole foods when possible, and cook food but not too much.

When it comes to nutrients, you body knows what it needs. If you crave beef, fish, vegetables, fruits, listen to your body. Junk food cravings can be substituted with healthier options.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.